: Patron Tequila

eldorado99
12-05-07, 11:51 PM
I am enjoying a glass of Patron Anejo (Can't afford the Gran Patron @ $300.00 a bottle) and it has to be hands down the best sipping tequila I've ever tried. Anyone tried any of their "Pyrat Rum" or other Patron products? How were they?

nikon
12-06-07, 12:04 AM
Little young aren't you??

Either way I can't ever remember sipping tequila....just shots, usually with training wheels.

eldorado99
12-06-07, 12:20 AM
The legal drinking age where I live is not 21 if that is what you mean. Yeah shots are fine and good if you're looking for a buzz the way I see it. Sometimes that is great and all, but this is more of a quiet evening after dinner thing, too expensive to waste on partying at any rate.

Spyder
12-06-07, 12:30 AM
Don't buy in to the hype of Patron. It's crap. Tasty but WAY over priced. My hands down favorite is Milagro, in the rested, or Reposado variety. Don Abraham is excellent as well and the best daily drinking tequila in the world is Cazadores. :D

eldorado99
12-06-07, 12:48 AM
Don't buy in to the hype of Patron. It's crap. Tasty but WAY over priced. My hands down favorite is Milagro, in the rested, or Reposado variety. Don Abraham is excellent as well and the best daily drinking tequila in the world is Cazadores. :D

I agree it is overpriced, but it is quite good. I'll have to keep an eye out for the other brands you mentioned. I don't plan on paying $100+ a bottle very often so a change would be welcome. I have tried a few other slightly above low-end brands which I did not mind. Sauza Hornitos sticks out in my mind, which I believe is a Resposado. It was certainly better than Cuervo.

HITMONEY
12-06-07, 02:08 AM
I sell 2 cases of Patron Silver a week, and a few bottles of Patron Anjeo.

Behind Johnny Walker Black and Grey Goose it is my third best seller.

Don Julio is also a good tequila.

Cadillacboy
12-06-07, 08:54 AM
Jack Daniels lol

RunningOnEMT
12-06-07, 09:11 AM
I am enjoying a glass of Patron Anejo (Can't afford the Gran Patron @ $300.00 a bottle) and it has to be hands down the best sipping tequila I've ever tried. Anyone tried any of their "Pyrat Rum" or other Patron products? How were they?

patron is at best a DECENT sipping tequila... AT BEST

get yoruself a bottle of Don Julio 1942 or Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia they are a little more at about 130-150$/bottle

the Don Julio will knock your socks off if you like the patron, and the Jose, thats my fallback if i cant find the don julio

and if you really wanna get adventurous, get some Lapis tequila, i don't know if they are importing their anejo anymore but even their clear tequila is awesome

its a triangular blue bottle

blunted
12-06-07, 12:11 PM
I'm a fan.. its the only thing I will do a shot of.

AMGoff
12-06-07, 01:25 PM
There is no such thing as "sipping tequila," tequila is for frat boys and their slutty dates, and those south of the border...

Whisky, bourbon, scotch, cognac... those are "sipping" spirits.

RunningOnEMT
12-06-07, 01:29 PM
There is no such thing as "sipping tequila," tequila is for frat boys and their slutty dates, and those south of the border...

i highly beg to differ...stop on by virginia and i'll change your mind with some Lapis Gold

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 01:36 PM

Tequilla is the drink of the Gods:worship:

Drink your shit grain alchohol,I bet you have a mullet:want:and a Billy Ray Cirus 8 track tape in your pickup.

Don't get me started on your sister:thepan:

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 01:37 PM
patron is at best a DECENT sipping tequila... AT BEST

get yoruself a bottle of Don Julio 1942 or Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia they are a little more at about 130-150$/bottle

the Don Julio will knock your socks off if you like the patron, and the Jose, thats my fallback if i cant find the don julio

and if you really wanna get adventurous, get some Lapis tequila, i don't know if they are importing their anejo anymore but even their clear tequila is awesome

its a triangular blue bottle
We might have been seperated at birth:yup:

Spyder
12-06-07, 02:26 PM
AMGoff, there most certainly are sipping tequilas. That's like saying that because you've only had Evan Walker there are no sipping whiskeys, or because you've only had Erk and Jerk Brandy there are no sipping cognacs...

For the price, you can't beat Cazadores. For a few bucks more and a whole lot more hunting around because its hard to find, you can't beat Milagro. About 30 a bottle for the Caza, around here, and about 35 for the Milagro Reposado.

nickc50310
12-06-07, 02:33 PM
I bought a $50 bottle of patron once and that shit was HORRIBLE! Im no sis either, I can drink anything. I mean I would drink Patron still....

Im not a huge tequila drinker unless someone else wants to do shots or some womenz wants it. We all know what tequila does to the womenz. I like to call it "Insta Hoe".

Anyway, I have heard from true tequila drinkers that Patron is garbage for the most part. Maybe the VERY expensive stuff is good but I dont know.

