: Catera Locking Wheel Bolts

MickeyG
12-26-07, 11:44 AM
Can anyone suggest a source for locking wheel bolts for my 1998 Catera? Or perhaps give me the actual bolt size? I'm a new owner of a low-mileage Cat and LOVE the car. I hope someone doesn't love the chrome wheels more than I do.

Thanks,
MickeyG

TSS
12-26-07, 12:19 PM
Can anyone suggest a source for locking wheel bolts for my 1998 Catera? Or perhaps give me the actual bolt size? I'm a new owner of a low-mileage Cat and LOVE the car. I hope someone doesn't love the chrome wheels more than I do.

Thanks,
MickeyG
Congrats on the new car. I would not seriously worry about the rims, unless you live in a really bad area. Even the new Lade rims don't come with wheel locks. I have not heard that 98 cat rims are a hot market. ...except maybe to another cat lover....

MickeyG
12-26-07, 12:51 PM
Peachtree City is sometimes called "the Bubble'" since it's a safe, family oriented place. Unfortunately my daughter is driving the car in Atlanta and works in Colege Park (near the airport) - a REALLY bad location. We love the car though and hope the chrome wheels don't attract anyone else's attention.

Thanks,
MickeyG

elvin315
12-26-07, 02:53 PM
I bought these for by car. Not locking bolts per say but secure enough for me. The bolts are huge chromed Allen Heads. I was missing most of the black bolt caps so decided to go with these. They look good and the chances that theives would carry a proper sized allen wrench are slim. They come with the "key".

Catera Lug Bolts (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02-Cadillac-Catera-17-18-19-WHEELS-Tuner-Lug-Bolts_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118QQcate goryZ33749QQihZ006QQitemZ160162701475QQrdZ1QQsspag enameZWD1V)

MickeyG
12-26-07, 03:03 PM
Hey thanks! That looks like just what I'm looking for. I REALLY appreicate the help!