: Is Santa Hooking Up Ur V

vmoving
12-23-07, 08:29 PM
Im getting my Magnaflow but I am sure someone can one up that!

JonCR96Z
12-24-07, 01:19 AM
AFR heads, cam, clutch and all the miscellaneous stuff. Ofcourse, Santa is the UPS driver and they're wanting me to foot the bill.

nikon
12-24-07, 06:13 AM
hid fogs.....no go fast parts till 2012 or 100k :(

Black Sunshine
12-24-07, 07:09 AM
KARSIII, Caddy Racing sways, Rear tower strut, Performance rotors w/ Hawk pads, MSD coil set and a few misc. parts pic'd below.
"The Don" is one friggin happy V.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/Engine/CTSVPartsShipment12_10_07Small115.jpg

vmoving
12-24-07, 09:32 AM
Damn black, Im getting coal compared to your stuff!

VDiddy
12-24-07, 10:37 AM
455 C.I. LS7 based shortblock to go with my ported L92 heads and L76 intake.

faylix
12-24-07, 11:30 AM
118db Hella supertones. designed to destroy posers.

onebadcad
12-24-07, 11:34 AM
KARSIII, Caddy Racing sways, Rear tower strut, Performance rotors w/ Hawk pads, MSD coil set and a few misc. parts pic'd below.
"The Don" is one friggin happy V.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/Engine/CTSVPartsShipment12_10_07Small115.jpg

Dammmmmmmmmmn, Gene you must have been very good this year.
Looks like you will have a very Happy, Happy, Happy new year!!!!!!!

onebadcad
12-24-07, 11:35 AM
AFR heads, cam, clutch and all the miscellaneous stuff. Ofcourse, Santa is the UPS driver and they're wanting me to foot the bill.

Jon,
Sweet, H/C is the gift that keeps on giving!!!

onebadcad
12-24-07, 11:37 AM
455 C.I. LS7 based shortblock to go with my ported L92 heads and L76 intake.

VD,
That is some serious cubes, who did your build, and if you don't mind, what was the bill from Santa.

ahahnu
12-24-07, 11:53 AM
Wow. I always thought growing up, Santa elves made toys. Now I know they are jewelers, gem setters, watch makers, mechanics and a whole bunch more. And to all the parts laying on the floor of the garage, I am very jealous, hewll to anyone doing anything to their car. I wish I was single again. All the money i trashed on my girl and her family could have some nice jewelry for the car instead of her.

trukk
12-24-07, 11:56 AM
Cloyes Hex-adjust-timing double roller timing chain
ASP Harmonic Balancer w/ ARP bolts
Ford Motorsports 30# Flow matched Fuel injectors
OR
Lucas 42Lbs Flow Matched Fuel Injectors
Patriot Extreme Valve Springs
ARP Cam retainer Bolt
Camshaft gasket pack
Comp Push Rods 7.425"
Yella Terra Ultralite rockers
Patrick G custom Ground Cam shaft
GM Racing Rear Upper control arms
Your mama-Chris

stkshkr
12-24-07, 12:31 PM
Yella Terra ultralite rockers
Patroit gold valve springs with TI retainers
BES ported and polished heads
Cadillac racing lifters
Cometic head gaskets
ATI dampner
Comp chromemoly pushrods
Diamond pistons
Callies crank
Callies Compstar rods w/ARP bolts
ARP head studs
SLP double roller timing chain
SLP blueprinted oil pump
TCI scattershield
RPM Stage V transmission
PatrickG custom Comp blower cam
Maybe... subframe connectors
Ligenfelter launch control
Autometer Tach with shift light, memory and playback

This 383CI motor assembled and tuned by the great folks at EPP

Santa has been really nice to me

JonCR96Z
12-24-07, 12:33 PM
Cloyes Hex-adjust-timing double roller timing chain
ASP Harmonic Balancer w/ ARP bolts
Ford Motorsports 30# Flow matched Fuel injectors
OR
Lucas 42Lbs Flow Matched Fuel Injectors
Patriot Extreme Valve Springs
ARP Cam retainer Bolt
Camshaft gasket pack
Comp Push Rods 7.425"
Yella Terra Ultralite rockers
Patrick G custom Ground Cam shaft
GM Racing Rear Upper control arms
Your mama-Chris

You don't really need new injectors, the stock 28.8s will do fine. I'm only going to upgrade the fuel pump. You also don't really need the the double roller either, unless you're cam don't degree correctly. I'm going to use the LS2 chain.

thebigjimsho
12-24-07, 01:20 PM
My brother may be buying me breakfast at Denny's tomorrow. How about that?

