: Why Carbon ,Aluminum Trim is Considered in Super Sports ?

Cadillacboy
12-18-07, 03:22 PM
I always prefer wood trims over carbon/aluminum trims and other sorta ones regardless of the vehicle .I notice super sport cars use aluminum or carbon trims over wood trims .So, they think their cars to be more sportier and carbon makes a car more sportive . :doh:
Example : Mercedes SLR,Audi S Line,BMW M Series
I can't understand how a carbon is more sportive item by any means w/ a wood dash trim your car doesn't go slower .
In a nutshell, trim has nothing to do with the car going faster or slower .
Wood trim looks so beautiful and upgrades the way your car looks and so hot !

gary88
12-18-07, 03:31 PM
You don't find wood trim in race cars.

I love tons of wood in a luxury car, but in a sports car I like to get away from all that.

EcSTSatic
12-18-07, 03:33 PM
I don't relate wood with "hot". Luxurious, elegant, but not hot

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-18-07, 03:55 PM
I'm a big fan of wood trim in cars, especially burled walnut. But I do agree that wood trim, unless it's stained black or very dark grey, does not belong in "super sport" cars. But I give props to AMG and The M division for offering wood and carbon fiber or wood and aluminium trim and giving the customer the choice.

RunningOnEMT
12-18-07, 03:59 PM
GYAR... i cant stand it anymore

so hard to read

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/ingram/books/9781593630416.jpg

concorso
12-18-07, 05:00 PM
^^^whut?

RunningOnEMT
12-18-07, 05:12 PM
^^^whut?

sorry, having a hard time reading sentences like

I can't understand how a carbon is more sportive item by any means w/ a wood dash trim your car doesn't go slower .

and not saying something about misused words and improperly divided thoughs.

Spyder
12-18-07, 05:51 PM
What are "thoughs"? And "sorry," isn't the best way to start a sentence, is it? I mean, the best grammatically correct way to begin a sentence.

:D

gary88
12-18-07, 06:38 PM
Sorry, I am having a hard time reading sentences like this:

and not saying something about misused words and improperly divided thoughs. (Fragment, consider revising)

Fixed for errors

:D

Adam
12-19-07, 04:27 AM
Is this the 60s? Wood trim in sport cars? Wood trim does not look good in sport cars. It doesn't go in to make it "faster". Its the look. Nothing else. Woodtrim looks horrible in sport cars and doesn't go with the look of the vehicle. Sport cars are based off of their track brethren which have no luxury options in them at all.