: 1961 caddy coupe

lowdeville
12-10-07, 11:29 PM
So i'm building a 1961 caddy coupe,It will sport a full custom interior as well as a 3 pump hydraulic suspension,eight batteries,and 14"supremes,chevy 350 auto/o.d out of a '93 brougham,what are your views on going custom on a avintage 'Lac???:sneaky:
Here's a couple pics of my last coupe,1978 which i recently sold,bought from an old man,under 100 000 kms.

Brizzal
12-11-07, 01:10 AM
damn looks great! i like it alot

Spyder
12-11-07, 11:59 AM
Not my style at all, but for what it is it looks damned good!

My_favorite_Brougham
12-11-07, 12:07 PM
Don't trash anything that comes out of or off the car! Save it or sell it as they're rare and people need stock interiors, grills, etc. I've seen people make lowriders, and they'll paint right over factory rims that are priceless or kick-in factory grills that are worth a fortune and even 'knife' mint OEM seats. Just be sure to respect the car's heritage. Also I wouldn't paint over good paint, especially if it's good factory or looks expensive; then you're just wasting a good paint job. I always say make a lowrider out of a faded or worn out car or one with a bad engine, that way you aren't wasting anything. What's gonna become of the factory 390 that was in the car to begin with. Please don't use it as target practice; as that's what my cousin did, and we are all appalled.

Make it look nice, and good luck! :thumbsup:
Greg

lowdeville
12-11-07, 11:48 PM
Don't trash anything that comes out of or off the car! Save it or sell it as they're rare and people need stock interiors, grills, etc. I've seen people make lowriders, and they'll paint right over factory rims that are priceless or kick-in factory grills that are worth a fortune and even 'knife' mint OEM seats. Just be sure to respect the car's heritage. Also I wouldn't paint over good paint, especially if it's good factory or looks expensive; then you're just wasting a good paint job. I always say make a lowrider out of a faded or worn out car or one with a bad engine, that way you aren't wasting anything. What's gonna become of the factory 390 that was in the car to begin with. Please don't use it as target practice; as that's what my cousin did, and we are all appalled.

Make it look nice, and good luck! :thumbsup:
Greg

I'm known as "cadillac dave"around my area,I've owned/sold literally dozens of full size RWD caddies(mostly early to mid-eighties coupes and sedans) .I love the lowriding lifestyle,and caddy's make great foundations for lows.I have no problem cutting up any year caddy,as they really aren't sought after,big dollar items,(such as let's say 'Cuda's,Impala SS's,etc.)that said I love my caddies.I disagree about using a "worn out car",it's always easier/cheaper to start with something solid.
I have 2 1961 coupes,one is for parts,as these are extremely hard to get parts for.Both of the factory 390's are siezed,but complete,boat anchors to me,I could care less about matching numbers,as i'm building a custom.

CadillacGurl
12-12-07, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the forum!

lowdeville
01-03-08, 07:24 PM
Some pix of the build as it progresses
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/lowdeville/Dave61caddy012.jpg

lowdeville
01-03-08, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the forum!

thanx
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/lowdeville/Dave61caddy009.jpg

urbanski
01-03-08, 07:39 PM
thanks for joining. make sure to post about your car in the 19XX deville forum
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/

Spyder
01-03-08, 08:14 PM
Damn fine looking interior, actually. I like it! I can bet money I won't like the finished product, 'cause that's just me...but I like the way the seats look with the green...