: Found this Katech Shifter if anyone is interested

Flyboy
12-06-07, 02:04 PM
New and improved for 2008. Shifter noise problems have been 100% eliminated with our new 2-piece design. There is no increase in price over the previous 1 piece shifter. Reduce shifter travel by 30%. It is made from stainless steel and includes detailed instructions and all the parts you need to install.

KAT-A3736
$249.99

http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/images/engine_products/KAT-A3736_1.JPG
http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/images/engine_products/KAT-A3736_2.JPG

pimpcaddy
12-06-07, 02:16 PM
Is the Katech shifter the only replacement that has the threaded end?

TIA,

Dave

ZEUSROTTY
12-06-07, 02:17 PM
I have it installed on mine and its Very nice. No noise at all... Clean tight shifts with the uuc bushings, and ls7 clutch flywheel and pp

Twitch
12-06-07, 03:33 PM
Im interested. Want a new shifter, but the UUC is too much $$$.

Whats the website, just Katech.com?

trukk
12-06-07, 04:04 PM
Im interested. Want a new shifter, but the UUC is too much $$$.

Whats the website, just Katech.com?
I love my UUC, but I bet the KaTech piece is nice too. I love their TB I had.

Link to the new shifter:

http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/engine_parts_detail.php?id=28

-Chris

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
12-06-07, 04:08 PM
I have it installed on mine and its Very nice. No noise at all... Clean tight shifts with the uuc bushings, and ls7 clutch flywheel and pp

Does the shifter come with a tap kit in order to put your shift knob back on? thought I saw that somewhere....

BrianTX
12-06-07, 09:55 PM
What exactly is required to install one of these? I'm not a complete idiot with a set of tools but, well perhaps not far from it ;)

ZEUSROTTY
12-06-07, 11:18 PM
What exactly is required to install one of these? I'm not a complete idiot with a set of tools but, well perhaps not far from it ;)

yes it does

atdeneve
12-07-07, 11:04 AM
Two piece design, with isolating rubber / urethane material sandwiched in between the male and female rods. Hmm, looks familiar.

UUC.

Minus 150 bones.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
12-07-07, 11:32 AM
Two piece design, with isolating rubber / urethane material sandwiched in between the male and female rods. Hmm, looks familiar.

UUC.

Minus 150 bones.

UUC shifter and $30.00 polly mount bushings (that are a must have regardless of which shifter you get) comes to $399.00 and you dont need a tap kit (included in the Katech kit) to reattatch your shift knob. over 200 happy (I hope!!) customers and counting with the original 2 piece shifter.

ZEUSROTTY
12-07-07, 01:42 PM
So really one extra step, =110 bones for another mad with the bushings? Thats why I have a katech w/uuc... Im not trying to bash uuc but it is about time someone came out with a product as good as it without the heavy handed price tag. Even the price of these bushings is pretty high for what they are. They are good, but for a few pieces of polyuerathane? If Id known what they amounted to, I woulda gone to home depot and figured it out myself.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
12-07-07, 02:03 PM
nor am I bashing Katech just protecting my brand that I consider top shelf and worth the extra.....Zeus you and I need to have a beer or 2, we bump heads way to often!!

Twitch
12-07-07, 02:59 PM
nor am I bashing Katech just protecting my brand that I consider top shelf and worth the extra.....Zeus you and I need to have a beer or 2, we bump heads way to often!!

Well, I'm not trying to bash anybody,,,but I do wanna get in on some beers. :sneaky:

ZEUSROTTY
12-07-07, 03:53 PM

Oh dude, no worries man... I really dont feel like were butting heads... Not at all... UUC is quality stuff...

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
12-07-07, 04:21 PM
Oh dude, no worries man... I really dont feel like were butting heads... Not at all... UUC is quality stuff...

didnt want you or anyone to feel like I was bad mouthing the shifter you chose, just sticking up for my product. why dont you call and buy somthing from me it will make us both feel better! :stirpot: (rear strut brace)

The Tony Show
12-07-07, 07:51 PM
Reverse engineered products always come in cheaper than the originals. Katech is a class outfit (from what I've seen), but that looks like a UUC piece with a Katech logo on it.

I'm happy to have paid a little extra for the original, PLUS the fantastic service from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. :thumbsup:

ZEUSROTTY
12-07-07, 09:58 PM
Reverse engineered products always come in cheaper than the originals. Katech is a class outfit (from what I've seen), but that looks like a UUC piece with a Katech logo on it.

I'm happy to have paid a little extra for the original, PLUS the fantastic service from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. :thumbsup:

okay.

ZEUSROTTY
12-07-07, 09:59 PM
didnt want you or anyone to feel like I was bad mouthing the shifter you chose, just sticking up for my product. why dont you call and buy somthing from me it will make us both feel better! :stirpot: (rear strut brace)

i just bought bushings from you! brace will be January.