: 99 STS Turbo charged video

MARK99STS
12-06-07, 03:41 PM
Ok, I finally got the video of my track run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLV8UfQKbg

Enjoy

HITMONEY
12-06-07, 04:10 PM
AWESOME!!

:worship:

:highfive:

FrankT
12-06-07, 04:32 PM
:burn:Real Nice! Congrats! Looks like you could give an 07 STS V a run for it's money.:burn:

Cadillacboy
12-06-07, 04:54 PM
Amazing stuff just amazing !
:highfive: :thumbsup:

CadillacSTS42005
12-06-07, 05:21 PM
STS-V i believe is 12-13?

oh yeah and WOAH!

i want my 03 to be that fast...

Lebowski
12-06-07, 05:23 PM
Great job. The first comment is from me. How many hp does the turbo charger add?:yup:

FrankT
12-06-07, 09:00 PM
[quote=CadillacSTS2003;1319270]STS-V i believe is 12-13?
quote]
Yea, I think u r right, that's why I said a good run for the money, not beat it. My 99 STS feels so slow :( after driving a STS V.

MARK99STS
12-06-07, 10:14 PM
Great job. The first comment is from me. How many hp does the turbo charger add?:yup:

I think I could beat the STS-V without a problem as I was spinning thru most of 1st gear as I couldn't hook because the track was very cold.

I haven't put the car on a dyno yet but we are estimating about 600hp at the crank given the MPH and the weight of the car.

Crown Vic Owner
12-06-07, 11:50 PM
I raise my girlfriend and my left leg for your car.
I wont need either if i have your car. Drool.

Seriously, thats one sick ass caddy.

caddydaddy
12-08-07, 10:56 PM
Damn! That was quick! That Scion was suckin' Northstar fumes the whole way down the track!

darien99
12-09-07, 08:50 PM
That's awesome. When do you guys want to turbocharge my '95 sts? :D

AlBundy
12-09-07, 10:57 PM
MARK99STS, If its not a problem could you post your video on Google video as well?

msta293412
12-10-07, 09:30 AM
Shows what a Northy can do with a few mods....unreal!

zacillac1988
09-29-08, 05:27 PM
i have one question, how much does that cost ????

Submariner409
09-29-08, 06:32 PM
By the time all's said and done, in excess of $12,500, and that work was begun a year or more ago. It is a one-off custom job from start to finish.

MARK99STS
09-29-08, 08:58 PM
Submariner is very close as it was around $12,000 when all said and done.

alexleesalinas
03-31-09, 10:13 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before:confused:...but has anybody looked at the Universal STS Turbo?

http://www.ststurbo.com/

CadillacSTS42005
03-31-09, 10:22 PM
yea
and that would be great
if you could find someone who has hacked the OBD2 fwd N* to adjust timing/fuel ratios...

AJxtcman
03-31-09, 11:12 PM
yea
and that would be great
if you could find someone who has hacked the OBD2 fwd N* to adjust timing/fuel ratios...
I can do that :stirpot:

alexleesalinas
04-01-09, 12:09 AM
AJ...If I get it installed with no changes to the OBD2...Will it still work but not to it full potential? or Changes have to be made?
What has to be done for some of us that are interested to get done?:bouncy:
:thumbsup:

Raze
04-01-09, 01:55 PM
AJ...If I get it installed with no changes to the OBD2...Will it still work but not to it full potential? or Changes have to be made?

If you knew anything about how an internal combustion engine works, forgetting for a moment forced induction, you would know why that's a pretty funny question...

OBD2 is not the computer, it simply refers to the standard for the On-Board Diagnositc (generation 2) system for automobiles...

What has to be done for some of us that are interested to get done?:bouncy:
:thumbsup:

Alot of Money or alot of Knowledge, or some semblance of both, which is up to you...

Submariner409
04-01-09, 03:50 PM
A 99 STS will need a complete engine rebuild and head stud kit for starters. Also rebuild the transmission and use DEXRON-VI fluid. THEN you can start to work up the turbo install, that alone about $6000 - 8000 in specialized parts, brackets, piping, labor. By the time you get the PCM maps modified enough to run the thing, you'll be into the car for a little over $14,000. One of the bugaboos is the precious little room to work with, either front, engine, under, or rear.

Remember the "Gosh, gee whiz, wow, awesome" DTS that was converted to RWD with a 472 engine last year ????? It must be a really great, reliable car to drive because it's for sale, again.

