: The 80's!!! Shindig at my bar tonight...

Spyder
12-14-07, 10:41 PM
Should be interesting. I've got 6 hours worth of crappy eighties music ready to go, I'm not charging a cover and I'm running drink specials and a prepaid taxi shuttle for the night.

Birthday party for two of the girls I know from an old job...they wanted an 80's costume party for tonight. Should be good. Should make a bunch of money. Should have fun.

We'll see.

I had to take some creative liberty in making the soundtrack for the evening. Not many of them like rock so I had to sneak in some Dio, Whitesnake, Judas Priest, Foreigner, Scorpions, Billy Idol and Twisted Sister just to keep myself sane while they're playing Fresh Prince, Vanilla Ice, Grandmaster Flash, Michael Jackson, Debbie Gibson WHAM! and Madonna. I figured the old punk would be too much for this particular crowd, unfortunately, as its not too often you get to hear Velvet Underground, Dead Kennedy's and the Sex Pistols on a good loud club sound system.

Wish me luck. :bigroll:

Destroyer
12-14-07, 11:35 PM
Sounds like a real good time bro. Wish I was in Cali right about now. I know I would have had a good time!. :kissrock:

Benzilla
12-15-07, 12:40 AM
Cool, wish I was there. I was just thinking earlier today how fun an '80s party would be. Any Blondie? Psychedelic Furs, go west, Gary Newman? Tell me you at least played One thing leads to another...

MN-STS-LOVER
12-15-07, 12:53 AM
Best '80s concert (other than Spinal Tap) I ever went to was Motley Crue/White Snake....still can't believe White Snake was an opening act!...what a show....maybe the drugs helped...did I just say that?

Lord Cadillac
12-15-07, 11:53 AM
Really! That must have been a good show! Take a look at www.80sxchange.com to bring back some memories. :D