: just installed nitrous today. pics inside

caddyv8v
12-09-07, 02:53 PM
well i decided to do the nitrous install this weekend. really nice quality product and priced right as well. decided to go with the 75hp shot for now.

thefred
12-09-07, 02:59 PM
It looks nice. How does it run? Gee, do you think the guys over in service will void your warranty?:histeric:

rand49er
12-09-07, 03:34 PM
Clean install ... nice! :thumbsup:

Probably THE most inexpensive way to that kind of hp.

nikon
12-09-07, 03:45 PM
Thats it? It just sprays in above the filter??? How much and who makes it (link?)??? Looks fun :lildevil:

cts-v ls6
12-09-07, 07:29 PM
Nice job! Did you increase the size of your fuel injection nozzles or upgrade your fuel pump? Is this a dry or wet system? What hp shot is your install?

Jack

caddyv8v
12-09-07, 07:32 PM
here is the link. maybe 3 weeks ago they had a sale that included the upgraded pro series solenoid & free shipping. the whole kit to my door for under $300. just add your install time and fill the bottle...thats it. very cheap 50-125 hp at the rear wheels. anything over 75hp will require colder range spark plugs though.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/product.php?productid=16658&cat=365&page=1

caddyv8v
12-09-07, 07:36 PM
stock ls6/ls2 can handle 100hp shot dry with no additional upgrades. heck, when i had my ls1 gto and camaro ss, i ran 150hp shot and never had a problem. nitrous just requires common sense, never run more than the recommended amout and always be at wot 2nd gear and up.

caddyv8v
12-09-07, 07:39 PM
its hard to see in the pics, but it is just below the filter.

JonCR96Z
12-09-07, 07:45 PM
Well, how does it run?

Twitch
12-09-07, 08:12 PM
well i decided to do the nitrous install this weekend. really nice quality product and priced right as well. decided to go with the 75hp shot for now.

Been thinking about nitrous, but I dont know anything about it. I'd rarely use it, but its nice to know you have all that extra power if you want it.
Do you have a switch hooked up to your gas pedal?

Off topic, but do you have any more pics of your car? I'm thinking about getting the accessory wheels, but dont know how they'd look on a platnum V.

911ss
12-09-07, 08:24 PM
looking good, i had this kit on my camaro ss. laying down 600hp. im bout to pick up a kit for the v next.

peter simov
12-09-07, 09:01 PM
did u just hook it up to gas pedal and did u make any changes to your timing with the 75 shot

caddyv8v
12-09-07, 09:17 PM
no changes are required for the stock tune for the 50-75hp jets. i would advise a proper tune when running 100-150. oh, and the kit comes with a momentary switch that is mounted under the throttle pedal. quite slick actually. and lastly, i just finished the install, have not had a chance to run it yet...but i know there will be no disappointments. take care.

JonCR96Z
12-09-07, 09:30 PM
This was discussed last week on here, but you can't say it enough. Window switches really are needed in a manual car.

HiTechRV
12-09-07, 10:20 PM
In other words, it's a good idea to have a controller that limits the NOS operation to a window of RPM ranges, disabling it above and below.

JonCR96Z
12-09-07, 10:33 PM
Yeah. For that time when you miss a gear, but you're foot still goes to the floor.

peter simov
12-09-07, 10:55 PM
post sum results also could u eliminate the peddle switch and just make a button

randycsvt
12-09-07, 11:31 PM
Has anybody considered using a zex dry kit. I had one on my last car. It did not require any buttons or switches by the pedal. It ;earned the TPS votlage to know when you were at WOT.

I also agree that window switches are a must. MSD makes a nice electronic one for $90 that is really easy to use and make changes to on the fly. I would also recommend a fuel pressure cut off switch (shuts off nitrous if the fuel pressure gets too low).

Black Sunshine
12-10-07, 12:11 AM
I've hung around a lot of funny guys. They are always giggling. About the horsepower and rush. Some of the serious ones run up to 400 shots in their "street" cars.

Anyone I know that's serious about sprayin uses a spare racing gas tank and a "window" switch. That's about all I know. I'm FI.

Good reading.
http://www.azsupersport.com/hiddennitrous.asp
http://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Dean400hp
12-10-07, 09:17 AM
I'm assuming this squirts into air box, do you have to have a top on your box? being that most of us have after market air box that has no lid.....will it still work with this ?

Black Sunshine
12-10-07, 01:20 PM
No, but you sure will think it's funny.:histeric:

caddyv8v
12-10-07, 04:01 PM
It can be easily locked in place in a k&n style/type filter as well. i actually use a momentary switch that is on a coil cord. virtually eliminates the possibility of spraying outside of safe situations. i am able to hold it with the same hand i am shifting with.

JonCR96Z
12-10-07, 05:10 PM
I'm assuming this squirts into air box, do you have to have a top on your box? being that most of us have after market air box that has no lid.....will it still work with this ?

