: Nuance leather smells amazing.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-22-07, 01:34 PM
It is the greatest smelling leather of all time. Better than Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Lincoln, Audi, Acura, Infiniti, etc etc.
Thank you to GM for creating such a fine aroma. :highfive:

Cadillacboy
12-22-07, 02:14 PM
If it smells than a Jag no more word is needed lol

Benzilla
12-22-07, 06:17 PM
Cadillacboy, do you ever proofread your posts? lol.

Anyway I know what you mean. My '96 Deville had it, and it always smelled like a new car. I just could never bring myself to smoke in it. I try not to smoke in any of the Caddies, but sometimes I slip..

Jesda
12-22-07, 06:33 PM
The Q45 had an air freshening unit under the driver seat that made it smell like new leather at any age. Some junkyard cars with their windows and doors in tact still smell new.

77CDV
12-22-07, 07:01 PM
It is the greatest smelling leather of all time. Better than Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Lincoln, Audi, Acura, Infiniti, etc etc.
Thank you to GM for creating such a fine aroma. :highfive:
It is a very rewarding sensory experience! The comfy seats are one of my favorite things on my DTS.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-22-07, 11:28 PM
My seats smell great when it's warm out, especially when it's sunny. It must be something with the sun baking on the leather. Even the '92 deVille, with the cloth seats, had a unique smell. It was good too, but different. And when I got my Roadmaster, there was a sort of a air freshener jammed up in the floor vent. I never got it out, so I could tell what sort of an air freshener it was, but that car always smelled very nice! It was a sort of a strawberry-esque smell. I've smelled it in a few cars since then, but have never been able to find that exact sort of an air freshener anywhere.

96Fleetwood
12-22-07, 11:33 PM
You are lucky! It has taken me 2 months to get the smell of the 92 year old original owner out of my Roadmaster. It took removing all the seats and shampooing the entire carpet areas & trunk!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-22-07, 11:45 PM
lol yeah....the old people smell. Maybe Cadillac made their nuance leather smell so heavily to cover the old people smell. That's another thing about Cadillac's "Nuance" leather....it's a very high quality leather. It's soft, it's plush, it's very nice to the touch, yet it's durable..it holds up well to age. I don't see many Cadillacs with this leather, where it's all torn, cracked or falling apart. You'd see that a fair amount on the older ones, even on the '90s Broughams, but not anymore.

The leather in my car, smells nice and holds up well, but it's quite firm, and I don't mean just the seats. The leather doesn't have any give, because it's stretched very tightly over the seat, but that's done for a reason, it holds up better to time because it's not always moving up and down when someone sits in it. Now I use leather cleaner/conditioner 1-2x a month, and that definitely helps, and I can feel that it's a bit softer after I use it.

ryannel2003
12-23-07, 12:26 AM
Yeah many of our Seville's at work still have the aroma. Too bad my favorite STS smells like an old cigarette... :mad:

dkozloski
12-23-07, 12:31 AM
A local drug dealer got shot and stuffed in the trunk of his Caddy and was there all summer. The car stank so bad it was junked out but all the parts stank so bad they wouldn't sell, even the running gear.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-07, 12:33 AM
What kind of drugs do you sell in Alaska?

77CDV
12-23-07, 12:59 AM
Hot coffee and hot chocolate.

Sandy
12-23-07, 12:33 PM
What does the new "Tehama" smell like ?? It's expensive !

c5 rv
12-23-07, 12:43 PM
Lincoln is playing up the Bridge of Weir leather on the upcoming MKS. I hope it's better then the cheap leather they used in my MKZ.

96Fleetwood
12-23-07, 02:41 PM
My parents have had three cars with Nappa leather, despite being uber soft and strong.. it really has no identifiable smell to it.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-07, 02:43 PM
I want to sit in a S600 just so I can experience the Nappa stuff. The leather that Mercedes uses in their newest CL600 and S600 is amazingly soft and it's a tactile feast, but it's got no smell either.

96Fleetwood
12-23-07, 03:17 PM
I want to sit in a S600 just so I can experience the Nappa stuff. The leather that Mercedes uses in their newest CL600 and S600 is amazingly soft and it's a tactile feast, but it's got no smell either.

They probably had Nappa Leather. I believe all the 600 models and the AMG 55, 63, and 65 models got Nappa.

77CDV
12-23-07, 04:44 PM
No smell at all? None? Too wierd.