: CTS-V Shocks

Fire and Ice
12-21-07, 04:25 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa72/mistuman/D3_NewArtwork_CTSV_Shocks_002.jpg

Washin
12-21-07, 05:38 PM
Good deal. I will take set. Thanks :thumbsup:

2003RC51
12-22-07, 03:21 AM
Anyone know if these will work with ground control?

type911
12-22-07, 01:48 PM
How come so inexpensive. I saw these go for $810 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280184322900&rd=1

thebigjimsho
12-22-07, 02:46 PM
$450.99? Are you sure? For a CTS-V?

Jon
12-22-07, 03:04 PM
How come so inexpensive. I saw these go for $810 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280184322900&rd=1
That's exactly what I was thinking.

PSRmark
12-22-07, 08:51 PM
D3 is currently out of the office for the Holidays...I'll see if I can get an answer on this for you guys...that seems low to me as well.

Fire and Ice
12-22-07, 08:55 PM
If anyone wants to place an order, PM me with your contact information and I'll go into the office in the next day or two to place your orders. Thank you.

Craig

Jon
12-22-07, 09:05 PM
When are we going to see pictures of the D3 CTS-V? Saw some from SEMA, but would like to see official pics from you guys.

Fire and Ice
12-22-07, 10:44 PM
I'll try to post them remotely from home, but it may have to wait until I get back to the office around the new year. I'll get them up as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

Craig

Black Sunshine
12-23-07, 09:59 AM
PM sent. I'll take a set of 4 @ that price, two fronts, two rears IF you answer a few questions satisfactorily. Part numbers? Are these double adjustable?

If you'll notice on the ebay link that those were custom QA1's built to Katech's specs. That should have brought a slight premium but gotta believe someone paid more than just ordering custom direct from QA1.

ZEUSROTTY
12-23-07, 01:23 PM
again... will they work with ground control?

Washin
12-23-07, 01:56 PM
PM sent. I'll take a set of 4 @ that price, two fronts, two rears IF you answer a few questions satisfactorily. Part numbers? Are these double adjustable?

If you'll notice on the ebay link that those were custom QA1's built to Katech's specs. That should have brought a slight premium but gotta believe someone paid more than just ordering custom direct from QA1.

These shocks are 12 way single adjustable. QA1 wants more than $300 a piece. Needless to say I ordered a set as soon as I saw his ad.

Fire and Ice
12-23-07, 01:57 PM

I'm assuming you mean ground control springs. I'll have to call QA1 after the first of the year when they're back from the holidays to verify this. I'll PM you sometime during the first week of the year to let you know. I was told last time I called they'll work with the Eibach springs if this is of any help.

Craig

tweeter81
12-24-07, 01:05 PM
I am very interested in a set @ that price also.

And...I think what is being asked is, will these shocks work with the Ground Control Coil-over Kit (most notably, all the hardware that comes in the kit)? That kit has custom spring mounts and it works with the stock shocks and comes with the Eibach springs.

If that price is accurate, keep up the good work!!! :)

type911
12-27-07, 09:29 AM

Apparently this guy is running them on qa1

[QUOTE=rgd;1279453]Damn, I hate this SH_T! I just spent 30 minutes writing up all I know about the QA! shocks, part numbers etc. And somehow deleted everything by accident while previewing my post.

So now you get the short answer. If you have any Q's PM me i'll try to answer.

I like being able to adjust the shocks. Between that and air pressure I can usually get my car handling right while at the track.
If you get QA1's have them filled with the heavier grade oil.

TC3010P frnt single adj
DTC3010P frnt dbl adj
TC3020P rear single adj
For all I know they could be using a completly different set-up now.

Fire and Ice
12-31-07, 03:53 PM
Everybody please note this is our Introductory Price Rate and available for a limited time! Effective February 1st, 2008 the price for the set of 4 CTS-V shocks will change to $525.00 plus applicable taxes and shipping.

Thank you and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Craig

o3cts
01-02-08, 06:59 PM
Would these mount into the base model cts with no modification needed to install??
I have a 03 cts with ebiach swaybars , and lowering springs with fe1 shock/struts. If these can be bolted in with no modifications sign me up for a set.