Black Sunshine
12-24-07, 01:47 PM
Ah yes! The final touch. Christmas at Denny's.

Believe me, all those goodies certainly weren't cheap but I got em on the cheap.:thumbsup:

The boiler biznez is goooooooooood.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/Smileys/pimp.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/Smileys/311966_97.gif

On the issue of fuel pumps, has anyone done an in-tank pump upgrade? If so what, where and how much for da pump kit?

randycsvt
12-24-07, 04:15 PM
I am getting an LPE intake and homemade intake tube. I am also hoping to get a B&B exhaust.

SuperV_Rob
12-25-07, 07:59 AM
Shhhhh, don't tell my "V", I guess that it was not the best little "V" around because it only got!

1) New racing suspension
2) rear upper control arms
3) spoiler
4) Corsa Exhaust

If it cleans up its act, I guess it will get a maggie in the new year.... :D

Albertan
12-25-07, 07:00 PM
Gee, I guess I wasn't very good. All I got was Cadillac Cologne! But at least it smells nice.

csp3000
12-25-07, 09:28 PM
Well the V was so good Santa got the V some presents before Christmas and some will arrive from Santa a little after Christmas but he has already put the order in...:D

Santa early presents were...
3 Piece triple plated chrome 593 HRE's 20X10 in the back and 20X8.5 in the front.

Santa will be making a stop back to my house right after New Years for...
Maggie, NOSzle Direct Port E.F.I. Nitrous System 100 to 300 shot with twin 10lb bottles...:lildevil:

Plus if the V is still super good after New Years a very nice cam and head package should be coming from specter werks...:D

VDiddy
12-25-07, 09:32 PM
VD,
That is some serious cubes, who did your build, and if you don't mind, what was the bill from Santa.
Erik Koenig in Houston is building the motor. It's a standard LS7 block with a .005 cleanup hone and 4.250" stroke callies crank. I'm using Callies rods and factory pan with spacers for wet sump. Price was about $6500, including all parts and labor. Helluva deal for 670HP with my heads, cam and exhaust.

Couple things to note: LS7 block has cylinders that are .300" longer than any other GM LS series block. This makes the 4.25" stroke possible without problems, assuming the ring stack is right. This block also has billet main caps. It was only a few hundo more than an LSX iron block.

trukk
12-26-07, 01:09 PM
You don't really need new injectors, the stock 28.8s will do fine. I'm only going to upgrade the fuel pump. You also don't really need the the double roller either, unless you're cam don't degree correctly. I'm going to use the LS2 chain.

My injector Duty Cycle is at 92% at WOT/6K RPM's right now at 380rwhp. If I ad another 50, adn take this car to the road course, I think I'm definately going to need new injectors. I'm leaning towards the SVO's. Do I need antyhing else besides the injectors, fuel system wise? I'd prefer to stay away from a boost-a-pump, or replacing the fuel pump (unless necessary). This crap is costing enough as it is.

I went for the cloyes for a couple of reasons:

Durability. There is no way in hell I'm going to EVER have to worry about that thing.
Ease of install. It' snot like you have to do the whole line up the dots' thing with this timing kit. you just put in the allen wrench and dial in the ammount of advance or retard. Makes it very dummy proof. I've read way to many 'bent my valves' stories over on the other forum, when istalling adjustable timing kits.
The cloyes is infinately adjustable, not just in 1% increments. While the custom cam I'm getting is set for 111+0, I'm getting the cam card, so I know for sure. If it ends up being + 1.5 or something, then I can just adjust it back to what it's supposed to be.
BTW, Santa ended up bringing me the following:
- Harmonic balancer + ARP crank bolt
- ARP cam retainer bolts
- Billet valve cover breather (NW TB doesn;t have a PVC connection, so I needed this breather)

:banghead:

LOL, my wife was like: "Most of the stuff was on back order, so I go you these nice socks instead."

Heh, guess it's time to start scorching the cards.

-Chris

Twitch
12-26-07, 01:30 PM
Getting my hochkis swaybars for $312 shipped, from Tbyrne. Sale ends today.
My girlfriend ordered a Momo shift knob. She also owes me some $$$, so that'll be my BMR wheelhop kit and some UUC mounts & bushings, when Luke gets them in.

