: Catera Headlights

asuhayda
12-26-07, 04:15 PM
I would like to know if anybody out there has any solutions to the catera headlights. If you are a real enthusiast you know about this issue. They can easily break off the plastic mounts and become very loose. This causes them to be uneven, and jiggle in place while you drive. Does anybody have any solutions on how to fix this...whether if be to open up the headlight and repair it or a good aftermarket headlight to replace it with. Please dont respond with stupid stuff like...buy a malibu or buy new headlights..

Thanks for your help
Andrew

todd2fst4u
12-26-07, 06:50 PM
they ebay projector headlights make good replacements

ChaticCatera206
12-30-07, 03:49 PM
I just bought my catera recently and when I got it home I noticed the headlights needed to be adjusted. Upon trying to adjust them I found them to be broken. So I told the dealership due to it being a safety issue so they decided they would replace them for me. They wanted to go used, they ended up having to order three different sets because each set showed up broken in the same way. They finally gave up the fourth time and ordered a set of projectors off ebay, they ended up being TYC brand headlights which makes a lot aftermarket headlights and tail lights, I have had them for about 5 days and they seem to be of decent quality, they are fairly bright and look a lot better than the factory hazed plastic headlights.

So basicly I would just save time and money in the long run by going with the projectors.

asuhayda
12-31-07, 01:58 PM
Was your car covered under the warranty and thats why they bought headlights for you?

ChaticCatera206
12-31-07, 09:04 PM
No, they sold the car with broken headlights, thats a safety hazard, they can't do that so they had to replace them. In theory if I was in an accident because I couldn't see because of they lights, they could have gotten sued.