Are these better then the fe4's or fg2's .If there was to be a comparison of which shock these resemble would it be the
fe4's or the fg2's or even better ?? Thanks in advance for any info given.

Fire and Ice
01-02-08, 07:21 PM
QA1 shocks are for use with either the CTS of CTS-V. Unless there was a modification to the shocks required for the sway bars, then they should work fine. If your springs will fit the factory shock, then they should work with the QA1. These shocks were developed for the track and will outperform ANY factory shock.

tweeter81
01-03-08, 10:10 AM
Apparently this guy is running them on qa1

[quote=rgd;1279453]Damn, I hate this SH_T! I just spent 30 minutes writing up all I know about the QA! shocks, part numbers etc. And somehow deleted everything by accident while previewing my post.

So now you get the short answer. If you have any Q's PM me i'll try to answer.

I like being able to adjust the shocks. Between that and air pressure I can usually get my car handling right while at the track.
If you get QA1's have them filled with the heavier grade oil.

TC3010P frnt single adj
DTC3010P frnt dbl adj
TC3020P rear single adj
For all I know they could be using a completly different set-up now.

Like type911 said, can we state in our order that we need the heavier grade oil inside the shocks or do we just get what D3 has on the shelves? Depending on the answer, I will probably be placing an order in the next couple of weeks.

Bueller
01-03-08, 03:43 PM
I am also interested in a pair at this price but like above have a few questions. Are there valving options for street/track and full race? Can you choose different dampening oil? Are they servicable like most race shocks and are the replacement parts available from you? Do you sell any of the tools for servicing them? I am new to car suspension but have done many motorcycles. Is this more of a race only shock or is the ride still somewhat streetworthy? Thanks for the all the info.

D3Ceaze
01-03-08, 04:52 PM
hello, I will get you guys an answer shortly! craig is not in today, but I will get you a response in a bit! :)

Dr. Design
01-03-08, 05:28 PM
Hello,
Yes, you can do that. Currently all shocks are provided with an ISO 15 5W oil. If you need something different, please let us know at the time you place your order. It is recommended that you go no heavier than a 10W-15W oil to avoid any cavitation issues. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design

[quote=type911;1341462]Apparently this guy is running them on qa1

Like type911 said, can we state in our order that we need the heavier grade oil inside the shocks or do we just get what D3 has on the shelves? Depending on the answer, I will probably be placing an order in the next couple of weeks.

D3Ceaze
01-03-08, 05:32 PM
there are 15 nationwide certified QA1 shock rebuilders and you would go through them to get them rebuilt, we do not offer tools to service them unfortunately ...let us know if you are interested! thanks!

Fire and Ice
01-04-08, 11:23 AM
I'm back in the office today. Sorry for being absent yesterday.

atdeneve
01-04-08, 11:13 PM
What spring #s would you recommend with 10W and 15W? Does going with a thicker or heavier grade oil translate into a shorter service life for the shocks?

Fire and Ice
01-07-08, 11:54 AM
The spring rate depends on your application. If you intend to drag race, then you'll use a different rate than if you road race. Same goes for a daily driver. A heavier oil should not dramatically reduce the life of your shocks.

atdeneve
01-07-08, 06:11 PM
Well, if you're drag racing, you wouldn't really be going with a higher grade oil (at least in the rear). So for the 10W and 15W I would assume most people are going to being looking for track use.

You don't have any recommendations on specific spring #s for specific shock dampening? First priority being handling. For use on track (road racing) and as a street car. For example, on FG2s, the highest recommended spring was 600/650 (f/r).

Dr. Design
01-07-08, 07:10 PM
The spring rates will vary depending on what kind of ride quality you are willing to accept. 600/650 is a pretty aggressive spring rate for a street car, especially a Cadillac. However if you are willing to bear with the harsh ride, those spring rates would suffice. When we set our racecars up for road courses we typically go into the thousands with our spring rates. For the average consumer you would be well off to go with a 500-600 spring rate. Anything more then that would start to cross the line of something more track oriented. But again if you are doing that kind of driving, then go with the higher spring rates. These shocks will pretty much take whatever you throw at it, as long as it is reasonable. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Well, if you're drag racing, you wouldn't really be going with a higher grade oil (at least in the rear). So for the 10W and 15W I would assume most people are going to being looking for track use.

