: What do you think of this car?

LS1Mike
12-23-07, 01:51 PM
I was toying with the idea of picking it up. I have wiring harnesses, heads, turbo and rotating assembly laying around.
In 1987 780 of these cars were made. Some had leather or even automatic.
Well here it is.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=290193128475&_trksid=p3907.m32

It is on the west coast. I could most likey have it running in a weekend.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-07, 01:55 PM
Well Mike, I know how much you love these old Turbo Dodges, and knowing how rare these are, I'd definitely say go for it. :thumbsup:

Cadillacboy
12-23-07, 01:59 PM
I don't know but it seems to that that car should be as rare as hen's teeth .

LS1Mike
12-23-07, 02:05 PM
It is rare, but most likey only worth about the 750 dollar starting bid.
I used to have #24 for many years, but I sold when I thought I would have to transfer ended up the Navy had me stay here.

The computer to wiring harness is n the passenger kick panel, I have them rot out before, if that is truely all it is that was be a good daily driver as I have a whole 18 lbs of boost setup in the garage, Which is good for low 14's to high 13's in that turd. 800 buck Macoo paint job and a set of 150 buck Shelby decals an it would be a decent car.

Destroyer
12-23-07, 04:50 PM
Sounds like fun BUT the question as to IF that is all that is wrong with it remains. :yup:

DaveSmed
12-23-07, 05:52 PM
Looks sharp, Turbo II, that the Garrett or Mitsu?

LS1Mike
12-23-07, 11:13 PM
Garrett., I don't nessicarly care what is wrong with it. That thing is easy to fix

Spyder
12-24-07, 12:38 PM
I don't care for that car so much but all the other stuff he's got for sale I WANT! Would love to have a '72 Barracuda to go next to my '72 Challenger in the garage! :)

dkozloski
12-24-07, 03:39 PM
I thought that there were two totally different series of these cars. Some were street based with a turbo stuck on and some decals for the posers. The others were tube frame, fiberglass bodied, silouette cars for the track.

LS1Mike
12-24-07, 04:29 PM
I thought that there were two totally different series of these cars. Some were street based with a turbo stuck on and some decals for the posers. The others were tube frame, fiberglass bodied, silouette cars for the track.

Nah all the shelby stuff, minus the 87 Lancer, were almost the same as their counter parts. The 87 Shelby Lancer didn't have forged in internals and to my knowledge was the ONLY turbo Dodge to leave the factory with an intercooler and automatic.

Playdrv4me
12-25-07, 12:25 AM
Since your on the West coast your transport costs wont be that high. If youre really into it thats all that counts. You seem really confident you can get it working so why not.

derrty_deville
12-26-07, 10:59 PM
It has an 86 GLH engine and its missing the Shelby VC. Not worth the money. You can find one fairly easily on their forums. Were it original and complete id say go for it.

Benzilla
12-26-07, 11:34 PM
It's cool in a very '80s way, I like it. Buy it and fix it up! The only reason older cars like this get a bad name is because most people only see the old beaters driving around the projects. Clean '80s cars always stand out to me regardless of make.

Tony_Hanna
12-27-07, 11:51 AM
I'd say have him send you a pic of the floorboards from underneath. Especially the area where the e-brake cable passes through. If no rot, I'd say go for it! If you end up with a case of buyers remorse later, you can always unload it back on ebay or one of the turbo Dodge boards.