: funny, almost killed myself

cadillacnick99sls
12-09-07, 09:09 PM
Whats up everybody. Just had a new engine installed on my cadillac sls also had tires rotated new drilled slotted rotors put on. Today i was going shopping 60 miles from my house. Main reason was open up this engine and put some miles on it. So as soon as traffic lightened up i was flooring it. hitting 110 mph. Doing this in short spurts 75 to 105 110. now car started to shake alittle bit then get worse left tire felt bad. get to the mall the center cap is missing from left front tire, also one of the lugs and the bolt snapped off. wtf. dont know whats going on here. so i check the car out everything seems okay. so i start driving home. not driving that quick anymore doing about 75 car shaking i see something shiny fly up in the air as soon as i hit the brake. I pull over now i have two lugs on the car three lugs and the bolts gone. now rightside center caps gone also. long story short...this dickhead working on the car didnt tighten the lugs on any of my tires they were all finger tight. so now if i wouldnt of stopped my tire would have flew off my car and who knows what would have happened... just felt like sharing this with you guys . havre to take day off to curse out this mechanic mon. greeeeat.

Spyder
12-09-07, 09:15 PM
So after you saw that you'd already lost a lug on one of your drives, you took it back up to 75 because "everything seems okay"?

Have ya ever heard of he Darwin Awards?

dkozloski
12-09-07, 09:25 PM
All your wheel studs need to be replaced and the wheels are probably ruined as well with the holes all chewed up and wallowed out. That is going to be a very expensive lesson.

Ranger
12-09-07, 10:23 PM
Though not quite as expensive as it could have been.

cadillacnick99sls
12-09-07, 10:25 PM
not really big deal, have 2007 chrome deville rims sitting in garage that i was going to put on in the summer. just have to do it sooner.

CadillacSTS42005
12-09-07, 10:26 PM
really now...
common sense would of deemed checking the lugs after one goes missing...

cadillacnick99sls
12-09-07, 10:28 PM
yeah, I made a stupid mistake. Live and learn could have been alot worse. couldnt think straight pissed off and very very far from home.

Rolex
12-09-07, 10:30 PM
Well, I'm glad you're ok. Live and learn....better then the alternative. :yup:

cadillacnick99sls
12-09-07, 10:33 PM
yes yes yes, made a really stupid mistake. one that i will never do again. funny thing.... before i left on this ride was going to get tires balanced and there was too many people at the tire shop. if i would have waited this would have never happened.

cadillacnick99sls
12-09-07, 10:37 PM
Thanx, im being put on the cadillac barbeque by everyone. gonna have to find a crack head in brooklyn with center caps for sale after i stomp the mechs worker monday.

nikon
12-09-07, 11:08 PM
4RTwlsCvzoQ

cadillacnick99sls
12-09-07, 11:10 PM
now thats funny

DDS rollin a CTS
12-09-07, 11:24 PM
How on earth did he lose all four wheels??? Did he only have on lugnut per wheel?

CadillacGurl
12-10-07, 12:45 AM
:yeah: :lol:

dkozloski
12-10-07, 01:34 AM
How on earth did he lose all four wheels??? Did he only have on lugnut per wheel?
I could hear somebody saying , "Wrong size"; over and over. Wrong lug nuts.

Red_October_7000
12-10-07, 04:11 AM
That'd be funny but aeroplanes have crashed because of someone putting the wrong size fastener on.
At any rate, I had a shop do this to me once; don't even remember why but I took off a center cap and found a lug nut missing (1 of 5). Made sure the remaining 4 were tight, drove the roughly 1 mile to the auto parts store, and bought a set of the locking kind. Not that anyone was apt to pinch my factory wheels, but it was cheaper than a set of minimum 16 lug nuts...

sikohsix
12-10-07, 04:25 AM
got-ta be mo' careful.

Fire and Ice
12-10-07, 12:17 PM
So after you saw that you'd already lost a lug on one of your drives, you took it back up to 75 because "everything seems okay"?

Have ya ever heard of he Darwin Awards?

