: Help! Problems in DC Area

Hoosier
12-20-07, 09:29 AM
This morning I had major problems getting my 99 Catera to Start. It finally did but the "!" light for the transmission was on. It seemed to be stuck in a high gear. Anyways, I made it to work, turned the car off and started it back up....no "!" light and it seemed to be driving fine.

I'm taking it to a small repair shop this afternoon to get the rear tires replaced and an oil change. Should I tell them to look at any other areas? Or could this all be because of the cold weather? I do park the car outside every night.

Thanks in advance for your help.

10KTGOLD
12-20-07, 09:42 AM
1.Was the snow button pushed? 2.The trandmission runs like that to warm the car up faster. 3.Maf maybe (does it do it in warm temps)? Next time try when you start it to let it run for 5 seconds then shut it off and start it again and see if its better.

passionaterage
12-20-07, 04:58 PM
I'm guessing this is just one of those Catera electrical glitches, and anytime something isn't right I'd just turn it off, take the key out, put it back in, and try starting it again. A lot of times the problem is gone. Every once in a while mine won't start, it will just keep cranking. I take the key out and try again, and it starts fine. And my experience with the tranny light is legendary...lol.(see recent post Tranny light fixed...FINALLY!!)