AMGoff
12-06-07, 02:43 PM
Drink your shit grain alchohol,I bet you have a mullet:want:and a Billy Ray Cirus 8 track tape in your pickup.

Don't get me started on your sister:thepan:

So says a man from Kansas.

Rolex
12-06-07, 02:55 PM
I'd also prefer a glass of bourbon with a couple of slightly melted ice cubes. :D

lawfive
12-06-07, 03:01 PM
I have Patron Anejo in San Francisco and Don Julio 1942 in L.A., but only for guests. About once a year I try some, just to reassure myself that I don't like the taste of tequila. I'll drink almost any other spirit, but my faves are a few good ol' Bourbons and a few nice single malt Scotches.

RunningOnEMT
12-06-07, 03:07 PM
i definitely blame jerry for my current addiction to macallan 12... or older

set out a DOF glass with 3 cubes for 10 minutes to melt a little and pour myself 2 fingers to end the night just right

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 06:32 PM
So says a man from Kansas.Dude serious?Wheres the creativity in your post?I left myself wide open:helpless:.Jersey?I bet you talk funny:sneaky:

AMGoff
12-06-07, 09:07 PM
Dude serious?Wheres the creativity in your post?I left myself wide open:helpless:.Jersey?I bet you talk funny:sneaky:

eh... you're from Kansas... it's not like there's that much to work with...

BTW - If you think I sound like some New Yorker and say things like "Joisee," you're sooo off-base.

Either way, move somewhere more interesting and/or colorful and I'll get back to you :thumbsup:

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 09:44 PM
Thats better,nothing pisses me off more than a lack of effort.I see your into 4x4's,how many transvestites will your Wagoneer carry.

Spyder
12-06-07, 10:24 PM
Oh, for christ's sake. Are you people going to get EVERY goddamned thread locked this week?!

RightTurn
12-06-07, 10:30 PM
^^ lol @ Spyder. :alchi:

AMGoff
12-06-07, 10:36 PM
Thats better,nothing pisses me off more than a lack of effort.I see your into 4x4's,how many transvestites will your Wagoneer carry.

About two less than will fit up your... oh wait, we're trying to not get this thread closed...

Oh, for christ's sake. Are you people going to get EVERY goddamned thread locked this week?!

Oh lighten up will you... you pick the oddest times to be serious.

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 10:40 PM
We're just having fun

cvettr/cts-v
12-06-07, 10:45 PM
the best tasting sipping tequilla i tried is lapinta pomegranate infused tequilla cheap in mexico $23.00 us a bottle but hard to find in the midwest and about $47.00 and up if you can find. a couple ice cbes and sipping is great and smooth with no tequilla afterbite.

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 10:55 PM
the best tasting sipping tequilla i tried is lapinta pomegranate infused tequilla cheap in mexico $23.00 us a bottle but hard to find in the midwest and about $47.00 and up if you can find. a couple ice cbes and sipping is great and smooth with no tequilla afterbite.
I'll give it a try if I find it.:bouncy:

cvettr/cts-v
12-06-07, 11:02 PM
the importer is tequilla's premium . com midwest distributor is wein brauer in chicago. kansa distributor according to them is glaser?

DILLIGAF
12-06-07, 11:10 PM
I'm sure I'll be able to find it or order it here.We can get anything we want here in Kansas.All the extra shit we don't want or need we send to Jersey.

87vertgt
12-07-07, 05:29 PM
I agree it is overpriced, but it is quite good. I'll have to keep an eye out for the other brands you mentioned. I don't plan on paying $100+ a bottle very often so a change would be welcome. I have tried a few other slightly above low-end brands which I did not mind. Sauza Hornitos sticks out in my mind, which I believe is a Resposado. It was certainly better than Cuervo.

patron is the chit....I have been drinking it since 1999.....until now its blown up.....

urbanski
12-07-07, 05:41 PM
lawlz sypder

Cadillacboy
12-07-07, 06:13 PM
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Food_and_Drinks/Alcoholic_Beverages/beer_2.gif

cheers guys

Spyder
12-07-07, 10:19 PM
And just what in the HELL does "lawlz" mean?

:p

Kev
12-08-07, 07:30 PM
Nothing goes down quite as smooth for me as a Coke Classic in a glass, no ice, with a generous, fresh, juicy lemon wedge thoroughly squeezed in .....

Ahhhhh .....

Spyder
12-08-07, 09:45 PM
Ah, classic Coke. An 80's child then, or are you talking about pre-Harrison act?

:D

Kev
12-08-07, 10:05 PM
An 80's child? I remember classic Coke before it was classic!

Spyder
12-08-07, 10:15 PM
Not quite what I meant...Harrison-act of 1914 was a clue...

Kev
12-08-07, 10:22 PM
Well, obviously I'm neither that old nor that well read..... :suspense: