: Check out this 500hp Civic

70eldo
12-19-07, 06:16 PM
FdijTTxWwWk&NR

parexa
12-19-07, 07:33 PM
Wow thats SICK!!! That 1.4 litre badge made me smile :)

CadillacSTS42005
12-19-07, 08:20 PM
who cares
its still a pos Honda....

LS1Mike
12-19-07, 10:02 PM
who cares
I couldn't agree more. Poop Poop and more poop.

HITMONEY
12-19-07, 11:38 PM
If its fast, has at least 2 wheels, an accelerator and a brake .. I'm in.

I likey! :yup:

CadiJeff
12-20-07, 12:03 AM
who cares
:yeah:
seems like a lot of work for around 150
and even then it still says honda

HITMONEY
12-20-07, 12:18 AM
I'm sure if you bow-tie fanboys were forced to drive a car like that for one hour as fast as you could, you would emerge with a smile you wouldn't be able to hide.

Who cares if it says Honda on the back if it can scare the shit out of you. I don't care if it says KIA on the back, as long as it can hurl me down the road fast enough to make me smile.

eh.. nevermind, carry on... I forgot what forum I am on.

CadiJeff
12-20-07, 12:41 AM
my 94 etc was capable of 140+ and putting a big grin on my face and all with out the hideuos "H" anywhere on the car

Brizzal
12-20-07, 12:44 AM
the engine and turbo are crazy fast! They should have atleast gotten a better looking honda.... civic hatchbacks look like garbage

CadiJeff
12-20-07, 12:44 AM
if that spedo maxed at 240mph I would be impressed but in kph its kinda blah.

70eldo
12-20-07, 03:51 AM
if that spedo maxed at 240mph I would be impressed but in kph its kinda blah.

wow, so many haters. It is still an achievement, regardless the car brand.
Don't poop in their shoes for driving a Honda or any economy car.

Actually, I would never think of going that extreme with any Cadillac. The Hondas are very easy to mod and there's plenty of stuff out there to support your mods.

At the speed the speedo is maxed, it tells me it has no problems reaching or even passing 300 km/h (186 mp/h). That is not blah. Especially in a small car like that (considering the handling).

DaveSmed
12-20-07, 05:25 AM
2002 Firebird, 325 hp, 3495lbs 10.75 lb/hp
2002 Seville, 300hp, 3992lbs 13.31 lb/hp
2007 Exige, 220hp, 2077lbs 9.44 lb/hp
2000 Civic, 500hp, 2359lbs 4.72 lb/hp
Ariel Atom, 300hp, 1005lbs 3.35 lb/hp

Like it or not, your still slower. a LOT slower. ;)
Nothing on that car is overdone except under the hood. Maybe you can't, but I certainly appreciate the engineering it took to accomplish that. Out of all of the cars I listed, it also has the smallest engine.

Sure, there's wilder modded F-bodies, but there's also wilder modded Hondas too (and i'm not referring to the body kit crowd) And FWIW to EQUAL the power/weight ratio of that Honda, an F-body would need roughly 740hp.

As frustrating as it may be, you may just have to face it you would have a brief glimpse of it's taillights before you lose sight of the damn thing for good, unless he lets you catch up that is.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 07:19 AM

Like it or not, your still slower. a LOT slower. ;)
Nothing on that car is overdone except under the hood. Maybe you can't, but I certainly appreciate the engineering it took to accomplish that. Out of all of the cars I listed, it also has the smallest engine.

Sure, there's wilder modded F-bodies, but there's also wilder modded Hondas too (and i'm not referring to the body kit crowd) And FWIW to EQUAL the power/weight ratio of that Honda, an F-body would need roughly 740hp.

As frustrating as it may be, you may just have to face it you would have a brief glimpse of it's taillights before you lose sight of the damn thing for good, unless he lets you catch up that is.

