: Radio locked out and power options not working after battery replacement

deartanu
12-10-07, 04:11 PM
Hi guys,
This is my first post on the forum and I sure hope to get a reply from you experts out there!
I have a 2001 Cadillac Catera that has been giving me problems since the time I bought it. I guess the dealer tricked me.
I've been having the speedometer/odometer/ABS/TCS problem. The well known and much talked about problem with the EBTCM. I just went to my mechanic and had the EBTCM taken out to send it for rebuild. While he did that, he had to take out the battery first, and he asked me if I had got the radio lockout codes with me?? And he told me that the radio would lock out and would not work till the codes are reset. Thats what happened after he reconnected the battery, and also some of the power options like locks, moonroof and seats are not working.
Are these codes something specific to a car?? Or are these generic codes?? Will I have to take the car to a dealer to have these codes reset?? Or can I get them elsewhere and have him reset them??

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

TitanCTS
12-10-07, 06:12 PM
Take the car to the dealer, They will take your radio part no./serial no. and VIN to retrieve the code from their online database... And have them perform basic settings and adapt all the control units to work effectively.. Hope that helps..

pradoblings
12-11-07, 08:01 AM
I have a 2000 Catera. I just changed out the battery and everything came back on fine. The only thing that seemed not to work properly was the windows wouldn't go to automatic (When you hold the bottom for a sec it goes up and down on it's own.) I had to hold the bottom till it went all the way up or down. Seems lazy but it was wierd that it didnt work after I chnaged the battery. After a couple of days of being parked it all worked fine.