Raze
04-01-09, 10:04 PM
A 99 STS will need a complete engine rebuild and head stud kit for starters. Also rebuild the transmission and use DEXRON-VI fluid. THEN you can start to work up the turbo install, that alone about $6000 - 8000 in specialized parts, brackets, piping, labor. By the time you get the PCM maps modified enough to run the thing, you'll be into the car for a little over $14,000. One of the bugaboos is the precious little room to work with, either front, engine, under, or rear.

Remember the "Gosh, gee whiz, wow, awesome" DTS that was converted to RWD with a 472 engine last year ????? It must be a really great, reliable car to drive because it's for sale, again.

Sub, I pieced together a whole setup including a piggy I belive will work that'd be good for 7psi min for $1400, didn't include engine or trans upgrades, but would get you going and tuned, albeit at a higher CR than I would personally run under pressure...

32vmonte
04-01-09, 10:19 PM
Sub, I pieced together a whole setup including a piggy I belive will work that'd be good for 7psi min for $1400, didn't include engine or trans upgrades, but would get you going and tuned, albeit at a higher CR than I would personally run under pressure...

A perfect power SMT6 piggy back would work for sure on a 96. IDK about the rest of the years tho.

Also sub, why would you say to use DEXRON-VI fluid for the transmission after the rebuild. Is it better than what was in it before.

My 96 uses dex-3 I believe, Is there a benefit to use dex-6?

Also is it true you can use anything that is dexron-3 and up in my transmission or is that wrong?

Submariner409
04-01-09, 10:57 PM
At this point I'd say that the differences between DEXRON-VI and -III are in the eye of the beholder. There's a LOT of -III on the store shelves, but -VI is the up and coming thing.

The reason I suggested -VI is that, with a new transmission, it's the time to go with a newer heavy duty fluid.

Just as with dino or synthetic-altered lube oils, it's your call.

Destroyer
04-02-09, 12:29 AM
Damn! That was quick! That Scion was suckin' Northstar fumes the whole way down the track!Don't ruin the moment, I'm sure there were no faint smells of coolant the whole way down the track.
:eek::thumbsup:

Destroyer
04-02-09, 12:31 AM
Ok, I finally got the video of my track run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLV8UfQKbg

EnjoyGreat run! 12.5 second run is impressive! Nice mph's too!:thumbsup:

alexleesalinas
04-02-09, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Raze;1829483]If you knew anything about how an internal combustion engine works, forgetting for a moment forced induction, you would know why that's a pretty funny question...

If I new anything about how an internal combustion engine works, not forgetting for a moment forced induction, I wouldn't be asking the question...:thepan: I believe that is why we are here... to ask, find out, and learn from others knowledge, experiences, and mistakes.:alchi:

Difference between N* vs LS1 Camaro ?.....Two Guys Garage did the install in a Camaro with no complete engine rebuild nor head stud kit. STS advertises that it can be installed on any car....Are N* not built tuff enough to support a turbo if possible? (probably another pretty funny question with a guaranty for us to learn something):thumbsup:

Submariner409
04-02-09, 04:44 PM
STS sells generic turbo kits. What's in the box is only the smallest tip of the iceberg.

In regard to your question ".......N* not built tuff enough......" No, they're not. To adapt a N* to forced induction the first thing would be to pull the heads and use Jakes head studs to make pretty sure the gaskets won't blow. N*'s use somewhere around 10:1 compression, so that should come down a point or more. Then you have to get with AJ and work out a new fuel map. Then you pray, and don't expect the car to be a daily driver.

alexleesalinas
04-02-09, 05:11 PM
STS sells generic turbo kits. What's in the box is only the smallest tip of the iceberg.

In regard to your question ".......N* not built tuff enough......" No, they're not. To adapt a N* to forced induction the first thing would be to pull the heads and use Jakes head studs to make pretty sure the gaskets won't blow. N*'s use somewhere around 10:1 compression, so that should come down a point or more. Then you have to get with AJ and work out a new fuel map. Then you pray, and don't expect the car to be a daily driver.

:eek: Thanks for the INFO

Raze
04-02-09, 05:48 PM
I believe that is why we are here... to ask, find out, and learn from others knowledge, experiences, and mistakes.:alchi:

Search = Friend:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/104954-performance-parts-mega-post.html

alexleesalinas
04-03-09, 01:43 PM
Search = Friend:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/104954-performance-parts-mega-post.html

Nice, Thanks:thumbsup: