: Why is it...

AMGoff
12-08-07, 12:35 PM
That big, not-so-attractive girls have really great personalities and really cute, not-so-big girls have the personality of a wet paper bag?

You know, I really should have wasted at least part of my time in college becoming a sociological anthropologist so I could have the wherewithal to trace this phenomena back to it's roots.

The wife sent me up to get milk and a few other sundries this morning so I went up to one of a local chain of dairy/convenience stores. We always joke because the mascot/logo of the chain is, well... a cow (I wonder what junior-level marketing exec thought that one up...), so because of which our nicknames for some of the girls in there include "moo-cow," "brown-cow," "dumb-cow," etc... I know it's horrible, but we can be horrible people sometimes... well... I can, the wife laughs but usually yells at me, but c'mon... some of these are pretty big girls (and the occasional guy)! There are however a couple really cute little things that work in there as well.

The difference in personalities is night and day... these two in particular that were working this morning... The one's demeanor is fun, outgoing, sassy, flirty, and vivacious... but my goodness is she one trucker of a woman. Now I make no attempts to hide the fact that I am a shallow man... I like pretty things... all I can think when I interact with this girl is - "I might flirt with you, but I wouldn't touch you with a 12-1/2ft pole even if that had a glove on the end of it..." This girl BTW, is affectionately known as "moo-cow."

Now, this other girl is this really cute, petite little thing... I've always had a predisposition for petite girls (which is funny because I ended up marrying an amazon - well, not really... she's only 5'11," but when she puts heels on she's taller than me! anyway, off topic..) But my god... what a miserable little twit... I mean, this girl would seriously make Henry Kissinger look like the life of a party. I may be shallow, but chitty personalities are a big turn off as well.

I know this is a generalization... but it's a common theme I see everywhere.

As much as I may complain about her, I did realize a long time ago that I lucked out with my wife - decent disposition, very easy on the eyes, and a great set of legs.

But honestly... It's been so long that I don't even know how you single guys do it these days. Dating wasn't all that fun 15-20 years ago, I can only imagine what it's like these days.

*Disclaimer... this was by no means meant to be offensive to our lovely ladies of the boards. In fact I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why other's of your persuasion act the way they do...

Jesda
12-08-07, 12:59 PM
I haven't officially dated in almost a couple years. I just find cars, studies, and reading to be more appealing at the moment. I'll probably change my mind soon. There are women in my life who talk about what our kids may look like and such.

http://www.hollyscoop.com/BlogImages/79403733---kelly_clarkson_trl.jpg
Also, the older I get, the bigger I like them. Not Hummer H1 big, but some round bits here and there are nice.

CadillacSTS42005
12-08-07, 01:35 PM
um
mines smart good looking and has a great personality?

AMGoff
12-08-07, 02:58 PM
I haven't officially dated in almost a couple years. I just find cars, studies, and reading to be more appealing at the moment. I'll probably change my mind soon. There are women in my life who talk about what our kids may look like and such.

http://www.hollyscoop.com/BlogImages/79403733---kelly_clarkson_trl.jpg
Also, the older I get, the bigger I like them. Not Hummer H1 big, but some round bits here and there are nice.

LOL... are you saying your kid would look like Kelly or are you saying that's what you're more into?!?

Frankly, I totally get where you're coming from... had I not gotten married right out of college then I'd probably have done the same. Anymore these days it seems those who end up waiting longer to get married tend to have more successful relationships in the long run. Although we still have a ways to go in the grand scheme of things, I'd say the wife and I have been pretty lucky... there were a few people who kind of questioned us for doing so, so young. What benefitted us was the fact that we both were set in our ways (stubbornly as well) at a young age and we just so happened to mesh very well, our personalities compare to and contrast with each other in such a way that it just works. But like I said, we were lucky... I wholeheartedly believe that the reason half the marriages in this country end in divorce is that too many people rush into it before they're absolute in who they are and what they want, that and they just don't take the sacrament seriously.

But either way, you've got the right gameplan... focus on what makes you happy, everything else has a way of falling into place.

um
mines smart good looking and has a great personality?

