: oil pressure light

Aleksus
12-23-07, 01:08 AM
Lately while driving the oil pressure light goes on and the warning sound goes off. When i turn it off and try starting it again it is gone. After a while it goes on again but not always. The pressure gauge is telling me that pressure is fine. The oil level is looking fine. I don't have a CEL .The coolant level is fine. Engine heat is fine. Before i will take off the pan to reach the oil pump i want to replace the oil pressure sensor but i don't know where it located. So can somebody please tell me where is the oil pressure sensor ?

Thank you

Aleksus
12-27-07, 08:40 PM
Nobody knows where it located ??? Oh man :err:

todd2fst4u
12-27-07, 11:45 PM
i'm experiencing the exact same problems right now. it just started doing this the other day.

Resilient
12-28-07, 08:13 AM
I only experienced it when my engine temp exceeded normal temp... the oil get's too 'liquid' and the oil pump run's too fast (vicosity is too low)...

2001CatOwner
12-28-07, 06:27 PM
Its a wire going into the oil pan it has a rectangle-ish black cap on it. By one of the corners can't miss it. BTW you will need some special tool to get it off. Hope that helps. . . I was going to change mine but I got a sinthetic oil change and hasn't happened for a half year now.

Aleksus
12-28-07, 10:58 PM
Thank you. I know that an oil change might help sometimes and i just was going to do this tomorrow. There are a lot of reasons of this issue but i want to start by an oil change and then we'll see...

todd2fst4u
12-29-07, 02:18 AM
let me know if the oil change fixes the problem

Aleksus
12-29-07, 03:57 AM
Sure i will. BTW i use a sinthetic oil too but last time i used a very very cheap oil filter. May be it is dirty already and could be a reason...

Aleksus
01-02-08, 06:14 PM
Ok i changed oil a few days ago. After that, I drove about 100 miles without problems. The oil sign indicated doesn't light up anymore. I hope the problem is gone. Anyhow, when I was changing oil, I noticed a white-greenish plaque that was on the walls right underneath the cap and went downstream I did not notice or see that staff when I changed oil before.
Is it related to the oil indicator sign or not?
Does it mean that probably anti-freeze got into oil tubes??? I hope not
Or is it appearing just from a foaming oil?
I wish everything would be great.