: Saw a Cadillac truck and said "what?"

05devilledave
12-16-07, 04:24 PM
I need to ask you guys, did cadillac ever make an honest to god, true "truck"?
I was driving to walmart in my Deville the other day and I saw a vehicle headed towards me and it had the older escalade look, kind like a gmc denali look on the front grill, it had the cadillac logo, grill, and head lights so I figured "its an escalade!" but my rear view mirror told me different. What I saw of the rear of the vehicle looked like a late 90s gmc or chevy truck, I mean a REAL truck, not an EXT or an avalanche looking truck, but it had a cadillac tailgate and it was a pearl maroon red color. If this is some project truck that a guy made, then the Cadillac corporation would be proud!. But I am thinking there must have been a truck made at some point.... any thoughts??
Thanks!!
Dave

CadillacSTS42005
12-16-07, 07:40 PM
likely a lade front clip on a s-10 etc...

Cadillacboy
12-16-07, 07:45 PM
Since some parts are easily interchangeable I think there is a custom made .

Red_October_7000
12-25-07, 03:15 AM
Heh. Thread got me thinking; a while back I saw for sale a Cadillac wrecker from the early 30s. It was probably a commercial chassis car that someone made into a wrecker because it had a powerful engine. That was the days though, when the difference between car and truck was just the body that rode on a basic ladder frame, though, but it was even more "WTF" inducing than a custom Cadillac pickup jobber.

Jim C
12-25-07, 01:22 PM
It was probably a conversion kit.

http://blogs.trucktrend.com/6209798/modified-vehicles/the-highway-diaries-june-06-2007/index.html

I like 'em. :yup: I think it's got potential, but I'd like to find out how hard it is to do by using parts off a wrecked Escalade rather than buying a kit.

hundley2803
12-26-07, 01:57 AM
its a conversion kit, includes hood, front fenders, bumper, and all the mounting hardware. i installed one on my yukon a few years back after i wrecked it. i also had a 92 silverado a few years back with the escalade front clip on it. they look really good imo

MN-STS-LOVER
12-27-07, 11:45 PM
Yeah...it was some kind of knock-off