: Khaki pants

Dadillac
12-14-07, 11:36 AM
About a year ago I purchased cheap khaki pants from Walmart. The brand is Puritan and they cost about $14 per pair, and are a heavyweight fabric. I destroy pants long before they wear out, so buying high priced clothing is a waste of $ for me. Anyway, Walmart either no longer carries these, or Puritan has gone out of business. One of the features of the Puritans is the stretch waist that I absolutely love. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase khakis with a stretch waist, and heavyweight fabric, that are under $20 per pair? Thanks in advance

Don

Spyder
12-14-07, 12:01 PM
Puritan is still around, I'm almost sure. I like 'em for the same reason. Heavy duty, last for a long time and if you DO ruin them, they're cheap to replace.

Try Dickies! I almost always use dickies for my work uniform and for when I'm working on dirty projects. Carhartt too, but that's probably a bit more expensive than you're looking for, but the same ruggedness.

dkozloski
12-14-07, 01:29 PM
Big Ray's in Fairbanks sells more Carhartts than any other store in the world. If you aren't wearing Carhartts in Fairbanks, you're out of uniform and have to slink around in discrace. You are allowed to wear Filson shirts. http://www.filson.com/

Jesda
12-14-07, 06:37 PM
Puritans are great everyday pants. Go to Kohl's and check out George. Cheap, well made, and very durable.

I once gave a speech in a high school class about what I would save if I was on the Titanic. I said I'd save my khakis.

Dadillac
12-15-07, 11:48 AM
Walmart sells the George pants, but they seemed more like dress slacks than khakis. Material was too thin for my tastes. I may have to check out the Dickies and Carhartt brands. But I am expecting those to be above my price budget. Can't justify spending over $20 for pants, when I am just going to destroy them in less than a years time. Just to note: I am the type of guy that will not change clothes if I need to do a dirty job. The thought doesn't even go through my brain. I will come home fromm work, immediately change the oil in the car, mow the grass, install electrical appliances in the home, paint the bathroom, etc, all without changing. That is why for me, cheap is the only way to go. That is why I no longer wear jeans. That and the expandable waist band of the Puritans is so damn comfortable.

Don

Jesda
12-15-07, 12:23 PM
George has the expandable waist band.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-15-07, 12:47 PM
I once gave a speech in a high school class about what I would save if I was on the Titanic. I said I'd save my khakis.

LOL! What?! Oh wait, you're the guy with nice pants. I guess if I had nice pants, I'd want to save them too, but all I've got are these Old Navys.

Red_October_7000
12-15-07, 12:52 PM
Khaki pants?
I hate khaki pants. Too many years of being forced to wear them as a school uniform. I never wear them for any reason. I wear jeans everyday and black slacks if I need to dress up. But Haggar makes a good pair o' trousers for your money. I hate Wal-mart.

AMGoff
12-15-07, 01:41 PM
Elastic waist-band? What are you 70?

Anyway... I really can't say... I hate khakis... I won't wear them. If there's something I can't do in jeans then it's not worth my time doing. The wife gave up this fight a long time ago... every year she used to buy me them for Christmas or my birthday or for no damned reason at all... "Oh, you'd look so nice in these," she'd say, to which I'd reply "No, YOU think I'd look so nice in them..." At one point I had an entire drawer of them with the tags still on them. I just don't like them... I don't like the way their cut nor do I like the way they feel, the closest thing I'll get to them is khaki cargo shorts in the summer and that's it.

Jesda
12-15-07, 02:27 PM
ITS CALLED BEING FAT.

LEAVE MY ELASTIC BAND ALONE!

AMGoff
12-15-07, 02:39 PM
ITS CALLED BEING FAT.

LEAVE MY ELASTIC BAND ALONE!

Then you, my friend are a bold-faced liar! There are no such things as "nice pants" with elastic waist-bands! You must change you user title immediately, lest be forced to give up you not-so-nice elastic pants...

Jesda
12-15-07, 03:17 PM
Then you, my friend are a bold-faced liar! There are no such things as "nice pants" with elastic waist-bands! You must change you user title immediately, lest be forced to give up you not-so-nice elastic pants...

How DARE you!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/duel-7.jpg

I challenge you to a duel.

AMGoff
12-15-07, 04:41 PM
How DARE you!

...I challenge you to a duel.

I fart in your general direction...

http://trilux.org/img/monty-python-french.jpg

Dadillac
12-15-07, 05:13 PM
OK guys, let's settle down :sneaky:. I am 5' 7" tall, with a 36" waist. If I wear jeans, I must have them snug enough to fit, without falling down, and without wearing a belt. But then if I need to bend down for something, my face turns beat red, due to the jeans squeezing the life out of my waist. So I went to the khakis, and the problem has been solved. The stretching waistband is cleverly concealed, and unless you know it is there, you'd never know it. I find these pants to be extremely comfortable, and I can wear them anywhere, and always look good. I did a quick search of Walmarts website, and saw the Dickies for about $18 per pair. The next time I am near there, I will check them out. Hopefully they will be to my liking. Thanks for all the input guys

Don

dkozloski
12-15-07, 05:28 PM
Carhartt bib overalls, what men wear; and the girls too, around here.

Red_October_7000
12-15-07, 11:45 PM
OK guys, let's settle down :sneaky:. I am 5' 7" tall, with a 36" waist. If I wear jeans, I must have them snug enough to fit, without falling down, and without wearing a belt. But then if I need to bend down for something, my face turns beat red, due to the jeans squeezing the life out of my waist. So I went to the khakis, and the problem has been solved. The stretching waistband is cleverly concealed, and unless you know it is there, you'd never know it. I find these pants to be extremely comfortable, and I can wear them anywhere, and always look good. I did a quick search of Walmarts website, and saw the Dickies for about $18 per pair. The next time I am near there, I will check them out. Hopefully they will be to my liking. Thanks for all the input guys

Don

So why can't you wear a belt? A belt is a great place to put your cell phone, a knife, a pager, a camera, a flashlight, a pistol, a great number of useful items (note: carrying all of the above at once will make you look like Batman, in a bad, anatomically-correct armor plate sort of way), and plus, it holds up your trousers! You can even get a money belt and put cash in it. I'm probably the same size (or I was before I started working with UPS); 36 Jeans were a bit tight if I sat/bent/etc (sucked when eating or driving) but I could wear a 38 with a belt and have it all work out. Since being with the United Parcel Gymnasium I'm in the 36s comfortably now!

Dadillac
12-16-07, 08:50 PM
I hate belts. Don't know why, but find them extremely uncomfortable. When I do wear one, I have it quite loose. And only wear one when I need a place to hang the cell phone. I hate ties also.

Don

Rey Rey 650
12-16-07, 09:48 PM
This topic made me feel like listening to this song :Khaki suit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obkw8OdWUDs

Red_October_7000
12-17-07, 03:38 AM
I hate belts. Don't know why, but find them extremely uncomfortable. When I do wear one, I have it quite loose. And only wear one when I need a place to hang the cell phone. I hate ties also.

Don

Weird but I can accept it. I can't stand those shirts with the two buttons at the top and the stupid collar. After so many years of wearing stupid school uniforms, there are a number of clothes types I just won't touch. Still, though, a belt is very useful!

93DevilleUSMC
12-17-07, 04:18 AM
Hey, Jesda, I just saw some Puritan slacks at Wal-mart in my area tonight. The bad news is that they aren';t in your area, but the good news is that they are still being manufactured.