: Yet another PBR thread.

eldorado99
12-17-07, 02:25 AM
I picked up a six pack of PBR the other day and found out that the (probably bastardized) Canadian version is actually different than what is sold down in the States. Ours is 5.9% alcohol and brewed in Canada whereas I believe yours is not. Who knows, maybe the taste is different too. Anyone tried the two? Whats the diff?

TagApl4
12-17-07, 09:32 AM
I was at the bar last weekend, and saw a man drinking a PBR out of a glass bottle... gay... I thought they only canme in Tall boys, well they should only come in tall boys IMO

Florian
12-17-07, 11:10 AM
There are a ton of cross mfgd beers. Molson that is sold in the States is brewed by Coors. Labatts is brewed by Anheuser-Busch. Ive had both Molson (Canadian brewed) and Molson (Am. Brewed) and the difference is night and day. In the US they tone down the alcohol content....the Canucks get the hi-test. This makes a diff in taste. You can call me a beer snob, but I can hardly drink American beer (unless it is Microbrewed/Craft Brewed--- i.e. Sam Adams, etc). When I visit Canada, I ALWAYS stop at the Duty Free and get as many cases as my truck can hold (usually 22-25 cases depending on bottles or cans) and bring em home. Yeah, sometimes I get stopped and have to pay duty, other times customs lets me slide.

F

Jesda
12-17-07, 11:26 AM
You just admitted to PBR consumption.

Florian
12-17-07, 11:54 AM
not me.....that shit is only good for 1.) boiling bratwurst in 2.) using in beer cheese soup

F

dkozloski
12-17-07, 01:30 PM
Send a PBR sample to the lab and you'll get back a report that your horse has diabetes.

malcolm
12-17-07, 05:15 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z263/dcm515/pabst.jpg

Got to look close but that's a Pabst bottle water tower.

dkozloski
12-17-07, 05:26 PM
The only good thing about PBR is when it came in a can with a bottle cap on it.

RunningOnEMT
12-17-07, 05:33 PM
National Bohemian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

malcolm
12-17-07, 05:46 PM
There was a little place called the Blue Ribbon Lounge across the street from the Pabst Brewery in Newark where we used to go to drink PBR and watch the lovely young ladies shake their thangs. That was a long time ago, that neighborhood is kinda shot now.