: Give thanks @ Christmas

EcSTSatic
12-21-07, 12:16 PM
Whether you are for or against the war, there are men and women who risk sacrificing all because it is their duty. Many can't be at home during this special season. Show them you care if you get the chance:
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php

Semper Fi

CIWS
12-22-07, 03:32 AM
Absolutely ! Lot's of folks are away from their families during this time of year serving our country. Thanks to all those that served, and have served.
:salute:

Submariner409
12-22-07, 10:54 AM
:xsmile: Merry Christmas to all the troops, present and past!!!!

I spent 6 Christmases, out of 24 years' sub duty, 300 + feet underwater. The spirit, friendship and giving are all there too, but it doesn't come close to home and family. We used to make a tree out of sliced green trash bags and coat hanger wire. The IC Electricians strung red, yellow, and green instrument lights all over the thing. Worked pretty well until the artificial trees came on the scene.

AlBundy
12-22-07, 02:22 PM
Absolutely ! Lot's of folks are away from their families during this time of year serving our country. Thanks to all those that served, and have served.
:salute:

:yeah::thumbsup:

sinister1st
12-22-07, 02:50 PM
Much Love and respect to all the troops. Merry xmas and a happy new year.

93DevilleUSMC
12-22-07, 06:23 PM
Whether you are for or against the war, there are men and women who risk sacrificing all because it is their duty. Many can't be at home during this special season. Show them you care if you get the chance:
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php

Semper Fi

Semper Fi, Devil Dog.

JTraik
12-22-07, 06:43 PM
:xsmile: Merry Christmas to all the troops, present and past!!!!

I spent 6 Christmases, out of 24 years' sub duty, 300 + feet underwater. The spirit, friendship and giving are all there too, but it doesn't come close to home and family. We used to make a tree out of sliced green trash bags and coat hanger wire. The IC Electricians strung red, yellow, and green instrument lights all over the thing. Worked pretty well until the artificial trees came on the scene.

I don't know why but that sounds wicked cool.

LS1Mike
12-22-07, 06:58 PM
Good stuff. I missed 2 Christmases in my 11 years. We did have a fake tree by then (submariner 409 you really are crusty!)
We used to decorate with stuff from the Sub or make little ornaments that looked like euipment on the boat.

It sucks to miss the holidays, but your Pals (most of them like blood relatives) always get you through.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those deployed this holiday season.
Thanks for your sacrifice.

Submariner409
12-22-07, 07:21 PM
Mike, Yep, I remember the hand-built torpedoes and propulsion-type ornaments. The trashbagtree was in SKIPJACK (585 boat) back in '63 when we were "The fastest submarine in the world". Spent some time in cold water......you guys did, too.

(Who's the biggest Polack in the world?? ......Stashu Liberty)--- old non-PC sub joke......

Sandy
12-23-07, 11:59 AM
Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year to our troops and thier allies.

Destroyer
12-24-07, 11:34 PM
Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year to our troops and thier allies..................I'd like to extend that to all the innocent Iraqi's that may or may not be with us this time next year as well. Or should I not?. To our troops: hang in there. Hopefully with the upcoming elections we will see some real change. Happy holidays.