: Turning in the V next month/Bought an 08 C6

DarkKnight
12-21-07, 02:51 AM
I picked up an 08 Atomic Metallic Orange Vette for 3500 under sticker today to replace my V which I am turning in as my lease has come to an end.
The Vette drives great and looks fantastic.

I have the V upgrade polished rims, Corsa cat back and LPE cold air kit on my V if anyone in the Phoenix area wants to buy them off me, PM me if you are local and want to discuss it. In three weeks I will turn the car in to the dealer.
Thanks.

rand49er
12-21-07, 07:33 AM
Flyboy's in your area ... and he's loaded.

:alchi:

Nice car, btw.

DarkKnight
12-21-07, 10:57 AM
Flyboy's in your area ... and he's loaded.

Nice car, btw.

Thanks, I like the Vette but it is not as stealthy as the V.
I can leave the items on the car when I turn it in (except the LPE), I just figured someone would like the parts. The car only has 24K on it and it is like new, it is going to be a hell of a buy on the used lot.

onebadcad
12-21-07, 11:24 AM
DK,
Good decision staying with GM. The LS3 is a beast, dyno numbers prove that GM understated the HP, and with a tune, CAI and headers you will make close to 430-440RWHP, which is almost C6Z territory.
Enjoy your C6!

DarkKnight
12-21-07, 12:52 PM
DK,
Good decision staying with GM. The LS3 is a beast, dyno numbers prove that GM understated the HP, and with a tune, CAI and headers you will make close to 430-440RWHP, which is almost C6Z territory.
Enjoy your C6!

Thanks; I am still in the Cadillac family as we have the wife's SRX.
I have heard the same about the LS3 but I will wait a few thousand miles before modding her.
I like it here and I will remain on this forum though as I enjoy the sensibility of most owners here.
Take care

Jon
12-21-07, 01:46 PM
I guess there's no way you'd be willing to ship huh?

I want those polished rims. Do you have extras, or are those your only set?

50 4Ever
12-21-07, 02:11 PM
Did you get the optional exhaust driving the HP to 436? You will love the car.

rand49er
12-21-07, 02:13 PM
... I want those polished rims. ...:tisk: Jon, are you dipping into your Procharger cookie jar?

(j/k Those wheels look really nice on a black V!)

DarkKnight
12-21-07, 05:51 PM
I guess there's no way you'd be willing to ship huh?

I want those polished rims. Do you have extras, or are those your only set?

I do not have extras, swapping with the stockers would have to be part of the deal.
I leased the car with the standard V wheels and then put the optional ones on, so as long as I turn it in with the standard wheels and decent tread is all that matters. I have Nittos on them (wider in the rear) with maybe 8K miles on them. The exhaust is the same situation.
I figured why give them to GM.

DarkKnight
12-21-07, 05:54 PM
Did you get the optional exhaust driving the HP to 436? You will love the car.

It was not on the car but I am going to do my research on aftermarket and if the GM exhaust is the best choice I will put it on.

onebadcad
12-21-07, 11:51 PM
If you dislike your neighbors, go with the B&B Bullets, X-pipe and Kooks headers (the Vararam CAI seems to be worth the $350, too), as it will shake the ground.

Chef
12-22-07, 12:44 AM
Nice...

But I accidentally put a few cabbage leaves on this little biscuit....

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-corvette-zr1.html (http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-corvette-zr1.html)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/x09ch_cr079.jpg

HiTechRV
12-22-07, 12:56 AM
The C6 is a monster. I had a C5 and it was a great, fun loving car. The C6 feels like a weapon when you drive it - it's just stunning. Enjoy. Just watch out for the NEW CTS-V...it might give you a run for your money unless you mod that 'vette.

RobWilson
12-22-07, 02:47 PM
Enjoy the Corvette! They are great cars. I have a C5 and had planned to buy a C6 convertible when I sold my C4 convertible. I bought the CTS-V instead....variety is a good thing. :)

Rob Wilson
'04 Black Raven CTS-V
'03 Medium Spiral Gray Metallic Corvette

DarkKnight
12-22-07, 04:56 PM
The C6 is a monster. I had a C5 and it was a great, fun loving car. The C6 feels like a weapon when you drive it - it's just stunning. Enjoy. Just watch out for the NEW CTS-V...it might give you a run for your money unless you mod that 'vette.

I know the new V will be great, who knows maybe in '09 or '10 I will get one, especially if a coupe is available.

I will most likely do an intake (Verraram), exhaust and tune; I had these three mods on the V and loved them.

DarkKnight
12-22-07, 04:59 PM
Enjoy the Corvette! They are great cars. I have a C5 and had planned to buy a C6 convertible when I sold my C4 convertible. I bought the CTS-V instead....variety is a good thing. :)

Rob Wilson
'04 Black Raven CTS-V
'03 Medium Spiral Gray Metallic Corvette

Thanks, I think variety is great. By the way I love the Vette in Medium Spiral Gray. I was looking at used 03 and 04s in that color.

Jon
12-22-07, 05:03 PM
I do not have extras, swapping with the stockers would have to be part of the deal.
I leased the car with the standard V wheels and then put the optional ones on, so as long as I turn it in with the standard wheels and decent tread is all that matters. I have Nittos on them (wider in the rear) with maybe 8K miles on them. The exhaust is the same situation.
I figured why give them to GM.
Damn, ok, thanks. I don't have an extra set of stockers lying around. :(

DarkKnight
12-22-07, 05:05 PM
The LPE is sold. If there are any Phoenix area Vs that want to switch their Stock exhaust for my Corsa exhaust or their rims with my polished optional V rims, It would be a very cheap way to get these items.
Let me know as I plan to turn the car in early to get it out of my garage.
Take care.

DarkKnight
12-22-07, 05:09 PM
Damn, ok, thanks. I don't have an extra set of stockers lying around. :(
Sorry, they would look great on your black car, that is what mine is.

STAGEUP
12-22-07, 08:37 PM
I got the stock Chromes here in Mesa AZ. I would love the polished ones! What kinda deal you wanna make? Please email me at rcastillo1701@aol.com. Thanks!

STAGEUP
12-22-07, 08:40 PM
Here they are btw...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/stageup/Vstill.jpg

Thanks...