Good Lord... Like I said... I'm talking in general... a generalization from observation, a common theme, a trend... that is, it doesn't pertain to 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Not to question or by any means put a damper on your puppy-love or make any assumptions to what the future may hold but, she's what... just turned 20? There's no reason she should have a sour disposition and not only that, but just from what I can pick up on here about you I'd doubt you'd have ever asked her out to begin with if she wasn't attractive. Like I said, I'm shallow... I know for a fact I would have never even asked out my wife if she weren't attractive... I'm just lucky she's held up so well :hide: Needless to say, you too were lucky and I hope things continue to work out for you both, just get back to me in five or ten years...

CadillacSTS42005
12-08-07, 03:05 PM
lol i was messin with you no need for the attack
and ive been with her for 3 years thank you and have gone through alot that if i was just in it for looks id of left her...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-07, 03:05 PM
Because beautifiul women know their looks alone are enough to catch guys attention. Not so beautifiul ones have to work on their persona to attract and keep men.

I know it seems shallow, but it's what I've seemed to notice, all the way from high school to now.

I'm in the same boat as Jesda too, when it comes to the dating scene.

AMGoff
12-08-07, 05:14 PM
lol i was messin with you no need for the attack
and ive been with her for 3 years thank you and have gone through alot that if i was just in it for looks id of left her...

That wasn't an attack at all... all I said was that there's no reason a 20 years old shouldn't have a cheery disposition and that you probably wouldn't have asked her out to begin with if she wasn't good-looking... I'm not sure how that was at all offensive.

I'm not doubting that you love her nor am I necessarily saying it's not "meant to be," in fact I sincerely, honestly hope that you indeed lucky enough to have found "the one," but I've also seen enough to know things/people change. I won't ever dismiss anyone's relationship, but you'll have to forgive me if I can't make a serious comparison between a teenage romance and any couple with 13 years of domestic squabbles, money problems/worrying about making a mortgage payment or the electric bill, family problems, work problems, etc... just like I can't also make any sort of comparison between a couple with 13 years of marriage and one with 30/40/50 years of marriage.

Sorry, but I've never been one to sugar coat things.

Because beautifiul women know their looks alone are enough to catch guys attention. Not so beautifiul ones have to work on their persona to attract and keep men.

I know it seems shallow, but it's what I've seemed to notice, all the way from high school to now.

I'd tend to agree with you in general... I remember when I was around your age, whenever I would bring some little chippy home, my Dad would always tell me, "Boy, don't count out the big-uns... they're eager to please and you'll never go hungry..."

BTW - now that I think about it, what ever happened to that girl you were talking to?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-07, 11:29 PM
BTW - now that I think about it, what ever happened to that girl you were talking to?

Which one was that.....? I haven't mentioned any women I've met on here for quite a while.

Adam, I suppose you would be able to get a good perspective on this type of stuff considering your occupation.

MN-STS-LOVER
12-09-07, 01:19 AM

Spot on Chad! "beautiful people" tend to be priviledged (the whole gene pool thing) so they never have to work at getting what they want or have attention paid to them. As for the others, they have to hone their social skills from day one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-09-07, 01:28 AM
Yep, I can remember so many very good looking girls from high school that were either really shy, or really stuck up and conceited because they knew they had it easy and never really had to be that nice, affable or personable to get the attention from the guys. It's a shame too, because they could push around and manipulate us and we'd keep coming back (pun intended) for more, hoping for atleast SOME attention.

Jesda
12-09-07, 10:34 AM
I was a bully in high school. To everyone. Including the hot girls, the ugly girls, and some of my teachers (but still had tremendous respect for the teachers that were good at their jobs).

As for Kelly Clarkson, she's been talking to me about marriage and children. I don't know if I'm ready yet, but she is. I also like her hips when they're bigger. Way cuter than her 2005 skin-and-bones era.

On a more serious note, I have noticed that conversations with female friends tend to include words like "kids" and "career" and "wouldn't they be cute" and "Imagine if our children had my looks and your brains". 26 years old. 30 is coming. The ladies want to latch on before they become old maids, but I'm not biting! Its great being a guy. We're still viable even when our hair turns gray.

Destroyer
12-09-07, 04:26 PM
Yeah, telling everyone you are just taking it easy dating when in fact your Mercedes and Rover driving arses cant get a date!. Get off your arses and get some dates!. You guys are both so young and you are wasting it!. ;):banghead:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-09-07, 07:01 PM
After having to pay for the payments and some repairs, I don't have any money to do anything else!