: anyone ever use HEAL-A-SEAL

Cnjmale
12-10-07, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone, i have a 2000 deville with a leak in the head gasket that makes my car run hot at times and use a little coolant, i di a google search and found this product claiming it works well on the Northstar, anyone here ever use this product before??? i searched the forum and couldnt come up with anything on this product??

PEdro
NJ

Ranger
12-10-07, 06:12 PM
Repairs in a bottle will not work. Do a search for "Thermogasket" by rfishing. It is long and painfull, but proves my point.

zonie77
12-11-07, 11:57 AM
It's been tried...it does not work.

CadillacSTS42005
12-11-07, 03:36 PM
oh god here we go again

Zorb750
12-11-07, 04:30 PM
oh god here we go again

Exactly. That's why I didn't say anything about it.

It's always the same. Someone sees some idiotic miracle cure product or supposedly important but unnecessary and totally profiteering "maintenance" service, they either believe it outright or start thinking "what if", they then seek the advice of someone knowledgeable (who recommends against it), decide to do it anyway, it doesn't work, they then return to the expert when they have problems.

It's why threads like this shouldn't be responded to.

Cnjmale
12-11-07, 04:44 PM
thanks for the few replys, and sorry to bother you with this question i am totaly aware that there in no such thing as a fix in a bottle, was just curious as to anyone using this and what there experience was. I have a small leak and have just monitored it and used some bars leak just to give me some time. Thank you again
Pedro

Submariner409
12-11-07, 04:56 PM
zorb, If we don't respond, even to questions that have been answered dozens of times, we pass on no knowledge.

and, yes, I'm as guilty as anyone else in that regard.

Cnjmale, Don't take anything in here personally......we're all different people trying to respond to a stranger across a pitch black room.

dkozloski
12-12-07, 12:15 AM
thanks for the few replys, and sorry to bother you with this question i am totaly aware that there in no such thing as a fix in a bottle, was just curious as to anyone using this and what there experience was. I have a small leak and have just monitored it and used some bars leak just to give me some time. Thank you again
Pedro
Having a small HG leak is like being just a little bit pregnant; the result is inevitable.

SlxAlxx
12-13-07, 12:07 AM
Having a small HG leak is like being just a little bit pregnant; the result is inevitable.

I'm SO glad that I downgraded (or upgraded?) to the 4.5-4.9 era.

Zorb750
12-16-07, 05:41 AM
zorb, If we don't respond, even to questions that have been answered dozens of times, we pass on no knowledge.

My apologies. Maybe it is just me and my thinking style. I ask questions after looking around a lot, usually many many pages back, searches, etc. (not that the forum's search thing works that well... Includes and excludes would be nice!) I only ask without looking if it's something that I just want another perspective on.