It is still a turd regardless of how fast it is and for every 11 or 10 second Honda out there with a fart can and no interior there are 10 F-bodies doing it with a full interior. Sorry just never got into the whole import car 4cyl going fast crap. I bet for him to make that kind of power he has double in that thing the over 500 HP I make at the wheels in the WS6.
And a 740 F-body is a low 9 second car. The FWD thing is not doing that period.
Get out of the Magazines and get out to the Track

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 08:06 AM

Oh yeah lets take a 500 HP Civic that was like 100 HP stock and compare it to a bunch of bone stock cars, biggest ricer argument, I see it on tons of boards. You make sound like no one mods there shit but this guy with his Civic...
How fast is the top of the line bone stock Civic SI.:helpless::nono:
GTFO...

Cadillacboy
12-20-07, 08:57 AM
Fast & Furious effect
:jerk: lol

parexa
12-20-07, 11:46 AM
That's a great car and by no means riced out. Heh man your just sore cause you drive a ugly F-body wannabe Camaro with like 350? to the wheels and that Civic would poop on you any day any time. You dont like the looks of the car? Get over it jerk.

70eldo
12-20-07, 12:08 PM
We don't need to call names and we don't need to hate.
It is regardless what type brand you play with, it is just the achievement to get that performance out of that car.

Yes, you can do similar to F-bodies and get higher numbers, but that's another ball park anyway. Don't compare a 4cyl compact economy with a V8 F-Body... duh

Plus, do you see or hear this guy dissing other people?

parexa
12-20-07, 12:14 PM
It is regardless what type brand you play with, it is just the achievement to get that performance out of that car.

Couldn't agree more.
Sorry about the flaming, but there are always the same people hating on imports no matter what has been achieved. And they are no true car enthusiasts.

stocker
12-20-07, 12:31 PM
500hp... and the torque is still comparable to my chainsaw.

yellowxhoodie
12-20-07, 12:31 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730443&page=1&pp=20

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/06/civette-honda-civic-with-corvette-ls1.html

Spyder
12-20-07, 12:56 PM
It's ugly, small and makes funny squeaky noises.

But, even being a big block MOPAR guy, I'm sure I'd have a BLAST driving that thing around town blowing the doors off of all the Camaro's and Mustangs that thought they could keep up with me.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 03:39 PM
That's a great car and by no means riced out. Heh man your just sore cause you drive a ugly F-body wannabe Camaro with like 350? to the wheels and that Civic would poop on you any day any time. You dont like the looks of the car? Get over it jerk.

You know absolutely nothing about my car, what kind of power it makes, what gears, or suspension I am running.
Comp Cam 228/230 .571 .591 at 112 LSA
Patriot Stage 2 heads
Mac Headers
Magna Flow Exhaust
LS6 Intake
Mcleod Twin disk Clutch
9 Inch rearend with 4.11 gears
100 Shot of N20
Tubular Lower Control Arms
and some other stuff I am fogetting.
So no I am not affraid of the 500HP Honda with 200 Ft/LBS of torque.
I like certain imports. Civics I am sorry how fast it is with a 4 Cyl never made the list.
Because when you come right down to it that thing isn't going to be your Daily Driver
My car still get 24 MPG on the Highway and is a reliable Daily Driver.

Oh yeah and for the record. I know F-bodies are not the greatest car on the planet, but one thing
is for sure they are a hell of a lot nicer than a Civic.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 03:41 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730443&page=1&pp=20

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/06/civette-honda-civic-with-corvette-ls1.html

That car right there is one of my favorites. Must have taken a long time.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 03:53 PM
Yes, you can do similar to F-bodies and get higher numbers, but that's another ball park anyway. Don't compare a 4cyl compact economy with a V8 F-Body... duh

But you did, the 500 HP Civic to a bone stock F-body.
Just wanted to point that out. :stirpot: ;)

DaveSmed
12-20-07, 04:40 PM
<sigh> that got taken the completely wrong way and started a shit fest.

OK, no more shitfest, what car is better, etc. (the correct answer is what are you using it for?) Discussion.

I compared the cars to not say one is better than the other, but to give some idea of how fast the car is in a relative familiar context. Did you think your stock LS1 4gen was fast? The car your shitting on is much faster. I would consider that respectable. I also would argue the daily driver point, That car in the video appears to have a full interior, running on radials, has tags, and looks roadworthy. I also know that they get decent gas mileage. How it's not worthy as a DD is a mystery to me.

Ok, now thats out of the way, Price. Economies of scale have also made it cheap to make a Honda go fast. Cheap IF you know what your doing and can tune/build on your own. The biggest expense is tuning, as it is with any modified EFI car, and that expense is universal, if your building a wicked quad to if your building a nasty turbo diesel pickup.

As far as the statement for ratio of modded cars in the 10s, it depends on locale. You would be very surprised to see just how many non-riced cars there are putting down some serious power. One major disadvantage to the F-body is a higher price of entry for something decent. (gen3 need not apply) Most people just starting end up with the cheapest they can find, and usually learn what NOT to do to the damn thing (aka they rice the hell out of it) Important thing is, they are budding car enthusiats who cut thier teeth on a Honda, and Hondas are very friendly to work on. (gen4s are most certainly not, I spent enough time under the hood of an LT1 4g to know this)

Look, its like this. I see you have a few imports you like, and dislike, as do myself (Mitsubitshi=crap) But, damn if I cant look at Shep Racing's Talon and be in awe at what he made that little turd do, and the work and engineering they put into it to make it do that. I can't stand someone shitting on something done right just because it's not what they prefer. You go and buy what you prefer. Not assume its the best thing ever created and everything else is crap. That mentality leads me to believe someone only races on days like the GM EFI shootout and hasn't lined up against something different. That LT1 I was driving had some light work done to it, and I saw a friend of mine out driving his swapped NA Honda. F*cker pulled on me anyway (though not by too much, no carlegenths)

Oh and as far as FWD vs RWD.... well, I have never owned a FWD car in my life, I've driven them and didn't particularly like them, but they do manage to make them go fast in PROFWD, so I guess theres some way to make them bite?

EcSTSatic
12-20-07, 04:46 PM
Awesome!

"Only non-Cadillac discussion goes here. Cadillac discussions belong elsewhere."

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 05:05 PM
<sigh> that got taken the completely wrong way and started a shit fest.

OK, no more shitfest, what car is better, etc. (the correct answer is what are you using it for?) Discussion.

Did you think your stock LS1 4gen was fast?
Ok, now thats out of the way, Price. Economies of scale have also made it cheap to make a Honda go fast. Cheap IF you know what your doing and can tune/build on your own.

As far as the statement for ratio of modded cars in the 10s, it depends on locale. You would be very surprised to see just how many non-riced cars there are putting down some serious power. One major disadvantage to the F-body is a higher price of entry for something decent.

Look, its like this. I see you have a few imports you like, and dislike, as do myself (Mitsubitshi=crap) But, damn if I cant look at Shep Racing's Talon and be in awe at what he made that little turd do, and the work and engineering they put into it to make it do that. I can't stand someone shitting on something done right just because it's not what they prefer. You go and buy what you prefer. Not assume its the best thing ever created and everything else is crap. That mentality leads me to believe someone only races on days like the GM EFI shootout and hasn't lined up against something different. That LT1 I was driving had some light work done to it, and I saw a friend of mine out driving his swapped NA Honda. F!er pulled on me anyway (though not by too much, no carlegenths)

No I did not. 13 second 1/4 miles are not fast, but I won't get into that here.

There are far more F-bodies on this planet running 10 second 1/4 miles then there are 4cyl Civics doing it. Plain and simple. I spend too much time at the track and not on GM EFI day...:rolleyes:

I can assure you I know how many there are that are that fast. There are some in Seattle, huge import following out here. Like I said for every Civic that runs 10 or 11 out here there are 10 F-bods doing it. I didn't say all imports.

I crap on the Civic because I don't like it. Plain and simple, just like Import Fan Fu(ks, who crap on GM, Ford, and Mopar stuff because it is Domestic. I am not trying to change anyones mind. I don't want to change mine.

I race Car club Challenge out here, there are two large import clubs.
In my F-body Club there are 7 10 second cars about 15 11 second cars and a slew of 12 second cars that have maybe a 1000 bucks in parts some even less.
To get a civic to run 12's on a 1000 bucks in parts is just about impossible.
With out engine swaps and/or turbos
The have some Fast STI's and EVO's not many fast Civics and if they are they are trailered and break more often then not.

