: Frozen locks

Sigma_1966
12-13-07, 03:31 PM
Anyone have any problems witgh them In particular the drivers side.

Jon
12-13-07, 04:40 PM
Don't think so. Pops up everytime I hit the remote unlock. Only problem I've ever had on the CTS was that the rear door would not close sometimes in the winter.

Sigma_1966
12-13-07, 07:22 PM
I am having same problem. Kind of annoying. hate to say it but this never happenede with my Honda

Don't think so. Pops up everytime I hit the remote unlock. Only problem I've ever had on the CTS was that the rear door would not close sometimes in the winter.

Jon
12-13-07, 07:26 PM
I am having same problem. Kind of annoying. hate to say it but this never happenede with my Honda
Just take it to the dealer. They just need to lubricate the latch and it'll be fine.

coolcat
02-05-08, 11:28 PM
I've been having a problem with the rear doors not wanting to latch when the temp has dropped to -15 celsius or below. There are a few others in the forum experiencing the same problem and just like mine it's allways the rear doors, never the front. It's not due to water iceing up either. The dealer said that have never heard of the problem before, and that some white lithium grease would fix the problem.................. it actually made it worse. I ended up cleaning out the lithium greese the dealer put on the latches and applied some synthetic grease, now i just need a cold day to find out if it works.

Fiero
01-04-11, 02:36 AM
I experienced this for the first time this week.
(on all but the driver door)
A shot of WD-40 in all four latches worked for me.

yonexsp
03-02-11, 11:03 PM
Thank God! I thought it was just me.

It's only the back doors that do this, and only as an earlier poster said, around -15 or so.

Nothing really works so far to fix it, except a warmed up car. Can be very annoying when you forget and open the door far from home, then Dooh!!

Jon
03-04-11, 02:14 AM
Thank God! I thought it was just me.

It's only the back doors that do this, and only as an earlier poster said, around -15 or so.

Nothing really works so far to fix it, except a warmed up car. Can be very annoying when you forget and open the door far from home, then Dooh!!

GM super lube in a spray bottle is like magic. Works every time.

yonexsp
06-03-11, 12:37 AM
luckily I won;t have to try this again for another 7 months!! Yeahhhhh!!!!

frankjb
01-01-12, 09:13 AM
locks freezing......I put a locked gas cap on my 2003 cts.....and the first time it was freezing outside...after some rain...
I had tons of trouble trying to get the cap unlocked....maybe its only me...but seems the rain was dripping down from the inside entrance lip of the flap...and right onto the lock part where the key goes in....
anyone else having this problem.....for now I covered with plastic and rubber band...all my other cad's...had to open from inside car....
frankjb