: Northstar Modifications

joezaier56
12-22-07, 10:55 PM
I was curious if any on here would be willing to offer me any info on possible performance modifiactions for the NORTHSTAR engines for mid 90's model Sevilles? I'd really appreciate any and all positive feed back on this, thanks.

urbanski
12-23-07, 09:12 AM
moved to proper forum

Submariner409
12-23-07, 10:29 AM
joezaier56, If you use the search function at the top of the page and surf through the tech tips, this performance forum (for years), and the "past Seville-deVille" threads you'll discover that there are NO meaningful mods or aftermarket support for a mid-90's N*.

GM already did it for you, year to year. The PCM control on these things is very tight, but there might be a small gain for an earlier OBD I unit: Contact AJxtcman, in here, to see if he can help.

Sorry, but other than neon lights and spinners, you're sunk.

msta293412
12-23-07, 10:39 AM
Now calm down subby....If its a 95(obd1) or below, he has a lot of options.....intake and exhaust of course, but the pcm is tuneable, chiping can be standard or custumized to youre mods.(westers).....but yes if you search in the seville forums there are guys that have done alot, and AJxtman, could work wonders for you too......

clarkz71
12-23-07, 10:40 AM
If by mid 90's you mean 95, there IS a performance mod.
93 to 95 Northstar PCM's have a PROM that can be replaced.
Fastchip & Westers Tune both make chips for these cars.
I & a few others on this forum have the fastchip. Dyno proven 15 hp gain and
removal of the speed limiter on vin Y cars.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/clarkz71/Fastchip-1.jpg

CadillacSTS42005
12-24-07, 03:51 PM
a search for this would of rendered more than you could possibly want to know about this...