: New to this Forum

Taylorman
05-19-03, 09:11 PM
Hi Everybody. I just bought a new old Caddy (1992 STS) for myself after buying a new new Olds for Mrs. Capt Ron. I love this car! It is in mint condition and runs great. I'm going to search for info regarding one nagging little "service engine soon" light. I changed my O2 sensor in the manifold but the "ses" light keeps coming on. The Caddy tech tells me the right O2 fuel sensor is the culprit - but I don't have info about replacement procedure for that little rascal. So I thought this forum would be a good place to start my search. I'll probably be asking some pretty dumb questions. But what the hey.:halo:

BeelzeBob
05-19-03, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard, Taylorman! Thanks for signing up. How did you find us? Don't worry - you'll get all the help you need here. As soon as some of our more tech-knowledgable members come along, they'll have answers to your questions...

Post up some pictures of your car when you can. We have an image section just for that. :)

BeelzeBob
05-24-03, 08:07 AM
You still with us?

elwesso
05-25-03, 12:33 AM
Scan the codes and tell us...... The procedure is on here somehwere, do a search

and welcome aboard!!!!

Taylorman
05-27-03, 10:22 PM
Just an update. I bought a Chilton manual and did not get too much info there. So next I bought an authentic factory service manual. Wow. What a difference in service manuals. Chilton is obviously structured for something different than the FSM (factory service manual). It is easier for a non tech to read yet doesn't always get to the full story. The FSM has more info and sends you on a high tech journey while trying to solve the nasty little problem. And so I have learned how to get codes from the on board information system. So it is the right oxygen sensor signal that is causing the service engine soon light to come on. My next step is to find out how to fix it. I'll post more about my progress later on this thread.

BeelzeBob
05-28-03, 12:26 AM
Thanks for getting back to us! And do keep us posted on your progress. :)

SoundAdvantage
06-04-03, 01:54 AM
Welcome Captain Ron,
I hope that you enjoy this hang out, and everyone is really cool here, best board on the web, learn as much as you can about your Caddy, they are very complicated automobiles, but with a little patience and a lot of TLC you will soon find out there are no others built like them.

Mike

elwesso
06-04-03, 02:31 PM
If you thought caddys were bad, just try working on the Q!!!