Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Subguy 
#1 ·
What's the verdict, folks? Armorall? Silicone spray? NuVinyl? WD 40? Corn oil? I know silicone is bad for leather but is it good for rubber/vinyl? Thanks!

#2 ·
There is still a lot of controversy over whether AA cracks rubber over time or not. (I started a thread on that) However, since the 1980's I have used AA on our 1980 Pontiac weather stripping, and it still looks new! I know that if you go to Midas, or the Caddy dealership. they sometimes spray silicone on the cv boots to preserve them, etc. I've seen them do this. Avoid anything with petrolium distilates IMO. That's why NOW, for all rubber, I use "No Touch, Wet "N" Protect" tire finish on all my tires, weatherstripping, rad hoses, dash, etc. It's been great for about two years.

#3 ·
:coolgleam There are several cars that I owned for 10 years or more, I never had a problem with Armor All. What's probably better is this marine protectant called "303", if you can find it at a boat shop or mail order place it's supposed to be great stuff but I'll admit I haven't tried it myself.

#5 ·
Depends on what you want to spend. My take on AA is once you use you always have to continue and constantly. Auto parts shops or detail shops will have a "clear rubber dressing" that works great. Designed strictly for moldings etc...not seats or dash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.