: exhaust size ?

voodoo
05-07-04, 01:06 AM
I have a 68 472 I am starting the exhaust on. First of all I want a deep throaty sound, I want to do Flame Throwers on tail pipes, but I also want enough back pressure? Does anybody have any advice? I know flame throwers are hard on engine, but they look cool as hell. pipe size? mufflers? I think I can make a flame thrower using windshield wiper motor welded to HEI shaft and coil and plugs- just add fuel. :coolgleam I love the 50's :coolgleam

MMNineInchNails
05-07-04, 02:06 AM
I have a 68 472 I am starting the exhaust on. First of all I want a deep throaty sound, I want to do Flame Throwers on tail pipes, but I also want enough back pressure? Does anybody have any advice? I know flame throwers are hard on engine, but they look cool as hell. pipe size? mufflers? I think I can make a flame thrower using windshield wiper motor welded to HEI shaft and coil and plugs- just add fuel. :coolgleam I love the 50's :coolgleam

Dual 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" pipes all the way back to two flow masters with flame throwers at the end of the tail pipe. That'll give you backpressure. Smaller the pipe, the more backpressure, but you don't want to choke your engine.

voodoo
05-07-04, 01:10 PM
Thanks man appreciate the info. Love your caddy,thats a fine looking car. How can I put a pic on my posts

voodoo
05-10-04, 12:34 AM
I put 2 1/2" Flowmasters on it today. I havent went over the rear end or installed the flame throwers yet but it sound really mean Thanks A MILLION > VOODOO:D