: 07 cts v air intake

ctsv07
12-14-07, 11:11 AM
Hello,
I recently leased an 07 ctsv and am wondering if anyone knows of a good air intake. KN and AFE tolf me that for some reason they didnt make one for the 07 which suggests there is a fitment problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, does changing the intake do anything to the warranty? Thanks in advance!

CTSV_Rob
12-14-07, 11:28 AM
90mm throttle body on the 06 - 07, 78 mm throttle body on the 04 - 05.

I would think that if you find a kit to fit an 06 it will fit the 07.

trukk
12-14-07, 02:44 PM
90mm throttle body on the 06 - 07, 78 mm throttle body on the 04 - 05.

I would think that if you find a kit to fit an 06 it will fit the 07.

Any CTS-V CAI kit will fit all years. The Outside Diameter of the 78mm TB and 90mm TB is exactly the same size.

Here is a pic of the stock TB vs. an aftermarket 90mm:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/35460d1189637979-need-help-major-shudder-drivetrain-when-ls6_vs_nw_sittin_on_fast.jpg

I have a pic at home of them sitting on top of each other, showing an exact fit between the two.

So there should be no issues with fitament. I have the 90mm installed in my car (LS6), and it connects fine to the aftermarket intake tube and CAI that I have. BTW if you go with just an LPE unit, it connects directly to the MAF, and reuses the stock intake tube. I also believe the drop in filters are the same across all years if you go that route.

-Chris

P.S. I have my Ported KaTech TB for sale in the classifieds right now if you want to do that at the same time. Sorry for the shamless plug and thread jack :D
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3319&sort=1&cat=23&page=1

SLPR 6.0L
12-15-07, 10:41 AM
I did a drop in. THe only gain with a CAI as far as I know is in sound. I can tell no SOTP difference with a drop in K&N. I did a K&N due to the fact that I can clean it as often as I want, rather than having to buy a new paper element filter, not really for HP gains.

trukk
12-15-07, 08:42 PM
I did a drop in. THe only gain with a CAI as far as I know is in sound. I can tell no SOTP difference with a drop in K&N. I did a K&N due to the fact that I can clean it as often as I want, rather than having to buy a new paper element filter, not really for HP gains.

Mods like this are cumulative. By itself it's not going to do much. Add in free flowing intake tract, and exhasut tract, and it will show gains.

-Chris

trukk
12-15-07, 08:48 PM
[quote=trukk<SNIP>...I have a pic at home of them sitting on top of each other, showing an exact fit between the two....<SNIP>[/quote]

Found it. Please note that the 78mm was my old stock one, and not the nice KaTech ported one that is still for sale (plug, plug :D )

-Chris

PISNUOFF
12-15-07, 08:51 PM
My tuner says some modification is needed for almost all of the CAI's except Lingenfelter's. I have one and he said it did not need to be modified.

trukk
12-15-07, 09:15 PM
My tuner says some modification is needed for almost all of the CAI's except Lingenfelter's. I have one and he said it did not need to be modified.

I don't see how any won't work. Airbox is the same. Maf is the same. Intake tube is the same. Only difference is the 90mm TB, but it's OD is the same as the 78mm.

Shouldn't be an issue with the LPE, Volant (which is crap), or the K&N (either CAI or drop in filter).

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, YMMV, etc. etc. etc.

-Chris

StealthV
12-17-07, 01:32 PM
There is one big difference - The LS2 intake tube has an extra "emissions" hose connected and is why a "LS6" style CAI won't work with a LS2 (without a little creativity on the installers part).

StealthV
12-17-07, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah...The factory airboxes are different between a LS6 and LS2 as well.

trukk
12-17-07, 02:04 PM
There is one big difference - The LS2 intake tube has an extra "emissions" hose connected and is why a "LS6" style CAI won't work with a LS2 (without a little creativity on the installers part).

Pics to post?

-Chris

heavymetals
12-17-07, 03:43 PM
GOT ONE!!

Posting it here first.

OK if you want an LS2 intake manifold off a Vette (90 mm TB not included).

PM me post haste.

First $500.00 takes.

lunarx
12-17-07, 09:51 PM
This I was not aware of. :confused:
Any specifics?

StealthV
12-18-07, 01:51 AM
The LS2 airbox has an extra hole on the fender side for more air.

The LS2 air intake tube has about a 3/16" elbow coming out of it about midpoint.

Pics? I'm living mod-hell in snowmobile land. Perhaps around April or May. :D

That's me on the black and green chrome on day one and all black on day two.

Black. It's the new green. :cowboy:

6SepbhobrhM

SLPR 6.0L
12-19-07, 04:20 PM
The LS2 airbox has an extra hole on the fender side for more air.

The LS2 air intake tube has about a 3/16" elbow coming out of it about midpoint.

Pics? I'm living mod-hell in snowmobile land. Perhaps around April or May. :D

That's me on the black and green chrome on day one and all black on day two.

Black. It's the new green. :cowboy:

6SepbhobrhM

What is your opinion on the most efficient way to DIY mod the LS2 air filter, intake tube and air box?

StealthV
12-19-07, 06:17 PM
What is your opinion on the most efficient way to DIY mod the LS2 air filter, intake tube and air box?

Leave it stock or bolt on a set of headers or a Maggie for real power gains.