Why in the world would you get nitrous? You have too much power as it is. Give everyone else a chance, please! Wait a minute, so you're telling me that you're not above using performance enhancers? That answers alot of questions.

On a serious note. With a dry shot like this one, it has to be injected somewhere in between the filter and the mass air sensor. Not sure how much room you have in there. You may consider making a hole in the end of your filter and fitting a nozzle there.

Jon

LUVMY04V
12-11-07, 09:57 AM
Has anybody considered using a zex dry kit. I had one on my last car. It did not require any buttons or switches by the pedal. It ;earned the TPS votlage to know when you were at WOT.

I also agree that window switches are a must. MSD makes a nice electronic one for $90 that is really easy to use and make changes to on the fly. I would also recommend a fuel pressure cut off switch (shuts off nitrous if the fuel pressure gets too low).:thumbsup: I have a fpss and it is a must on any nitrous system IMO

I'm assuming this squirts into air box, do you have to have a top on your box? being that most of us have after market air box that has no lid.....will it still work with this ?yes just make sure that there is an even/accurate amout so the mass air can really tell the right amount of fuel to add (and tune the car!!)

Why in the world would you get nitrous? You have too much power as it is. Give everyone else a chance, please! Wait a minute, so you're telling me that you're not above using performance enhancers? That answers alot of questions.

On a serious note. With a dry shot like this one, it has to be injected somewhere in between the filter and the mass air sensor. Not sure how much room you have in there. You may consider making a hole in the end of your filter and fitting a nozzle there.

Jonzex makes a cone filter that looks like this http://www.zex.com/Base/Images/Products/400-220_EjectorAirAmp_001.jpg

VCAT
12-11-07, 06:23 PM
Now that looks a bit like mine :) for the guys with CAI this is what i did.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/123715-nitrous-pics-you-requested.html

SkullV
03-23-08, 11:12 PM
I am looking at buying the Harris Speed Works nitrous kit from this thread. I was just wondering if anyone has a coupon code for them so I can get it a little cheaper?

type911
03-23-08, 11:32 PM
FUN!!!!! Their stuff is so inexpensive. Makes it hard not to pull the trigger.

Natedog
03-24-08, 01:38 AM
so in addition to the kit listed above, the only other things you need are NGK TR6 plugs, a window switch, and a tune?

type911
03-24-08, 06:35 AM
so in addition to the kit listed above, the only other things you need are NGK TR6 plugs, a window switch, and a tune?

Tune is always nice but not necessary with stock tune unless going over 100 shot.

Kashed
03-24-08, 10:46 AM
$300, does that include the bottle?

SkullV
03-24-08, 11:32 AM
Right now it looks like $319 shipped with everything but a window switch...and its another $60 for the purge....I am just looking for a code for it to be a LITTLE cheaper...otherwise I'm gonna order tonight I think

LUVMY04V
03-24-08, 11:37 AM
Right now it looks like $319 shipped with everything but a window switch...and its another 20 for the purge....I am just looking for a code for it to be a LITTLE cheaper...otherwise I'm gonna order tonight I thinkare you still under warrenty?? thats why i sold the kit i had on my 03 cts :(

you should have bought that and had a crap ton of extras :yup:

SkullV
03-24-08, 11:39 AM
are you still under warrenty?? thats why i sold the kit i had on my 03 cts :(

you should have bought that and had a crap ton of extras :yup:

Yes, still under warranty. That is why I am looking at a dry kit that goes into my air filter. It would take me about 10 min to rip the ENTIRE thing out for warranty work!

LUVMY04V
03-24-08, 11:49 AM
Yes, still under warranty. That is why I am looking at a dry kit that goes into my air filter. It would take me about 10 min to rip the ENTIRE thing out for warranty work!
yeah. i should have just bought a diffrent nozzle and sold the fuel soelonoid and had a sweet ass dry kit. But yeah it would take a while to unhook the remote opener...heater... electric gauge.... purge. fpss..window switch ..etc . LOL yeah it took about 4 hrs and takes a crap ton of wires for all that too :rant2: so that makes sence

benelliwang
03-24-08, 12:00 PM
I would seriously consider the following for insurance:
1. A rpm window switch. The "too soon Jr" button is for ricers, get a proper arming switch and a window switch.
2. TR6 plugs, it is 2 steps colder then stock plugs and it helps to prevent knock.
3. Get the car tuned to reduce a little timing or get a timing tuner so you can step down timing when you spray. Or you can add race gas when you spray. Insurance Insurance Insurance.
4. Have a huge yellow sticky that says "take out traction control". Imaging you are spraying and loose traction, the PCM cuts fuel to reduce spinning, but the 70 shot of nitrous is still coming in but there is no fuel. Have O2 but no fuel = knock. Do it too much = cracked piston or speed holes on the block

I am no found of dry shots because you are asking the MAF to sense the added oxygen and letting the PCM to compensate for that. I've always used the wet set up so I can control the fuel as well. Good luck and enjoy your new found power.