HAHAHA!
Good one Spyder :histeric:

EcSTSatic
12-10-07, 01:25 PM
Just wanted to join into the roasting :p: I don't see the first part of the title "funny, almost killed myself" applying here. Glad you are okay!

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/mistakes.jpg

cadillacnick99sls
12-10-07, 04:20 PM
yeah everyone , wrong size lugs on car. Rim is fine. took caps off my 2007 deville rims that are going on in summer. thx for the cadillac roast. cadillacnick well done

zz_camaro_zz
12-10-07, 04:32 PM

Have ya ever heard of he Darwin Awards?:lol:

Destroyer
12-10-07, 09:21 PM
Almost losing your wheels isn't funny. What IS funny is that you actually got out of your car multiple times because you noticed that something is wrong, looked at the problem square in the face and kept going each time not thinking to......... I dunno maybe check the freigin' lugs?. Tell us you were under the influence of some drug or another and we can let this slide, tell us you are this way normally..................:thepan:

Gearheaad43
12-10-07, 09:45 PM
Almost losing your wheels isn't funny. What IS funny is that you actually got out of your car multiple times because you noticed that something is wrong, looked at the problem square in the face and kept going each time not thinking to......... I dunno maybe check the freigin' lugs?. Tell us you were under the influence of some drug or another and we can let this slide, tell us you are this way normally..................:thepan:

X2........ Did your Common Sense just fly out the window???????:hmm:

Spyder
12-10-07, 09:49 PM
Probably bounced along the freeway, right next to his nuts.

cadillacnick99sls
12-11-07, 08:47 AM
If you people really wanna know...Knocked my back out at work fri was on 3 and 1/2 vikes that day but that is no excuse for my lack of common sense. Im still on the f..in burner. laugh away ha ha ha ha ha . just think you could be reading this in the news paper or online. DECEMBER 9TH 2007...driver on L.I.E east bound exit 64 looses left front tire at high rate of speed flips car 3 times driver and passenger both doa at local hospital.(because dummy didnt check his lugs nuts) This sound about right? thanx,:ill: can i get some bbq sauce

yellowxhoodie
12-11-07, 12:39 PM
i wont roast. Just gonna say that this i why i always check my nuts after some one else works on the car. haha

Spyder
12-11-07, 01:10 PM
I just brought home some AMAZINGLY good bbq sauce from work last night, actually.

Soooooo, you think driving at a 100+mph after popping a bunch of pills was a good idea? Hmmmm...if you would have had a wheel come off and I wouldn't have blamed it on your mechanic. I'd have blamed your ass, then kicked it for putting MY life in jeopardy on that freeway.

cadillacnick99sls
12-11-07, 08:12 PM
Dont worry Spyder , you wont ever catch me out in cali with my car, your safety is not in jeapordy. Oh yeah and my friends in cali, smoke so much weed it amazes me they can still complete sentences and they are always driving. Ive been driving and routing trucks for over ten years. smoked out, drunk, on pills im still a better driver than 99.9% of the lab rats on the road. Thats a fact. Im an a hole for that stupid ass move I know this maaaaaaaaan. Maybe you can start up the grille in sacramento and ill come down to get bbqd be in cali this summer. Thanks buddy. I think im burnt by now

Spyder
12-11-07, 08:43 PM
I do make a mean tri tip.

cadillacnick99sls
12-11-07, 09:08 PM
yO SPYDER, GRILLE MASTER. Last time, I know i fd up with this stupid ass move. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR LUGS AFTER THE SHOP. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR LUGS AFTER THE SHOP ALWAYS CHECK YOUR LUGS AFTER THE SHOP DONT TAKE PAIN KILLERS AND DRIVE FAST DONT TAKE PAIN KILLERS AMD DRIVE FAST, got cha dawg. my mechanic asks me do i have problems with anyone basically saying some one loosened the lugs on my car. Those days long over have no problems with anyone, anymore. EVERYONE WELCOME AT THE "CADILLACNICK ROAST" currently WELL DONE/BURNT. thx spyder for your on going support :)

Spyder
12-11-07, 09:32 PM
Hey, I'm just saying I'll cook dinner for you when you come to California, ya.

Crap.