You don't have any recommendations on specific spring #s for specific shock dampening? First priority being handling. For use on track (road racing) and as a street car. For example, on FG2s, the highest recommended spring was 600/650 (f/r).

Fire and Ice
01-09-08, 02:27 PM
Our special on the QA1 shocks is only valid through January. After which they will go up about $50 for the set.

Bueller
01-10-08, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have these installed with stock springs? This is a street car for me but I will track it occaisonally. I have the GM racing sways and stock springs. Right now it seems like tires are the weak link so far but I'm sure these will help.

Thanks for the info. What would your oil recommendation be? I would guess what they normally come with. Will place my order once I know what to get.

Dr. Design
01-10-08, 05:39 PM
What tires are you currently running?

Does anyone have these installed with stock springs? This is a street car for me but I will track it occaisonally. I have the GM racing sways and stock springs. Right now it seems like tires are the weak link so far but I'm sure these will help.

Thanks for the info. What would your oil recommendation be? I would guess what they normally come with. Will place my order once I know what to get.

Black Sunshine
01-11-08, 07:47 PM
Never received a tracking number after making my order New Years Eve.

Just received a box dropped shipped from QA1. I'm all smiles. But...it feels a little lite for a box to hold four shocks and I can hear boxes sliding around inside)

(opened the box big enough to hold four boxes to find two boxes, one front and one rear shock and an invoice from QA1 for one TC1578B (in a marked box) and one TC3025P (I'm assuming because the box has no labeling whatsoever) paid by D3's Visa card with no mention of a back order or my other two shocks.)

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Fire and Ice
01-11-08, 08:06 PM
We just sent a message to QA1 asking what the deal is. We apologize for this inconvenience and we will get it resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue with QA1.

Washin
01-11-08, 10:47 PM
Never received a tracking number after making my order New Years Eve.

Just received a box dropped shipped from QA1. I'm all smiles. But...it feels a little lite for a box to hold four shocks and I can hear boxes sliding around inside)

(opened the box big enough to hold four boxes to find two boxes, one front and one rear shock and an invoice from QA1 for one TC1578B (in a marked box) and one TC3025P (I'm assuming because the box has no labeling whatsoever) paid by D3's Visa card with no mention of a back order or my other two shocks.)

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: At least you got something.....I ordered mine on December 21st and still haven't received anything, including tracking #. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

PSRmark
01-12-08, 06:17 PM
We were in contact with QA1 yesterday, one order shipped out on the 6th and the other on the 8th, as far as why you only got one of each is not known yet. I can assure you that when we are back in the office first thing Monday morning, we will be resolving this issue.

our apologies from D3

Mark

DILLIGAF
01-13-08, 06:24 PM
Bump

CTS-BV
01-13-08, 09:14 PM
Okay, any new status on these yet?

Hi GENE! It's me, BV.

I am interested in a set too. I would like the heaviest oil they'll offer to fill them with as well. How do I request that?

Also, I read all the responses, but I don't have a clear understanding of what is necessary to use these on a lowered V. If I install Lowering springs like Hotchkiss or Eibach, will these work as is? Will I have to consider this?

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/index.html

Fire and Ice
01-14-08, 12:28 PM
Following up with QA1`this morning. We'll update everyone as soon as we get an answer. Thank you.

Fire and Ice
01-14-08, 02:08 PM
For those who have ordered shocks from D3 already, that issue has been resolved and your parts are being shipped, if they have not already been sent to you. All new sales on QA1 shocks are currently suspended until further notice. Thank you for your patience in this matter while we resolve this issue with QA1.

