: Rant: South Florida drivers

SlxAlxx
12-19-07, 01:31 AM
To bring those of you not familiar with this famous area up to speed: Hot, lots of old farts, morons, fake tits, botox parties, palm trees, etc. What a wonderful melting pot. It's a whole other ballgame when that melting pot spills out onto the roadways. Let me first say, I love, respect and revere the elderly. Just not when they're driving, in a grocery store, or in charge of a condo association. As some of you may or may not know (see threads "Another one bites the dust" and/or "How long will it last?"), I'm not in the best shape right now. After having a fair share of health issues, I can sympathize with those that have them. Sure, it's bad that you can't pee anymore, digest food and be able to see three feet in front of yourself. That makes me wonder why would you get into your Camry with a simcon top and spoiler and head out to Walgreens or Stein-Mart and endanger poor, innocent drivers such as myself? I know it's about a sense of freedom but come on already. You should lose that freedom when no one can see your head over the headrest. I hit my head with such force on my steering wheel while braking for an old battleaxe that pulled out 30 feet in front of me while going 50mph, that my eyes are still rolling around. Not only that, but I left one hell of a mark on the plastic thingy on the center of my steering wheel. I have had to make such grand use of my horn that it has since burned out. I now have my rear bumper adorned with the sticker, "HORN BROKEN. WATCH FOR FINGER." While this may not become a 1984 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, it's still a big, triple white turd. My headache is still running its course, so please, feel free to elaborate on what I've written.

Brizzal
12-19-07, 01:57 AM
i agree 100% it happens ALL the time in West Palm, its the question how the hell do you not see a BIG cadillac coming at you? a Deville is not a small car....either its a fleetwood brougham, yet people act like they are toyota camrys.. Thats where my favorite mod came to play....the train horn, ive used it many times, its freaks the hell out of people that pull infront of me. Maybe next time they will think twice about pulling out infront of someone with a cadillac......idiots :thepan:

dkozloski
12-19-07, 02:34 AM
You guys are like Al Qaeda. You hate old Jewish people so much you've lost focus on the big picture which is to pay attention to driving your car defensively in traffic. LOL

SlxAlxx
12-19-07, 10:37 AM
You guys are like Al Qaeda. You hate old Jewish people so much you've lost focus on the big picture which is to pay attention to driving your car defensively in traffic. LOL

Unless you can fly your car over the traffic, I don't see how you can always drive defensively. If all lanes are full, cars are in front and behind you, and this happens, tell me, what would you do? Hit them? Also, what makes you think that we hate old Jews? Why Jews in particular? Where in any bit of my story did I say I hate them?

dkozloski
12-19-07, 10:54 AM
Relax and take a strain. At least when they hit you they have insurance. Around here they're all indigent.

malcolm
12-19-07, 11:17 AM
Ah, yes, God's waiting room. aka Home of the newly weds and nearly deads.

HITMONEY
12-19-07, 05:57 PM
Yes much of florida is as described, I have a condo in St. Pete Beach and come around March its like a geriatric ward on the roads, but since I've moved to Miami I would GLADY trade the AARP gang for the whackos on the road here. At least the grey hairs have car insurance if they slam into you and can communicate in english.

The first rule to Miami driving i tell everyone is that a red light means a minimum of 3 more cars will traverse the intersection at high speed. A yellow light means nothing, nadda... they don't even floor it. You must consider the first 25% of a green light as a red.

Consider getting cut off as a way of life.

Brizzal
12-20-07, 12:58 AM
Yes much of florida is as described, I have a condo in St. Pete Beach and come around March its like a geriatric ward on the roads, but since I've moved to Miami I would GLADY trade the AARP gang for the whackos on the road here. At least the grey hairs have car insurance if they slam into you and can communicate in english.

The first rule to Miami driving i tell everyone is that a red light means a minimum of 3 more cars will traverse the intersection at high speed. A yellow light means nothing, nadda... they don't even floor it. You must consider the first 25% of a green light as a red.

Consider getting cut off as a way of life.

Someone has been living in florida wayyyy too long... lol
the best part is that cops dont even pull over red light runners anymore

gdwriter
12-20-07, 02:30 AM
I've traveled throughout most of the U.S., and I've managed to drive in Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago among other places unscathed, but I'm somewhat proud of the fact that I've never set foot in Florida. No offense intended toward any Floridians who love it, but to me it sounds like Hell, only with worse drivers and more humidity.

SlxAlxx
12-20-07, 12:02 PM
I've traveled throughout most of the U.S., and I've managed to drive in Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago among other places unscathed, but I'm somewhat proud of the fact that I've never set foot in Florida. No offense intended toward any Floridians who love it, but to me it sounds like Hell, only with worse drivers and more humidity.

I live in Florida and am far from loving it. You hit the nail right on the head.

stocker
12-20-07, 12:22 PM
I had to drive to Orlando a couple summers ago in a work van from NY in the middle of July. Driving through Jacksonville was one of the most insane driving experiences of my life. I had tractor trailers on my ass flashing me to get out of the way while I was doing 85mph, there was no slow traffic and construction zones with no shoulders was apparently non-existent to everybody.... I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! Felt like I was in a race with the E-350... only problem was that I had NY tags, probably didn't help. But hey I made it to the space station in about 18 hours, only stopped for gas.

dkozloski
12-20-07, 01:59 PM
I've driven in the Orlando area and didn't find it out of the norm. In fact compared to California it was tame. The wildest drive I've encountered is west out of Denver, Colorado down that canyon. It's like driving in a concrete bobsled run with Jersey barrier on both sides and your tires are at the limits of adhesion on every corner. If there is a collision it's like the "Big One" at Talladega. Nobody can stop and there's nowhere to go.