: Engine Start/Stop Button Trend

Cadillacboy
12-17-07, 09:42 AM
I really don't like that engine start/stop buttons . I believe it was in old days and old techo
For ex: My pa had a Jaguar Mark VII in '52 with a same system.Engine start button . Actually it was just a switch to crank and start the engine .
I find it verily interesting considerin after many many years some car manufacturers get back to it that system they deleted .
I don't know what's the point of those engine start buttons ? You just turn your ignition key and let the car start ,that's it . Much more practical to those buttoned system .

I find it fairly a contradiction way namely your car has a remote start button as well as engine start buttons .
Still, I would have no complain if my next ride has it as long it you can also start it w/ a key too ,however I would never pay some extra cash to obtain that old magic lol

dkozloski
12-17-07, 10:46 AM
Old Buicks started by stepping on the gas pedal. '50 Ford pickups started with a pushbutton. Every maker has to have a gimmick.

Florian
12-17-07, 11:04 AM
I love my startbutton. No need to fumble for keys. Just keep em close by. No mechanical turning of a switch for contacts, no PassKey chip screw ups. Just climb in, press key and Im good to go.

F

Jesda
12-17-07, 11:05 AM
Next trend: Voice start!

"Start engine"

'COMMAND NOT RECOGNIZED'

"Start engine"

'CD PLAYER ON'

"I SAID START ENGINE!"

'CALLING ONSTAR EMERGENCY SERVICE'

Florian
12-17-07, 11:11 AM
^^^^^^ never had that problem

F

DopeStar 156
12-17-07, 11:33 AM

"Start engine"

'COMMAND NOT RECOGNIZED'

"Start engine"

'CD PLAYER ON'

"I SAID START ENGINE!"

My cell phone works like that, I can't tell you how many times I've torn the bluetooth headset off the hurled it at the windshield........

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-17-07, 11:48 AM

"Start engine"

'COMMAND NOT RECOGNIZED'

"Start engine"

'CD PLAYER ON'

"I SAID START ENGINE!"

"I SAID START ENGINE!!!"

'Coolant temp hot'

"START ENGINE!!!!"

'Trunk ajar'

:banghead:

OffThaHorseCEO
12-17-07, 09:21 PM
My cell phone works like that, I can't tell you how many times I've torn the bluetooth headset off the hurled it at the windshield........

man, i spend to much time on hofo and pinstack...

after i read this post i scrolled up to see what phones you own/use...

sad i know

CIWS
12-17-07, 10:02 PM
I love my startbutton. No need to fumble for keys. Just keep em close by. No mechanical turning of a switch for contacts, no PassKey chip screw ups. Just climb in, press key and Im good to go.

F

:yeah:

Now that I'm used to the FOB, I really like just keeping it in my pocket and being able to get in the car, start, open the truck, and exit and have it lock, all without ever having to mess with digging it out of a pocket, especially if I'm carring something with both hands. Took a few days to get used to, but I like the tech.

Jesda
12-17-07, 10:12 PM
"I SAID START ENGINE!!!"

'Coolant temp hot'

"START ENGINE!!!!"

'Trunk ajar'

:banghead:

ROFLSTARV8 :D

ryannel2003
12-17-07, 10:13 PM
I don't know, I just like getting in a car and turning the key. Something about it just seems... sexier than pushing a button.

SlxAlxx
12-18-07, 10:55 AM
My '84 Brougham is such a heap of crap I don't even need the key anymore to start it. To hell with push button systems. Just buy an old clunker like I did.

EcSTSatic
12-18-07, 11:03 AM
If it added more theft security somehow I'd approve of it. Otherwise it's just a gimmick. Why don't they just put the button in your seat then? :canttalk:

Jesda
12-18-07, 02:28 PM
My 91 Explorer could start with a screwdriver.

Crown Vic Owner
12-18-07, 02:33 PM
My 91 Explorer could start with a screwdriver.

I think thats any ford between 1930 and 1998 that can do that. Hell, anything after 98 you just have to short out 2 OBD terminals to disable the PATS system.

AMGoff
12-18-07, 11:15 PM
Good Lord... I think this one might actually be harder to follow than the carbon/aluminum trim post. I tried re-reading it for a third time but then my head started hurting. I really try to refrain from commenting on such things, but come on... these seem to be becoming increasingly belligerent.

Crown Vic Owner
12-18-07, 11:31 PM
Let me rephraise that.

It is easy to start a ford up with a screwdriver. All you have to do is stick it in and turn it. This method works on all fords made between 1930 and 1997. Any car made by ford after 1998 can be started by the same method, but you are required to short out a few wires.

SlxAlxx
12-18-07, 11:38 PM
Let me rephraise that.

It is easy to start a ford up with a screwdriver. All you have to do is stick it in and turn it. This method works on all fords made between 1930 and 1997. Any car made by ford after 1998 can be started by the same method, but you are required to short out a few wires.

This is also true of any Chrysler from 1950-1990

AMGoff
12-18-07, 11:39 PM
Let me rephraise that.

Did you even notice the - "harder to follow than the carbon/aluminum trim post"???

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I'm not always referring to you - that would actually require me to pay attention to everything you come out with.

Crown Vic Owner
12-18-07, 11:44 PM
Did you even notice the - "harder to follow than the carbon/aluminum trim post"???

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I'm not always referring to you - that would actually require me to pay attention to everything you come out with.
I know, but your always on my ass, so i am on the defensive.

dkozloski
12-18-07, 11:56 PM
Any Ford made betweeen 1912 and 1927 could be started with a fence staple. If you were clever, even those without a self-starter could be made to start without turning the hand crank.

dkozloski
12-19-07, 12:00 AM
Crown Vic Owner and AMGoff need to be locked up in the same thread together and neither allowed out until they make nicey nice with each other. It's hard to tell which one is the teenager. It'd be worth $4.40 a seat to watch them stranded together on a deserted island.

Crown Vic Owner
12-19-07, 12:25 AM
Any Ford made betweeen 1912 and 1927 could be started with a fence staple. If you were clever, even those without a self-starter could be made to start without turning the hand crank.

I should know, i have one sitting in my garage

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/596/picture6640jg.jpg
http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/9900/picture6804xx.jpg
http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/7365/picture6989nb.jpg

Only if you could change a headgasket like that on a northstar :p.

JimmyH
12-19-07, 01:56 PM
I don't know, I just like getting in a car and turning the key. Something about it just seems... sexier than pushing a button.

:yeah:

Jesda
12-19-07, 02:12 PM

That would be the penetration of the key into the slot.

EcSTSatic
12-19-07, 02:50 PM
I should know, i have one sitting in my garage

How does a teenager come to have a garage? A garage with a Model(A?). A garage with an SLS he is giving away?
Where did I go wrong?

Crown Vic Owner
12-19-07, 02:56 PM
How does a teenager come to have a garage? A garage with a Model(A?). A garage with an SLS he is giving away?
Where did I go wrong?

The garage is actually my grandmas, but she lets me use it in return i run her around and care for her. The model A title is in MY name, but the issue with that is i cant get it transfered till im 18.

Me and my grandpa rebuilt that car from the ground up, it sounds silly, yes, but i learned alot from that thing.

I have 3 more motors from it sitting around, and to top that off, 8 transmissions and 2 rearends.

It needs some paint, but otherwise, i like the car.

The SLS i really dont want to get into. I work VERY hard for what i own, i work redicilious hours during the week and weekend, i have schoolwork on top of that, i have my own personal small projects i have (I own a few forums).

My ass runs from 8AM to 10PM and i am VERY tight with my money.

EcSTSatic
12-19-07, 03:27 PM
I hope you don't get burned out before you are 20 !

Crown Vic Owner
12-19-07, 03:29 PM
I hope you don't get burned out before you are 20 !

Im already burned out, i just gotta keep going, its life.

Immaturity and acting like a kid gets noone nowhere, although i do have those urges, i mainly execute them here on forums, but i have even cut back on that.

Crown Vic Owner
12-19-07, 07:51 PM

byHh05Jt4XI

boredom sucks

dkozloski
12-19-07, 08:12 PM
byHh05Jt4XI

boredom sucks
Go to your room and play with your rubber duck.

AMGoff
12-20-07, 12:35 AM
Im already burned out, i just gotta keep going, its life.

Immaturity and acting like a kid gets noone nowhere, although i do have those urges, i mainly execute them here on forums, but i have even cut back on that.

:crying:

Crown Vic Owner
12-20-07, 12:36 AM
:crying:
Go screw yourself

Florian
12-20-07, 10:25 AM
my grandmas ass is VERY tight.

fixed

F