Washin
01-14-08, 03:52 PM
Came home today to find a box with 2 shocks in it ???? Judging by your last post I would hope that this issue is being resolved and my other 2 shocks are on there way....:banghead:

Fire and Ice
01-14-08, 03:56 PM
Came home today to find a box with 2 shocks in it ???? Judging by your last post I would hope that this issue is being resolved and my other 2 shocks are on there way....:banghead:

Yes, everyone who ordered QA1 shocks from us, your orders have been addressed and QA1 is shipping the 2 other shocks to you. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Black Sunshine
01-14-08, 07:13 PM
I have to be honest. I figured QA1 got my order and went like "Yea, (chuckle, chuckle) like this guy thinks we're gonna send him four shocks for this!?!?!".

I'll post up (and be smiling again) when I get what I paid for.

DILLIGAF
01-14-08, 07:54 PM
For those who have ordered shocks from D3 already, that issue has been resolved and your parts are being shipped, if they have not already been sent to you. All new sales on QA1 shocks are currently suspended until further notice. Thank you for your patience in this matter while we resolve this issue with QA1.
I want to wait untill febuary when the price goes up anyway:Poke:

Black Sunshine
01-15-08, 04:44 AM
SUP!!?!! BV!!! How's it hanging you ol' yankee? Been too long. Should be up that way pretty soon. We should make it a Chicago V day.

Fire and Ice
01-15-08, 11:30 AM
I have to be honest. I figured QA1 got my order and went like "Yea, (chuckle, chuckle) like this guy thinks we're gonna send him four shocks for this!?!?!".

Not to worry, EVERYONE who ordered QA1 shocks from D3 will get their orders in their entirety. We do apologize for the mix up and we will get everyone handled right away. Thank you.

Black Sunshine
01-17-08, 11:27 PM
Beginning day 18 since payment made...........

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Just don't have much patience for someone holding my money. Recently lost $120 for some Stealth V covers on some Bozo in Cali that used to frequesnt this forum.

We gotta tracking number yet?

Fire and Ice
01-18-08, 12:24 PM
We spoke to QA1 on Monday and all the orders are being taken care of. Those of you who ordered QA1 shocks from us and only received one front and one rear shock, the second set is on its way to you now, if you have not already received them. If you like, you can email or PM me your true name and I'll gladly provide you with a tracking number from QA1. Thank you.

DILLIGAF
01-18-08, 01:30 PM
So what about new orders?You offering anything at that price?

Fire and Ice
01-18-08, 02:34 PM
Pricing on all new orders will change. We will repost a new flyer when we have updated pricing. Thank you.

Fire and Ice
01-18-08, 02:46 PM

I PM'd you the tracking number for the second delivery. Thank you again and please email or PM me if you have any questions.

Washin
01-18-08, 03:02 PM
Where is my tracking #????? :banghead:
I PM'd you the tracking number for the second delivery. Thank you again and please email or PM me if you have any questions.

Fire and Ice
01-18-08, 03:09 PM

I need you to PM or email me your real name, especially if you did not order them through me. Thank you.

The Tony Show
01-18-08, 03:15 PM
So what about new orders?You offering anything at that price?

I think it's obvious that D3 accidentally priced these shocks by the pair, not the set. It appears that they're making good with the people who ordered 4 and only got 2, but don't expect the price to be any less than double when they start selling these again.

urbanski
01-18-08, 03:28 PM

if you had read post 48, Fire and Ice politely asked members to PM their REAL NAME to him, which you did not. So please tell me why you are banging your head at the Vendor?

DILLIGAF
01-18-08, 06:05 PM
Pricing on all new orders will change. We will repost a new flyer when we have updated pricing. Thank you.
Cool:)

Fire and Ice
01-18-08, 07:35 PM
Due to a miscommunication error between QA1 and D3, we have had to revise our pricing of the QA1 shock sets. The new correct pricing for the QA1 shocks is now available and posted in the beginning of this thread. As mentioned before, all those who placed their orders already, your orders are being fulfilled at the previously advertised price. Again, we apologize for the mix up in this matter. Please feel free to email or PM me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

DILLIGAF
01-18-08, 07:40 PM
Wow,thats quite a mix up.