LUVMY04V
03-24-08, 12:15 PM
I would seriously consider the following for insurance:
1. A rpm window switch. The "too soon Jr" button is for ricers, get a proper arming switch and a window switch.
2. TR6 plugs, it is 2 steps colder then stock plugs and it helps to prevent knock.
3. Get the car tuned to reduce a little timing or get a timing tuner so you can step down timing when you spray. Or you can add race gas when you spray. Insurance Insurance Insurance.
4. Have a huge yellow sticky that says "take out traction control". Imaging you are spraying and loose traction, the PCM cuts fuel to reduce spinning, but the 70 shot of nitrous is still coming in but there is no fuel. Have O2 but no fuel = knock. Do it too much = cracked piston or speed holes on the block

I am no found of dry shots because you are asking the MAF to sense the added oxygen and letting the PCM to compensate for that. I've always used the wet set up so I can control the fuel as well. Good luck and enjoy your new found power.

espically that one!!:bighead: I did that twice.....you woulnt believe how dumb you can get when a rustang pulls up next to you and you cant wait to show him what a base model cts can do :cool: then you about crap your pants and thank god you have a fpss

oh and here comes the dry vs wet argument Oh god help us

CT-CTSV
04-22-08, 03:26 PM
I am also looking into the Harris Nitrous Special. For $289 for a complete kit without a purge system, that seems to be a steal. The main question I have is how do you make sure your nitrous is ONLY turned on during accelerations of 2rd gear or higher? Is there an electronic computer that will tell the nitrous when to spray? It seems that the switch under the pedal would activate in EVERY gear, thus running higher risks at WOT. I am new to Nitrous and am seriously considering this kit for the money. I guess with a purge kit and the controller interface would help? I am just wondering how you could actually keep it disabled during 1st gear acceleration, but flick the toggle switch after you hit 2nd. Is there an easier way?

heavymetals
04-22-08, 03:57 PM
Kind of like making a foolproof gernade. :histeric:

The Tony Show
04-22-08, 04:02 PM
Be careful you don't exceed the recommended manifold pressure- you could blow the rivets out of your floorboard.

shadybx7
04-23-08, 01:24 AM
Be careful you don't exceed the recommended manifold pressure- you could blow the rivets out of your floorboard.

:rolleyes:that only happens in neon green eclipse's with tribal graphics

Mystical_Ice
04-23-08, 01:37 AM
but i think the real question is - can i have a laptop mounted on my dash with a full engine management system to manage the "NOS"? ;)

hehe

M5eatr
04-23-08, 06:19 PM
You also got to get the "NOS" stickers. Apply to the front quarters and the rear windows......they are good for another 15-16 hp each....at the wheels.

I have to get me a setup. I can run the unadulturated nitrous, and I have a large supply. I could wind up being spay happy though.

SkullV
06-04-09, 12:24 AM
Well I finally ordered the kit! I am very excited to get this nitrous thing going!

FactoryFast
06-04-09, 02:18 AM
Short Version:

LSX guys mess with nitrous way too much for me to pass on this opportunity.

Long winded:

I just got finished driving my girlfriends 2006 325i for the last few days to switch things up a bit. I love the way that car feels and shifts but 215hp/186tq just doesnt cut it anymore...plus I dont like how my right leg rests on the center console....just like in my R32. Im way more comfortable in the CTS. I did 27mpg in the 3 series compared to 19 in the V...meh.

I really dislike the transmission in the V but im too upside down on the loan so im stuck with it. Im gonna try doing some sort of shifter and drive the car for at least another year.

Anyway, im keeping the car for a while...and since I spent about Nineteen Thousand Dollars on Forced Induction in my last car only to have an emotionally variable outcome you can bet im going to look HARD at the alternative...nitrous.

Ive done alot of reading on this power adder and im pumped to do it. Equi-pumped theres a local guy who does this mod to this engine. Expertise is exactly what you need on this venture...good luck Skull, nice install. Tell us what you think when you get a chance. I gotta go cuddle up with an angry gf now...lata

nmaier2201
06-04-09, 11:03 AM
I may be out of line here, but the pics by caddyv8v have his NOS piped into the airbox.... every setup I have had with the gas I put the nozzle AFTER the MAF, as NOS will ruin your MAF. It may be different with just a dry kit, as I've only used wet kits, but I am pretty confident that NOS spells disaster to MAF sensor over a short time.

945liter
06-04-09, 11:15 AM
Spraying a dry kit AFTER a MAF is disaster there is no way to add fuel, a wet kit correct is usually couple inches in front of the T/B or possibly behind with a plate.