: First Time Caddy Owner

NOT ON MY WATCH
12-18-07, 03:10 PM
Hey, guys and gals.

I've only owned Toyotas all my life - except for a brief period of time where I owned a couple Corvairs. None of those cars ever let me down and I had lots of fun adventures in all of them.

However, for some time I've been wanting to replace my daily driver - a 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner XtraCab V6 TRD - because it only holds one other adult passenger, and it isn't exactly easy on the bones.

So...after months and months of research, I finally decided on my new daily driver - a 2008 CTS DI FE2 Premium Luxury Package - and I picked it up on Friday 12/15!!! :bigD:

Colors are Platinum exterior with Light Titanium interior.

Thanks to all of you for your posts and pictures - that helped me make up my mind.

Favorite things

Handling. This car handles like a dream on roads and on the freeways. I am not pushing the engine revs until I get more than 500 miles on the odometer, so for now I am just enjoying the sweet moves this car makes.

NAV. I live in SoCal and in just the few days I've owned the car, the traffic and accident notification and rerouting has helped me.

HDD. I've already loaded about 20 CDs on the HDD and am loading at least 1 CD each time I get in the car. The low sampling rate isn't exactly thrilling, but at low to moderate volume levels it's adequate - and for the sheer enjoyment of having a giant jukebox of my favorite music - it can't be beat!

Looks. This is one fine looking car - not too flashy - not too conservative. I and everyone else I know loves it.

Cooled seats - my wife can stay warm and toasty on her side and I can keep cool without having any vents blowing directly at us from the dash.

Dislikes

Front cup holder already malfunctioned - the front end sticks after you push down and then you have to push the back end down to get it to actually open. I'm confident this is a minor thing the dealer will take care of when I bring it in.

No front sensors. I will consider myself very lucky if I don't smack the front end of this thing on a parking lot wart or bump into a wall one of these days. I'm used to having 12 inches of ground clearance and seeing the end of my hood, so I have to really be conscious about parking.

No bluetooth. Very annoying, GM. The integrated phone is nice, but everyone else has bluetooth and so should the 2008 CTS.

No backup camera. I live near an elementary school and don't want to run over any little rascals. Really, I don't.

Those dislikes are relatively minor in the context of a total winner of a car!

I plan on keeping the CTS for at least 12 years (which is why I purchased versus leased, plus I went with a 7 yr bumper to bumper extended warranty).

This vehicle is going to be a blast on road trips!

Cadillacboy
12-18-07, 03:24 PM
Welcome !
Congrats and enjoy your new ride !

:highfive:

AMGoff
12-18-07, 03:32 PM
Fantastic! Congrats and Welcome to the light(er) side...

The General went above and beyond with the new CTS, I'm genuinely impressed with it. Although I'd have to be honest, with exception of the cupholder, none of your other dislikes would have even registered with me.

Brizzal
12-18-07, 05:28 PM
Fantastic! Congrats and Welcome to the light(er) side...

The General went above and beyond with the new CTS, I'm genuinely impressed with it. Although I'd have to be honest, with exception of the cupholder, none of your other dislikes would have even registered with me.

same here, an awsome car! 08 cts FTW! :thumbsup:

CadillacSTS42005
12-19-07, 03:15 AM
welcome!