ScottR
12-27-07, 08:08 PM
Santa hooked me up WITH the V so I couldn't ask for much more...this year anyway.

Black Sunshine
12-28-07, 01:38 AM
Scott, that really IS enough, ya know?:lildevil:

My car just turned one year old on the road and this still happens

Ya walk out the door in the morning trying to remember if you've got your chit together (phone, puter, schedule, keys, etc.) and ya look up and there's the V. I'd swear some mornings that MF'r's actually wagging his tail (if he had one) in excitement that Daddy's come out to play. I just get butterflies thinking bout hittin the leather. Nothing sounds more soothing (or psyches me up for the days opportunities better) in the morning than two or three minutes of warmup while sipping on some go juice before headin' out to the playground.

I just can't help it but there are only two cars I've driven in my life that do this to me. My Impala SS and da V.

ScottR
12-28-07, 09:16 PM
^ Well said man! I know of this excitement you speak of... good to know I am not even close to being the only person who is so passionate/crazy about my car.
Really enjoyed reading your post.

keithsm2
12-28-07, 09:51 PM
Da V!!!!

trukk
12-29-07, 12:52 PM
My injector Duty Cycle is at 92% at WOT/6K RPM's right now at 380rwhp. If I ad another 50, adn take this car to the road course, I think I'm definately going to need new injectors. I'm leaning towards the SVO's. Do I need antyhing else besides the injectors, fuel system wise? I'd prefer to stay away from a boost-a-pump, or replacing the fuel pump (unless necessary). This crap is costing enough as it is.

I went for the cloyes for a couple of reasons:

Durability. There is no way in hell I'm going to EVER have to worry about that thing.
Ease of install. It' snot like you have to do the whole line up the dots' thing with this timing kit. you just put in the allen wrench and dial in the ammount of advance or retard. Makes it very dummy proof. I've read way to many 'bent my valves' stories over on the other forum, when istalling adjustable timing kits.
The cloyes is infinately adjustable, not just in 1% increments. While the custom cam I'm getting is set for 111+0, I'm getting the cam card, so I know for sure. If it ends up being + 1.5 or something, then I can just adjust it back to what it's supposed to be.BTW, Santa ended up bringing me the following:
- Harmonic balancer + ARP crank bolt
- ARP cam retainer bolts
- Billet valve cover breather (NW TB doesn;t have a PVC connection, so I needed this breather)

:banghead:

LOL, my wife was like: "Most of the stuff was on back order, so I go you these nice socks instead."

Heh, guess it's time to start scorching the cards.

-Chris

I just went online and did some X-Mas shopping for myself:

Patriot Gold Extreme Dual Springs
Melling LS1/LS6 oil pump
Scrogons Dickey Cam install Gasket Set
Arp Assembly Lube (for the fasteners)
Comp Assembly Lube (for the cam)
K&N Recharge kit (for my LPE)
Cloyes Hex Adjust Single Roller timing set. After reading a bit more about it, it looked like it would take a bit of 'massaging' to make the douyble roller work. The single roller is all billet, and loks kick @ss, so I figure it will all be good. (PN 3153A)I still need to get the cam, fuel injectors, rockers, and push rods. I'll just have to wait abit. Nothing says 'Jack-Ass' more than ordering 2k worth of car parts for yourself 3 days after X-Mas. :lildevil:

-Chris

Scotty7751
12-30-07, 12:21 AM
408 Stroker thanks to Tx silver. Maggie to sit pretty on top and B&B exhaust to hug the side of the block. these are the reasons i got no presents.

Twitch
12-30-07, 09:22 AM
Scott, that really IS enough, ya know?:lildevil:

My car just turned one year old on the road and this still happens

Ya walk out the door in the morning trying to remember if you've got your chit together (phone, puter, schedule, keys, etc.) and ya look up and there's the V. I'd swear some mornings that MF'r's actually wagging his tail (if he had one) in excitement that Daddy's come out to play. I just get butterflies thinking bout hittin the leather. Nothing sounds more soothing (or psyches me up for the days opportunities better) in the morning than two or three minutes of warmup while sipping on some go juice before headin' out to the playground.

I just can't help it but there are only two cars I've driven in my life that do this to me. My Impala SS and da V.

I have to park my car in a private lot. I can't walk away w/out looking back several times. Sometimes I'll just stop and look at it for a bit. :worship:
Yeah we deal with some BS,,,but its like having a trophy wife. You put up with some $hit cuz she's a great ride. :bouncy: