: P0741 TCC Stuck ON, tried much, what next

whitediamond96
12-16-07, 04:34 PM
There is a great deal of posts out there on the famous P0741 Code. I have followed as many as I can find. Here is what has been changed on my 96 deville.

Torque Converter, Reactor seals and bearings, TCC Sol, Pressure Sol, Turbine Shaft seals (they were bad) and bearings, Filters, Fluid.

Code is still there. But, mostly up a slight hill over 41mph in OD.

I will check for actual slippage number later.

Can anybody help with how the Brake Switch would cause the code?

Haven't tried the Sonnex reamer and seal yet (can't find the post again!!!) Help.

Anybody have any other thoughts?

Ranger
12-16-07, 05:58 PM
The brake switch deactivates the TCC. Otherwise it would be like trying to stop a standard trans without stepping on the clutch.

zonie77
12-16-07, 06:38 PM
I think there is a reprogramming available that helps.

whitediamond96
12-16-07, 08:55 PM
Thanks Ranger and Zonie77.
This is all very frustrating.
As for the brake switch. What I should have said is can anybody figure out how a Brake switch would cause the code to set. I even tried driving up the hill that always sets to code while holding the brake pedal back (just in case the pedal switch was on the harry edge) still received the code.

Zonie77 - re programming that interest me... Anybody have some details?

Ranger
12-16-07, 09:00 PM
I think you can rule the brake switch out. See what Zonie says about the reprogramming. I seem to recall something about that. Maybe Ewill or AJ will chime in.

zonie77
12-16-07, 11:33 PM
I haven't had this problem so I'm just putting out something I remember. I'm pretty sure there is a revised program.

Zorb750
12-22-07, 01:49 AM
It's not your brake switch if this happens in uphill driving.

ewill3rd
12-24-07, 08:21 AM
If you can find AJ, he is much better with transmissions than I am.
I can tell you more info. I specialize in a different area, it has been a while since I have done any trans work.
;)

LCLCLC
12-27-07, 08:48 PM
Isn't 741 the 'nasty' code that requires removal and dis-assembly of the tranny get to the lock-up solonid?

The other 'A' and 'B' shift solonids can be changed without pulling the tranny, but do not set the 741 code. I think.

Ranger
12-27-07, 09:06 PM
Isn't 741 the 'nasty' code that requires removal and dis-assembly of the tranny get to the lock-up solonid?

Yes, but it does not have to be done. It can be lived with.