: Need Some Code Help 02 Seville

Yaemish
12-21-07, 01:19 PM
My car is throwing some codes and I would like to know if they can be ignored or if something needs to be replaced. I am also getting the message "Service Electrical System" but I am unsure of what code is causing this problem.

P1574 - Stoplamp Switch Circuit (my ligts look to be working properly)
U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM
U1016 - Loss of Communications with PCM

I am thinking the electrical are these two
B1327 - Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts (My voltage appears to be normal right now but this code is current)
B1328 - Vehicle system voltage is greater than 15.9 volts

Yaemish
12-21-07, 03:30 PM
I reset my codes, now the T/C light is locked on solid and I have the message to "Service Electrical System" along with these current codes

P1574 - Stoplamp Switch Circuit
B3833 - Window Position Sensor Circuit
C1294 - Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Always Active

Submariner409
12-21-07, 03:46 PM
The 1327 and 1328 look like something which would set after a prolonged crank/no start condition, then a start/battery charge. The U codes sometimes fall in there, too. Funny they didn't come back.

The stop/brake lamp DTC's sound like a hung brake pedal switch.

Disconnect the negative battery cable at the battery, let the car sit for a few hours, reconnect, start and drive normally for a few days, then check the codes.

JimD
12-21-07, 03:47 PM
....I am thinking the electrical are these two
B1327 - Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts (My voltage appears to be normal right now but this code is current)....

B1327 could indicate a failed or failing battery. Your battery voltage has at some point dropped to below 9 volts and at that voltage, various modules become unreliable. Modules operating at less than 9 volts can and will give up false - erroneous codes.

Investigate the condition of the battery as your first step.

Yaemish
12-22-07, 12:25 PM
Should I start with replacing the battery? I think it is still the original. I don't know... it may not be worth it, I may need to buy a new STS because of these "unrepairable" problems :)

JimD
12-22-07, 12:44 PM
Should I start with replacing the battery?At least have it load-tested at Autozone or other parts store. The test will remove the guess-work.
.... I may need to buy a new STS because of these "unrepairable" problems :)The codes you are seeing could all be the result of low voltage and erroneous codes. I have not seen anything reported on your car that is unrepairable.

However, if you are rationalizing buying another car....