SkullV
01-18-08, 08:43 PM
Damn I wish I would have bought a set before the price change! If nothing else I could have sold them for a $500 profit!!!

Washin
01-18-08, 09:15 PM
if you had read post 48, Fire and Ice politely asked members to PM their REAL NAME to him, which you did not. So please tell me why you are banging your head at the Vendor?

I am banging my head because in three days it will be one month since I ordered them and my car is up on jack stands in my garage awaiting my shocks....

thebigjimsho
01-19-08, 01:58 AM
$450.99? Are you sure? For a CTS-V?Guess I shouldn't have sat on an explanation and just bought. Oh well, I like my FG2s anyway. But that would be a nice profit on a re-sell...

urbanski
01-19-08, 05:43 AM
I am banging my head because in three days it will be one month since I ordered them and my car is up on jack stands in my garage awaiting my shocks....

call them?

Fire and Ice
01-21-08, 11:42 AM
call them?

He sent me a PM this weekend. Now that I'm back in the office I've sent an email to QA1 for his shipping and order info and updated Washin as well.

Washin
01-22-08, 12:16 PM
Tracking # ???

Fire and Ice
01-22-08, 12:19 PM
I'm waiting for QA1 to get back to me. I sent them another email first thing this morning.

Fire and Ice
01-22-08, 04:44 PM
I sent you your UPS tracking number. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you again for your business.

Washin
01-22-08, 05:05 PM
We spoke to QA1 on Monday and all the orders are being taken care of. Those of you who ordered QA1 shocks from us and only received one front and one rear shock, the second set is on its way to you now, if you have not already received them. If you like, you can email or PM me your true name and I'll gladly provide you with a tracking number from QA1. Thank you.

Thank you for getting me my tracking number. I just tracked it and it says that the package has yet to be sent out. WTF :crying:

Fire and Ice
01-22-08, 05:40 PM
I was only able to take care of the orders I knew about, which is why I requested EVERYONE who did not get a complete set of 4 shocks to PM me their information so I could take care of their orders. When I spoke to QA1 yesterday morning, I was told they were sending out your order that day. If it has not yet been shipped, I apologize for their delay. Also, most of the orders placed late in December were delayed because of the holidays. D3 and QA1 were closed that last week of December so the orders took a little longer to place. You messaged me you placed the order with D3 on the Friday the 21st. While D3 was closed all that week it is possible your sales rep took down your information so when he got back in the office it could be processed right away. The earliest your order could have been placed with QA1 was Wednesday the 2nd of January. Again, I'm sorry for the delay, but we are getting everyone taken care of as quickly as possible. Thank you again for your business.

Fire and Ice
01-28-08, 04:07 PM
Thank you for getting me my tracking number. I just tracked it and it says that the package has yet to be sent out. WTF :crying:

Per UPS, your package has been delivered. Again, we appreciate your patience while we resolved this matter and if anyone has questions or concerns, please email or call me directly. Thank you.

Washin
01-28-08, 07:16 PM
Just got home and found a package with the remaining 2 shocks in it from my order. Only problem is they are red and look like they are for a different car. :banghead:

Just kidding they look great thank you for following through on a great deal. D3 rocks...:2thumbs:

Fire and Ice
01-29-08, 11:19 AM
You are quite welcome. We hope you get many years of enjoyment out of those shocks. Until next time... :wave:

CTS-BV
02-07-08, 12:10 PM
What is the current price on a set of 4 now?

Fire and Ice
02-07-08, 12:56 PM
Price for a set of 4 is $950.00

trukk
02-11-08, 11:56 AM
I think it's obvious that D3 accidentally priced these shocks by the pair, not the set. It appears that they're making good with the people who ordered 4 and only got 2, but don't expect the price to be any less than double when they start selling these again.

LOL, DING DING DING.

Damn I wished I would have ordered these when I first saw it.

Oh well,

Chris

CTS-BV
02-18-08, 08:13 PM
Price for a set of 4 is $950.00

!!!!!HUUUUH???!!!:eek::eek::mad:

Maybe they were priced in half as mentioned.....:helpless:

Oh, well....If someone ends up not using theirs, I'll be interested.