: What are you getting your significant other?.

Destroyer
12-18-07, 12:22 AM
I need ideas what to get the wife. I know she likes jewelry but damnit I dont know what jewelry to get and if she would like it. What are you guys getting the wives/girlfriends?. Last year I got her this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lpRGpWtbmLg . This year I want to get her something on top of that. Lets get some ideas rolling.:cool2:

Florian
12-18-07, 12:50 AM
a diaphragm and/or buttplug

F

RightTurn
12-18-07, 12:52 AM
I don't know how you're going to top last year. :alchi: Gives new meaning to "unwrapping the package."

AMGoff
12-18-07, 12:52 AM
Well... this year I'm surprising the wife with a new vanity in our bathroom, Phillies season tickets (and yes, they are for her), a tanzanite/diamond tennis bracelet, and I had all of her family photos restored and printed into a hard-bound volume.

Sinister Angel
12-18-07, 01:41 AM
A divorce

Florian
12-18-07, 01:46 AM
A divorce

...welcome to the club!:welcome:

F

Spyder
12-18-07, 02:33 AM
Well... this year I'm surprising the wife with a new vanity in our bathroom, Phillies season tickets (and yes, they are for her), a tanzanite/diamond tennis bracelet, and I had all of her family photos restored and printed into a hard-bound volume.

Family photo idea is awesome. I like it!
We're planning a trip somewhere...not sure where yet, but we have some ideas, one of them sounds INCREDIBLE but I've been warned not to get my hopes up too much yet. :) She's also getting a fishing license and some new fishing gear, a couple of movies she wants on DVD...and a few other ideas I'm still developing.

dmarlow
12-18-07, 02:51 AM
Reset her 1.56 ct diamond on a platinum band, 1k................added an addition/upgrades to the home, 75k.................What more can a she ask for?????????????????

Spyder
12-18-07, 03:23 AM
Hmmmm....new car, bigger diamond, cash, pearls...

Night Wolf
12-18-07, 07:44 AM
Why don't you hand write her a letter telling her how much you love her and how much she means to you then take her out to dinner at a nice romantic Italian restaruant, then afterwords a horse-drawn carriage ride in the moon light :).

Destroyer
12-18-07, 08:29 AM
Why don't you hand write her a letter telling her how much you love her and how much she means to you then take her out to dinner at a nice romantic Italian restaruant, then afterwords a horse-drawn carriage ride in the moon light :).Telling her she means half my assets aint all that romantic. I was thinking of many adding a dual exhaust on her Mark VIII since she loves the way the Cobra sounds.

EcSTSatic
12-18-07, 09:18 AM
I bought another knife for her Wusthof chef set that I got her last year. A new jewelry box that she wanted, a recumbent exercise bike and a day at a spa.

Some ideas in an old song.

Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree,
For me.
been an awful good girl,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, a 54 convertible too,
Light blue.
I'll wait up for you dear,

Think of all the fun I've missed,
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed,
Next year I could be just as good,
If you'll check off my Christmas list,

Santa baby, I wanna yacht,
And really that's not a lot,
Been an angel all year,

Santa honey, there's one thing I really do need,
The deed
To a platinum mine,
Santa honey, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex,
And checks.
Sign your 'X' on the line,
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

Come and trim my Christmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's,
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me,

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing,
A ring.
I don't mean on the phone,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight,
Hurry down the chimney tonight,
Hurry, tonight.

EcSTSatic
12-18-07, 09:49 AM
Funny that this came up. I ordered the recumbent exercise cycle from Fit Supplies (http://www.fitsupplies.com/default.aspx) on 12/7. I've been asking what the status of the order is. They never gave me a tracking number. Finally I get 2 separate responses from NetRush who must process the orders: One says it is back ordered a month, the other note says my order was canceled.
My response was "when were you going to tell me this?!" I told them it was a fine way to do business at Christmas! I doubt they will try to make it right but we'll see.

Moral of the story: If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Or; check your order status early and often

c5 rv
12-18-07, 01:27 PM
I got my wife a Wii. She's been bugging me to get her a computer game, but due to her brain injury she needs something that uses large muscle motions, not moving a mouse. My daughter is a manager at Target, so she purchased it for me. I set it up in my office to make sure everything works. I'll set it up on the 50" TV on Christmas Eve and giftwrap the controller.

96Fleetwood
12-18-07, 01:49 PM
A $$$$ enagement ring. Planning on giving it to her for Xmas (along with other gifts). Wish me luck! :highfive:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-18-07, 02:19 PM
Do what they say in the commericals and buy her a Lexus.

AMGoff
12-18-07, 03:13 PM
We're planning a trip somewhere...not sure where yet, but we have some ideas, one of them sounds INCREDIBLE but I've been warned not to get my hopes up too much yet. :)

I'm working on it, I'm working on it... did you get my last pm?

Why don't you hand write her a letter telling her how much you love her and how much she means to you then take her out to dinner at a nice romantic Italian restaruant, then afterwords a horse-drawn carriage ride in the moon light :).

Then you can tell her gay and proceed to introduce her to you "friend," Antonio....

Telling her she means half my assets aint all that romantic. I was thinking of many adding a dual exhaust on her Mark VIII since she loves the way the Cobra sounds.

RMFAO... I damn near spit my coffee out on that one....

Anyway, there's actually nothing wrong with the exhaust idea as long as it's something she'd really like... My wife is a hardcore Phillies fan, so I was more than happy to get the season tickets for the upcoming year.. the best gifts are the ones you both can enjoy.

Funny that this came up. I ordered the recumbent exercise cycle from Fit Supplies (http://www.fitsupplies.com/default.aspx) on 12/7. I've been asking what the status of the order is. They never gave me a tracking number. Finally I get 2 separate responses from NetRush who must process the orders: One says it is back ordered a month, the other note says my order was canceled.
My response was "when were you going to tell me this?!" I told them it was a fine way to do business at Christmas! I doubt they will try to make it right but we'll see.

Moral of the story: If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Or; check your order status early and often

Oh God... I hope that's something she said she really wants and has said she wanted, else you're giving her a big old box with "You're Fat" written all over it! All I know is I'd be sleeping on the couch Christmas night for that one.

A $$$$ enagement ring. Planning on giving it to her for Xmas (along with other gifts). Wish me luck! :highfive:

Congratulations... it's the best and worst thing you could possibly ever do to yourself! Just messin'... at least you've done the right thing and have waited 'til you're a little bit older, statistically you're playing less of a crap shoot that way. Let us know how it all works out!

Do what they say in the commericals and buy her a Lexus.

If you weren't a thousand miles away, I'd smack you for that comment... :thepan:

ewill3rd
12-18-07, 03:21 PM
$200 cash money to spend on clothing any way she likes. I did something similar last year and she was happy as a lark.
She gave me money to go spend on whatever I wanted. Kind of goofy I know she give me money, I give her money... but hey we both get what we want and you just tell yourself that it is from the other person, its all good.
:D
I need to get her something else though.

EcSTSatic
12-18-07, 03:29 PM
Oh God... I hope that's something she said she really wants and has said she wanted, else you're giving her a big old box with "You're Fat" written all over it! All I know is I'd be sleeping on the couch Christmas night for that one.

Good lesson there for all of us. I learned in our first year when I got her a vacuum cleaner. LOL Why can women get men tools but not vice versa?
She really wants an exercycle

edit: "Her", not "here"

96Fleetwood
12-18-07, 03:33 PM
Congratulations... it's the best and worst thing you could possibly ever do to yourself! Just messin'... at least you've done the right thing and have waited 'til you're a little bit older, statistically you're playing less of a crap shoot that way. Let us know how it all works out!

She and I had to finish med school first, that was the key ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-18-07, 03:52 PM
Then you can tell her gay and proceed to introduce her to you "friend," Antonio....

Or your friend Chad, who will proceed to PIIHB to his heart's content.

AMGoff
12-18-07, 04:21 PM
Good lesson there for all of us. I learned in our first year when I got her a vacuum cleaner. LOL Why can women get men tools but not vice versa?
She really wants an exercycle

edit: "Her", not "here"

Okay, that's good then... It's because in general, many women separate their "needs" and their "wants" when it comes to gifts. Their "needs" should be provided for, for no particular reason - however, gifts should only satisfy their "wants." Men on the other hand, at least myself, don't really differentiate wants and needs... if I need something, like some new tools or what have you, I'm more than happy to receive them as a gift.

She and I had to finish med school first, that was the key ;)

Fantastic! You're got the right gameplan... The wife and I specifically waited until we were finished out undergrads, however even though we both knew we wanted to go on to do our post-grads we knew that - A.)It would be easier for us to have each other there while doing so, and B.)We really didn't want to wait. In hindsight, we both admit that we were way too young doing so right out of college, but that thus far we've been really lucky... it could have turned out much worse than it has.

Either way, I'm really happy for you! I hope things turn out as good, if not even better for the two of you as they have for us!

As I've made mention to before... when you find the one, everything just works...

Or your friend Chad, who will proceed to PIIHB to his heart's content.

Wait.... wait... just to clear things up, are you the pitcher or the catcher?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-18-07, 04:36 PM
Wait.... wait... just to clear things up, are you the pitcher or the catcher?

Oh **** you lol! Wow, I did not realize how easily that sentence could be misconstrued. LOL!

malcolm
12-18-07, 05:10 PM
Slippers and a dildo

Spyder
12-18-07, 05:48 PM
AMG, yea, I got the pm. I'm waiting till Wednesday afternoon to start reminding you to ask the S-I-L on thursday. :D:):D

Destroyer
12-18-07, 09:57 PM
A $$$$ enagement ring. Planning on giving it to her for Xmas (along with other gifts). Wish me luck! :highfive: I'd rather get hit by a bus than get married again but that's me. Good luck and congrats!.

malcolm
12-18-07, 10:05 PM
Slippers and a dildo

and the punch line is......

If she doesn't like the slippers she can go fock herself:histeric:

Destroyer
12-18-07, 10:06 PM
Problem with exchanging gifts at my age is that there is NOTHING I want. If I want something I go get it at anytime and I'm not gonna ask my wife to get it for me for xmas. Adults should not exchange gifts IMO, lets save that stuff for the kids, nephews, nieces. I found out she bought me a $1k necklace (llike I freigin need that right?), so now what?. I have to spend $1k for her gift?. Its all BS and I see no reason to be spending all this money. Xmas sucks! Baaahu:crying2::annoyed:mbug!

Destroyer
12-18-07, 10:11 PM

Thats what I was thinking too. Rick is a romantic guy but doing stuff like that for me would be like taking the hedgecutters and castrating myself. You just cant kiss a woman's ass like that. Women like to be treated like sh*t. They just cant respect a mush.:D

AMGoff
12-18-07, 10:38 PM
Thats what I was thinking too. Rick is a romantic guy but doing stuff like that for me would be like taking the hedgecutters and castrating myself. You just cant kiss a woman's ass like that. Women like to be treated like sh*t. They just cant respect a mush.:D

There's nothing wrong with being romantic... but not to the extent of seeming like a puss. While I wouldn't go along with your exact wording, you've got the right sentiment... most women need someone who will challenge them and while they all might not admit it - they want a partner who will act like a man - not a complete ass, but not a complete wimp. If I did that letter/dinner/carriage ride thing, my wife would laugh in my face... she's much rather me fix the leaky toilet and just remember to tell her that I love her before we head off to work in the morning.

Anytime you really have to try... it's really not all that romantic. The real stuff is simple - pay the bills, fix stuff around the house, pretend to like her friends/family, don't hit her, and make sure she always has an orgasm... that's real romance.

SlxAlxx
12-18-07, 11:26 PM
Diamonds are forever. DeBeers.

Jesda
12-18-07, 11:53 PM
I ordered "The Rabbit." No, not the VW. No, its not for ME.

SlxAlxx
12-19-07, 12:02 AM
I ordered "The Rabbit." No, not the VW. No, its not for ME.

Are you not up to the task anymore, or just tired of looking at it?

Jesda
12-19-07, 12:04 AM
Are you not up to the task anymore, or just tired of looking at it?

I work as a butcher at a local supermarket and had an accident with some of the equipment.

SlxAlxx
12-19-07, 12:20 AM
I work as a butcher at a local supermarket and had an accident with some of the equipment.

I know customers are stupid sometimes, scratch that, ALL the time, but are you sure they wanted to see YOUR sausage or the supermarket's "your" sausage?

CadillacGurl
12-19-07, 02:09 AM
Congrats 96Fleet!!!

Jason already knows what I got him coz he was snooping :thepan: 6 chrome pillar set for his STS... he won't give me any hints on my present :crying: besides that he bought it at Best Buy and he didn't get anything off with his discount + its over $200... frack now I gotta go buy him another gift...

Spa package works... could get the couples massage :thumbsup:

Sandy
12-19-07, 07:37 PM
Ah....I gave my wife a Chanukah card with $50 bill in it.
She gave me a Chanukah card, also and it had a $50.00 bill in it.

Back to square one. Hey, at age 61 & 59, it's not a biggie any longer.

Destroyer
12-20-07, 01:17 AM
Ah....I gave my wife a Chanukah card with $50 bill in it.
She gave me a Chanukah card, also and it had a $50.00 bill in it.

Back to square one. Hey, at age 61 & 59, it's not a biggie any longer.
Can I have a Chanukah card with $50 bill in it?.:eek::alchi:

Jon
12-20-07, 03:41 AM
Tickets to see Avril Lavigne (she loves her), a hoodie from my university, and whatever else I can think of in the next couple days.