You are looking in the wrong place for F-bodies you can get a Decent LS1 F-body for around 10,000 now parts are cheap.
My Cam was 380 bucks, Valves springs 110, heads were 1500, Intake was 500, N20 kit was was 600, Headers and exhaust were a 1000 bucks. Clutch and rearend were the spendy items coming in at 3100 bucks for both.

Like I said not here to change anyones mind but you are not going to convince me how easy it is to make a FWD run that fast.
I have had 7 2.2 Turbo Dodges the best one running 13's, they used to have a great aftermarket not so much anymore.
I also had a GTP with a bunch done that would touch 13.30. Again FWD.
It just isn't as easy or Cheap then making something like an F-body or Mustang do it.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 05:06 PM
Awesome!

"Only non-Cadillac discussion goes here. Cadillac discussions belong elsewhere."

Yeah! I like this type of stuff.

Night Wolf
12-20-07, 05:14 PM
I used to be all American and dislike imports.... then I got one... and I like it alot.

Truth is, I am a car guy, it really dosn't matter where its from or how it goes... I just like them, I don't mind working on V8's crammed sideways or I4's mounted the right way, Rotarys really intrest me aswell.

I don't like the way that Civic hatchback looks (the car itself), but Honda makes a good car, just as most all other companies.

It's fun to be on both sides of the import/domestic fence :)

Power and speed... it's all realitive. Right now in my driveway I've got a 4cyl import truck that is faster then a V8 GM car.... well, maybe not right now, but about a month ago it was ;)

Anyway, the 500hp Civic is cool, what I like most about it is that its done right, it looks pretty much stock with some wheels on it, I like that.

Lots of engines have potential if given the chance to be played with.... heck, check out what these guys did with the same Isuzu 2.6 120hp putt-putt thats in my truck.....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b9907993-990c-40c5-9838-99c0011130ff.htm

yellowxhoodie
12-20-07, 05:18 PM
hey at least your not the guy with that civette. you knows he getting it from both ends. The die hard chevy guys are reamin him a new one for puttin that motor in a honda, and the die-hard honda guys are ripping on him for ruinin the import with a non import motor. haha.
I just give him props for doing that.
why cant we all just get along and not argue, i think we can all come to the conclusion as car enthusiasts that its a pretty big accomplishment whether you like the car or not.
its takes alot of work, dedication, knowledge, time, etc...to do something like that.

Night Wolf
12-20-07, 05:26 PM
You know what I've really noticed lately?

I like engines and motors.... no matter what they may be.

Example, I like gas engines, I like 4cyl, 6cyl and 8cyl, in I or V form... I like horizontally opposed engines too.... I like air and water cooled engines, diesels are really cool, and like I said, I am interested in rotary engines as well.

but beyond that... electric motors are cool, at work we've got a couple golf carts, standard EZ-go, the thing gets trashed by everyone, and we probably overload it when we tow around our 3,000lbs water cart with it... but it pulls it around just fine.

2 of the fork lifts at work run on LP gas, I think that is pretty neat, the other is a diesel, 1 tug we use to tow planes with is gas, the other is diesel, the other tugs are gas...

Of course turbines are really neat, both turbo fan and the turbo prop, its fun to work on them, alot different then gas engines.

But even air powered.... at work we've got various things like our jacks, compressed gas intenseifiers and even various fuel pumps that simply plug into the hangers compressed air source and run off compressed air.... to me, that is just cool.

But... despite all that, every single one of them intrests me... I guess I am weird like that from air powered fuel pumps to jet aircraft engines... I just like it all.

yellowxhoodie
12-20-07, 05:29 PM
^I second that
if your a true gearhead than an engines an engine.
sure. you might have your personal preference but you should at least have a little liking for all of them.

DaveSmed
12-20-07, 05:29 PM
No I did not. 13 second 1/4 miles are not fast, but I won't get into that here.

There are far more F-bodies on this planet running 10 second 1/4 miles then there are 4cyl Civics doing it. Plain and simple. I spend too much time at the track and not on GM EFI day...:rolleyes:

I can assure you I know how many there are that are that fast. There are some in Seattle, huge import following out here. Like I said for every Civic that runs 10 or 11 out here there are 10 F-bods doing it. I didn't say all imports.

