: Rant. Lazy people.

Jesda
12-13-07, 02:40 PM
I just got off the phone with an old friend. This friend reminded me of why I despise lazy people. I wrote her an email today.

I get the feeling that this is going to be a long email. Go make some tea.

I don't care to "rescue" women. I know a lot of guys with money will see a pretty girl with no purpose and no direction and use her weakness as a way of making themselves feel needed. But I grew up with a mom who worked her ass off (and still does, even after marrying rich), so I don't believe in saving the weak.

My family came to the US broke as shit during an economic recession (Ronald Reagan saved this country) but we all made something of ourselves. We worked our asses off and took advantage of the economic freedom and prosperity that this country afforded us. My parents worked and got reeducated in skills that were marketable, and I got damn good grades in school because I was taught that hard work is EVERYTHING. I'd love to deport all the lazy Americans who don't appreciate the opportunities they're blessed with. Life is about commitment, sacrifice, honor, and hard work. And in between you have some fun.

When you go to Thailand this spring, I hope you see all the people living in shanty towns, just barely surviving, and all the people living far FAR below what we consider "poverty" in America.

I was in Thailand in 2006 and 1996. In '96, I saw the place where my mom grew up. It was WAY out in the jungle, and there was one electrical outlet, no running water, and the inside of the house was completely exposed to the outdoors. I bathed with a bucket. There was no modern insulation and the floor was concrete. The toilet was a porcelain bowl in the floor that was flushed with a pail of water. I slept in a tent with my brother.

I know white tourists are only exposed to karaoke bars, restaurants, and the FREAKING HUGE MALLS in Bangkok, but I hope you see it for what it really is -- a place of less opportunity. I hope you see what my mom and dad left behind and what motivates me to love where I live and everything I have, and why I was in tears (of joy) when I took the oath of citizenship in 1999.
But you won't. You'll do a lot of eating and drinking and take pictures.

I've grown up a bit. I'm noticing that I'm drawn to substantive things like success, depth, intelligence, and ambition. The good things in this life have to be earned. You have to earn my respect.

You have an obligation to honor yourself and your family by trying to be a better person.
I hope you find worthwhile things beyond drinking and hooking up to do with your time and energy.

Florian
12-13-07, 02:50 PM
lazy people suck.

F

SlxAlxx
12-13-07, 02:54 PM
I had a lazy friend once. I wrote him an e-mail just like that. I couldn't get through to him for one reason though: He was too lazy to read it. Lazy people do indeed suck.

RightTurn
12-13-07, 03:07 PM
:yeah:

urbanski
12-13-07, 03:11 PM
i am too lazy to read that :(

thebigjimsho
12-13-07, 03:13 PM
I work my ass off, but I'm lazy...

RightTurn
12-13-07, 03:13 PM
Let's ask Jesda for the Cliff's Notes ver. :highfive:

EcSTSatic
12-13-07, 03:15 PM
I suffer from selective laziness.

Jesda
12-13-07, 03:15 PM
Let's ask Jesda for the Cliff's Notes ver. :highfive:

The short version is:

"Grow the f*** up you god damn slacker!"

:D

EcSTSatic
12-13-07, 04:12 PM
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/laziness.jpg

Rolex
12-13-07, 04:13 PM
I stopped reading at the point you disclosed it would be a long email. That's too much work 4 me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/cliffnotes.jpg

urbanski
12-13-07, 04:20 PM
my shift knob has some play in it

Jesda
12-13-07, 04:31 PM

You talk dirty.

dkozloski
12-13-07, 06:30 PM
Laziness breeds efficiency.

Spyder
12-13-07, 07:12 PM
Ummm...I don't even want cliffnotes. Film it for me...with thirty second story lines and commercials in between.

hueterm
12-13-07, 07:25 PM
What did she do (or not do) to make her lazy?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-13-07, 07:53 PM
I could go out and make something of my life, but I'd rather just be lazy and hang out around here.

RightTurn
12-13-07, 09:56 PM

I hate it when that happens.

RightTurn
12-13-07, 10:16 PM
:effort:

thebigjimsho
12-14-07, 12:02 AM
:effort:

Bestest.

Smilie.

Evahhh!!!

93DevilleUSMC
12-14-07, 12:25 AM
What was hermajor malfunction, bro?

urbanski
12-14-07, 07:25 AM
Bestest.

Smilie.

Evahhh!!!

thanks

urbanski
12-14-07, 07:25 AM
if shes hot just pork her jesda

Night Wolf
12-14-07, 08:29 AM
Besides lazy people, people that just never grow up really get to me.... I work with people twice my age that act half my age.

Jesda
12-14-07, 07:35 PM
if shes hot just pork her jesda

Porked, but thats not the point.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-14-07, 09:35 PM
Did you Baconate that bitch?