: New Challenger commericial

Destroyer
12-13-07, 03:25 PM
Pretty cool and ballsy ad: http://www.planetchallenger.com/general-news/dodge-challenger-commercial-it-is-on-071115.html

HITMONEY
12-13-07, 03:57 PM
Hawt!

:burn:

hueterm
12-13-07, 06:16 PM
Too bad Pontiac didn't grow a pair (or borrow Mopar's) and recreate the 1969 Grand Prix.... That is a cool commercial, though.

I've just never cared too much for the original Challenger, to have one of the few new coupes in existence be modeled after it.

Spyder
12-13-07, 07:09 PM
Why did the R/T not go anywhere and why was he laughing when the new one took off?

I like it, because its got classic Mopar...buuuuut...huh?

Night Wolf
12-13-07, 07:14 PM
Why did the R/T not go anywhere and why was he laughing when the new one took off?

I like it, because its got classic Mopar...buuuuut...huh?

cause it was like middle-aged old guy vs young punk kid.... like the kid wanted to prove something and the guy was like, yeah, I've got a fast car but I don't need to go around proving it.... or.... it brought him back to when he was younger and the old R/T was newer, and he'd be the one racing at the light etc....

I'll admit, seeing a race would be sweet.... but it would also be tough to make into a short comercial... that gets the point across tho :)

I like it.

hueterm
12-13-07, 07:22 PM
Yeah, it did kind of make the punk kid look like a punk kid when he ended up racing no one. (Of course we're saying punk kid...he looked 25-30 yrs old from what you could see.)

96Fleetwood
12-13-07, 07:36 PM
MMMMMMMMMMM! I can't wait till I pay off my med school loans so I can buy a new car.. so many choices! :D

gary88
12-13-07, 08:08 PM
I think Mopar finally did something right.

cvettr/cts-v
12-13-07, 08:46 PM
They should have shown the new one beat the old one in a short race. then cut to alittle while later........ the new one passes by the old one which is getting fuel showing the new one out performs the old in performance and mileage.

Spyder
12-13-07, 08:56 PM
But the new Hemi DOESN'T out perform the old Hemi in performance.

Or mileage...*cough*

dkozloski
12-13-07, 09:08 PM
The Hemi isn't a hemi anyway. It's a pentroof.

MN-STS-LOVER
12-13-07, 09:30 PM
Too bad Pontiac didn't grow a pair (or borrow Mopar's) and recreate the 1969 Grand Prix.... That is a cool commercial, though.

I've just never cared too much for the original Challenger, to have one of the few new coupes in existence be modeled after it.

My first car was a '72 GP... I Prefer the single head light and pointed rear bumper...but I agree...that would be a great body to bring back!

cadillacnick99sls
12-13-07, 11:42 PM
Hawt!

:burn:

now thats a nice car.

thebigjimsho
12-14-07, 12:14 AM
Meh, the Camaro looks more badass. And HEMI is so overused and misapplied...

93DevilleUSMC
12-14-07, 12:19 AM
I...freaking...want one! I'm in love!

CadillacSTS42005
12-14-07, 03:13 AM
Hemi is a nameplate to sell their cars now
they dont really use hemispherical pistons anymore...

Destroyer
12-14-07, 07:42 AM
Hemispherical pistons?:confused: . Always thought Hemi refferred to the combustion chambers. Live and learn............NOT. :)

hueterm
12-14-07, 10:55 AM
My first car was a '72 GP... I Prefer the single head light and pointed rear bumper...but I agree...that would be a great body to bring back!

Yeah, mine was a '70. My folks also had a '70 when it was new, which was the first car I remember them having.

I called out the '69 as it was the first of that class. Any of them are hot -- '69 thru '72. I like the longer "beak" of the '69/'70, but the boattail of the '71/'72 is awesome.

Sorry to :hijacked: the Challenger thread :-)

HITMONEY
12-14-07, 03:57 PM

:hmm:

:histeric:

Sandy
12-14-07, 06:24 PM
Car (and ExCItMeNt) of the year, hands down ! SRT-8 Version !

thebigjimsho
12-14-07, 09:18 PM

Hemispherical pistons?:confused: . Always thought Hemi refferred to the combustion chambers. Live and learn............NOT. :)Learn yourself...

Many engines have hemispherical combustion chambers. Chrysler just trademarked the term, is all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemi

MN-STS-LOVER
12-14-07, 09:37 PM
What made the real "Hemi" was a combination of piston design and head design. So we can all learn something everyday!

Destroyer
12-14-07, 09:43 PM
Learn yourself...

Many engines have hemispherical combustion chambers. Chrysler just trademarked the term, is all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HemiYes I know that. Many engines have hemispherical combustion chambers and dont advertise them as Hemi's. So what is it that I need to learn?. :hmm:

thebigjimsho
12-14-07, 10:59 PM
Yes I know that. Many engines have hemispherical combustion chambers and dont advertise them as Hemi's. So what is it that I need to learn?. :hmm:Not you, above unlearned...

Destroyer
12-15-07, 12:19 AM
Not you, above unlearned...Roger that!:D