I crap on the Civic because I don't like it. Plain and simple, just like Import Fan Fu(ks, who crap on GM, Ford, and Mopar stuff because it is Domestic. I am not trying to change anyones mind. I don't want to change mine.

I race Car club Challenge out here, there are two large import clubs.
In my F-body Club there are 7 10 second cars about 15 11 second cars and a slew of 12 second cars that have maybe a 1000 bucks in parts some even less.
To get a civic to run 12's on a 1000 bucks in parts is just about impossible.
With out engine swaps and/or turbos
The have some Fast STI's and EVO's not many fast Civics and if they are they are trailered and break more often then not.

You are looking in the wrong place for F-bodies you can get a Decent LS1 F-body for around 10,000 now parts are cheap.
My Cam was 380 bucks, Valves springs 110, heads were 1500, Intake was 500, N20 kit was was 600, Headers and exhaust were a 1000 bucks. Clutch and rearend were the spendy items coming in at 3100 bucks for both.

Like I said not here to change anyones mind but you are not going to convince me how easy it is to make a FWD run that fast.
I have had 7 2.2 Turbo Dodges the best one running 13's, they used to have a great aftermarket not so much anymore.
I also had a GTP with a bunch done that would touch 13.30. Again FWD.
It just isn't as easy or Cheap then making something like an F-body or Mustang do it.

The planet is quite a big place, and F-bodies (hell Domestics period) for some reason are not all that popular anywhere but here. I would argue this, but no way to prove anything one way or another.

Fair enough, you are more than entitled to not like it. To call it crap however, isn't exactly fair. Its the very same thing around this forum with the lowrider crowd. I honestly don't understand how that level of skill and workmanship (not to mention dollars) applied to making thier car the way they like it can be called ruining the car. They didn't break in and do it to your car, whats the problem?

Without engine swaps and turbos caught my eye..... Why not? Those two methods are THE most cost effective way of getting power out of the car. The engines that came in the cars, while well suited to what they were built for (and are indeed built pretty strong) are not optimal performance platforms. If this is an argument, lets compare to a stock engined Cavalier.

You can also get Hondas, swaps, and gears fairly cheap. Cams, nitrous, and other aftermarket stuff usually hovers around the same price unless your car requires something real odd, or isn't a popular car to build.

As far as FWD, I have had a hand in building more than a few of them. They certainly did go fast, and a Torsen style diff driving the front wheels is a hell of an experience. If messed with some turbo Dodges, (nothing too wild) and a S/C Rivera and Bonneville, But never really did get too much into it myself. I had MUCH more fun working on a turbo Thunderbird. Decent platform, Decent aftermarket, easiest thing in the world to work on with tons of room in the engine bay, and it responded extremely well to modification. Many people rip out the 2.3 and plop a 5.0 in its place. Not sure why, as the 4 banger got sweet gas mileage, and put out some decent power (at the price of premium fuel)

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 05:39 PM
I think some of you are missing my point.
There are plenty of GM motors that come to mind I don't like. Just like there are Import motors I respect.
However if you want to go fast easily and reliably, you should skip the Civic, If you have to have an Import to do it.
Get an EVO, WRX, STI, AWD Eclipse, 3000 GT, RX-7, or any European Import that you think you can do it. (I am sure I am missing some shit.)
But starting with a base model Civic is counterproductive. You will have to do something to that the Motor (a lot) just hit 14 second 1/4 miles.
That doesn't include brakes or suspension. I am looking at the whole package here.
That would be like me buying a V6 F-body to save a few bucks then ripping out the motor to put a V8 in it.
Sure the Civic is fast, sure he put sometime into it but,
A turd that is fast, is just that A fast turd, just like any of the Turbo Dodges I had they moved good for there time, but were nothing to write home about.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 05:44 PM
The planet is quite a big place, and F-bodies (hell Domestics period) for some reason are not all that popular anywhere but here. I would argue this, but no way to prove anything one way or another.

Domestic stuff is popular elsewhere, look at the Middle east, China, Austraila.
GM and Ford sell tons of cars in those places with the same drivetrains.
You can look at sale numbers for those countries.
China is second to US in demand for the Amount of cars wanted.
I was in Japan in the Navy, they LOVE american cars, but can't afford them becuase of the taxes levelied on them.
I remeber talking to a guy there who spent 60,000 bucks to get an F-body in Crounty, that is why they are not popular there.
Europeans don't like them because they can't affored the gas.

yellowxhoodie
12-20-07, 05:58 PM
well. that one guy had a civic and a corvette laying around so technically, he didnt really have to buy anything.
LS1Mike, we should just get this guys number and you and him can settle this on the strip, haha.

Tony_Hanna
12-20-07, 06:01 PM
...I have had 7 2.2 Turbo Dodges the best one running 13's, they used to have a great aftermarket not so much anymore....

If messed with some turbo Dodges, (nothing too wild)...

Nice to see some others with turbo Dodge experience here.:thumbsup:
I love those cars mainly because nobody expects them to be fast.:)

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 06:05 PM
Nice to see some others with turbo Dodge experience here.:thumbsup:
I love those cars mainly because nobody expects them to be fast.:)

Yeah they are a hoot! To bad there are not many left :(...They sure were turdy but fun.

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 06:07 PM
LS1Mike, we should just get this guys number and you and him can settle this on the strip, haha.

I would too, because I willing to bet it moves out on the street from a roll quite well, but when he goes to hook up at the track, snap or he can't
No way he is cutting 1.5 to 1.7 60 foot times like I am unless he has like 3000 grand in axles and tranny.

DaveSmed
12-20-07, 06:08 PM
Really, I have heard differently about Japan, specifically regarding Corvette imports. I did know they outrageously tax anything not made there though, and the RHD vs LHD thing is a nuisance. Australia does have excellent taste in cars, I must admit. To be fair though, those are "domestics" in that other than the brands owned by the big three, I personally am not familiar with other domestically made Aussie brand cars.

Since you have been in Japan, you know a lot of the cars sold here have completely different personalities than their Japanese counterparts, namely the Civic Type R, which is the very engine that gets most commonly swapped into Civics sold in the US. The CTR clones running around, in my opinion, aren't half bad cars at all. Decent suspension, light weight, and an excellent engine. (Honda DOES build a hell of an engine. VTEC is a hell of a gadget, and they build them strong with block girdles and what not) Not a bad combo at all, if not for the plain brown wrapper it's in.

As far as the imports you like, funny thing is you mentioned a few I personally am not real fond of. Namely the 3000GT even though my friend loves the things and owns two, incl a VR-4TT. And the RX-7... something that needs to be rebuilt every 75k it seems. (at least rebuilding it is easy, but parts for those damn things... $ouch$)

I suppose it is to each their own. The funny part is, I'm a domestic guy at heart. Though that little old BMW did really grow on me.

Tony_Hanna
12-20-07, 06:20 PM
Yeah they are a hoot! To bad there are not many left :(...They sure were turdy but fun.

They're not to scarce around here yet, but it's getting harder to find them in decent shape. I need to get my Sundance in the garage and get started on it before it rusts down sitting in the yard. I'm having boost withdrawal bad enough that I've been considering building an STS style remote mount system for the Eldo.:banghead:

LS1Mike
12-20-07, 07:05 PM
Man I look for them all the time. I went and looked at a GLH, it was rough, I almost got it but looked under the car after sitting it. All the floorboards were rotten...:(

Fire and Ice
12-20-07, 07:16 PM
Very Angry Civic...

70eldo
12-20-07, 08:17 PM
But you did, the 500 HP Civic to a bone stock F-body.
Just wanted to point that out. :stirpot: ;)

Sorry, wasn't me posting that list. I just pointed out to this vid...:duck:

Tony_Hanna
12-20-07, 08:20 PM
Man I look for them all the time. I went and looked at a GLH, it was rough, I almost got it but looked under the car after sitting it. All the floorboards were rotten...:(

Yeah, the Sundance was starting to rot around where the e-brake cable goes through the floor. Luckily I got the rot cut out and new metal welded in and sealed up before it got out of hand. The Spirit R/T on the other hand is pretty far gone. If I keep it, I'll probably try to find a clean base model Spirit and build a clone. Or maybe combine the two projects into one and build a Sundance R/T...;)