: Hands free Calling And CORSA Owners

SuperV_Rob
12-11-07, 10:19 AM
Hello Corsa cat back exhaust owners,

I have a very serious question for you. I commute many thousand miles a month and have really enjoyed my new digital Onstar telephone features tied to my Verizon Wireless account for hands free business and personal calling. I would definitely like to have a little more muscle sound to my exhaust when I romp it but do not want to give up this hands free feature due to exhaust resonance while cruising in 6th gear at 70 to 80 MPH. Have any of you Corsa cat back system owners been using blue tooth non noise canceling speaker phones, headsets, or your onstar for calling and can you comfortably do this at business quality? Based on conversations with Luke at Lindsay, the rest of the systems out there will most likely be to loud for my purposes. I think that stock will have to do unless there are some folks with real world experience out there and they are willing to share. :thumbsup:

Many Thanks,

Rob

whisler151
12-11-07, 12:00 PM
I have Magnaflow which is louder than Corsa...I have no problems using the Onstar telephone feature. If I am cruising at 70-80 there is very little resonance heard. If you go WOT then they can hear it, but cruising down the freeway i'd be more worried about the road noise than my exhaust.

RunningOnEMT
12-11-07, 12:03 PM
corsa you get only a mild rumble inside the car, but outside there is a noticable difference, ... i have headers/corsa and inside the car its really not that bad unless i'm at WOT and above 3500-4000RPM

nikon
12-11-07, 12:17 PM
I use a BT kit with no problems and I have a magnaflow.

The Tony Show
12-11-07, 01:00 PM
There's practically no resonance with the Corsa catback. I'm running Kooks headers and Corsa, and I use my OnStar phone all the time.

jnrandall
12-11-07, 01:17 PM
Magnaflow, headers and BT here as well. No issues at speed.

SuperV_Rob
12-11-07, 01:51 PM
Thank you all very much. I would rather hear it from someone that uses it daily and not speculate myself! Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

My Best,

Rob

rand49er
12-11-07, 02:58 PM
Rob, no BT here, but I did have the Corsa alone on my car for four or five weeks before I installed the hi-flo cats and headers. With just the Corsa, there's little if any change sound-wise inside the cabin unless you get into some serious throttle openings at higher RPMs, and then you shouldn't be talkin' on a phone anyway.

Even with the headers and hi-flo cats (the latter item is the one that makes the biggest increase in db's IMO), the sound level at cruising speeds is very tolerable with no drone.

Corsa alone with stock cats and exh man, you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference at 70 MPH.

SuperV_Rob
12-11-07, 04:11 PM
Rob, no BT here, but I did have the Corsa alone on my car for four or five weeks before I installed the hi-flo cats and headers. With just the Corsa, there's little if any change sound-wise inside the cabin unless you get into some serious throttle openings at higher RPMs, and then you shouldn't be talkin' on a phone anyway.

Even with the headers and hi-flo cats (the latter item is the one that makes the biggest increase in db's IMO), the sound level at cruising speeds is very tolerable with no drone.

Corsa alone with stock cats and exh man, you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference at 70 MPH.

This is exactly what I had hoped to hear, all good news! Even though I would love to get high flow cats and headers, I still have about 60K on warranty and do not want to argue over repairs. I have already fought the fight on a cat back system on my Escalade and won so I feel pretty confident that they will repair anything other than the cat back system itself. They blamed my cat back system for a couple of cat failures but in the end they replaced the cats anyway. :thumbsup:

ronr
12-11-07, 08:57 PM
Hello Corsa cat back exhaust owners,

I commute many thousand miles a month and have really enjoyed my new digital Onstar telephone features tied to my Verizon Wireless account for hands free business and personal calling. ... do not want to give up this hands free feature due to exhaust resonance while cruising in 6th gear at 70 to 80 MPH. Have any of you Corsa cat back system owners been using blue tooth non noise canceling speaker phones, headsets, or your onstar for calling and can you comfortably do this at business quality? Based on conversations with Luke at Lindsay, the rest of the systems out there will most likely be to loud for my purposes. I think that stock will have to do unless there are some folks with real world experience out there and they are willing to share. :thumbsup:

Many Thanks,

Rob

Rob,
I too use the verizon bundled package with my OnStar but have also used a bluetooth headset and the speakerphone on my cell with no problems. I have the Corsa with stock manifolds and cat's. You won't be sorry.

GMBOUND
12-11-07, 09:02 PM
B&B X-pipe, Verizon w/ Onstar, use the phone daily leaving work no problems being heard.