: Clay Aiken vs Ruben Studdard

03EscaladeAWD
05-19-03, 08:49 PM
Clay or Ruben? Who do you want to win and who do you think will win? I just hate those stupid Ford commmercials though.

BeelzeBob
05-20-03, 02:00 PM
This thread has been split. If nobody has anything nice to say, please use the other thread...

HotRodSaint
05-20-03, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
If nobody has anything nice to say, please use the other thread...

So we can say something mean here?! ;)

I think the show is cool. It shows the music industry that millions of Americans don't care what someone looks like (sorry MTV) and we want people to be talented (sorry MTV).

I think Ruben is going to win.

03EscaladeAWD
05-20-03, 09:17 PM
I really want Clay to win. IMHO he has a better voice and he screams very loudly at the end of his songs. Rueben would never do that. Clay has the better voice, but you just cant beat a big fat black guy can you. Its like comparing Brett Favre to Warren Sapp and saying which one you like better. Favre is better, but Sapp is more popular, and American Idol is all about the votes people make.

HotRodSaint
05-20-03, 09:37 PM
Clay has a good voice. But Simon hit it on the head when he said he should be singing broadway. Ruben has soul.

BeelzeBob
05-21-03, 01:00 AM
An interesting point.. I hadn't thought about it that way. Although I don't watch the show much.. I just thought Clay seemed to be more of a pop-star kinda guy than Ruben...

03EscaladeAWD
05-21-03, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by HotRodSaint
Clay has a good voice. But Simon hit it on the head when he said he should be singing broadway. Ruben has soul. Exactly. Its just to me, I guess, I like that loud broadway stuff more than soul. Kinda borring to me.

03EscaladeAWD
05-21-03, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by HotRodSaint
Clay has a good voice. But Simon hit it on the head when he said he should be singing broadway. Ruben has soul. Exactly. Its just to me, I guess, I like that loud broadway stuff more than soul. Kinda borring to me.

03EscaladeAWD
05-21-03, 04:10 PM
I honestly think Clay's gonna win

Infamous Lac
05-22-03, 03:21 PM
You may want to delete that!

HotRodSaint
05-22-03, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Infamous Lac
You may want to delete that!

Not yet.

There seem's to be some controversy in the count.

Stayed tuned...

03EscaladeAWD
05-22-03, 04:26 PM
Damn! I really wanted Clay to win! Ruben's singing just bores me! Last year's American Idol was exciting and loud, like Clay. Clay's perfect for it. Its just ashame... Good job to the Ruben fans! Stupid lazzy southerner Clay fans should've got out of their chair and voted like me!