: Anyone good with Statistics!??!?!

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-07, 05:49 PM
I need to create a multiple regression project for my statistics class
anyone have any ideas on how to once i gather the info and compute everything using excels data analysis what it all means?

urbanski
12-13-07, 06:45 PM
54.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Spyder
12-13-07, 07:13 PM
Damn you Urby!

MY sources report closer to 71.7%

CadillacSTS42005
12-14-07, 12:53 AM
g
anyone wanna help me out for real?

Spyder
12-14-07, 01:33 AM
Want to. Not capable of doing so.

CadillacSTS42005
12-14-07, 02:03 AM
lol
thanks
well i got 1 project DONE the other i need help with so ill askm tomorrow
thanks anyways

AMGoff
12-14-07, 04:13 AM
Sure... the best way is to pay attention in class.

EcSTSatic
12-14-07, 09:34 AM
I'd have to dig out my old college stats texts to help - refer to the laziness thread.

Remember: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." Keep that in mind whenever someone quotes stats. They can be manipulated or "spun" if you will to support an agenda. That's one of life's lessons I appreciate more and more as I get older, and hopefully wiser.

Cadillacboy
12-14-07, 11:12 AM
Mods, median ....I was good at the stats so were the formulas but most things slipped thru my mind . I will take a look to find my notebook and if I find it I will try to help you out .

JTraik
12-14-07, 02:37 PM
What do you need help with? I have taken some university level engineering statistics courses including designing by experiments (what statistics is use for in manufacturing).

TagApl4
12-14-07, 02:57 PM
The multiple regression uses several independent variables to predict the outcome.

Y= what you are looking for or predicting, and your have several variables (outcomes) for X to predict Y

Regression takes a group of random variables, thought to be predicting Y, and tries to find a mathematical relationship between them. The regression will give you a straight line -aka- linear regression that approximates all the individual data points. Regressions are generally used to see how these independent variables affect Y.

TagApl4
12-14-07, 03:08 PM
The multiple regression uses several independent variables to predict the outcome.

Y= what you are looking for or predicting, and your have several variables (outcomes) for X to predict Y

Regression takes a group of random variables, thought to be predicting Y, and tries to find a mathematical relationship between them. The regression will give you a straight line -aka- linear regression that approximates all the individual data points. Regressions are generally used to see how these independent variables affect Y.

The best way to bullshit your paper is state your results, then play witht the regression, change your variables, then give your teacher a whole bunch of "if/then" statements. Say "if X would have occured then"... "We could have been closer to the desired outcome if X variable would have been closer to ___ rather than ____"... "The results were skewed because of this data point" shit like that