: If You Know Me, Please Read This, As I've Kept A Secret, 'til Now.

Sandy
12-04-07, 09:19 PM
I am giving thanks, tonight, as I lit the Chanukah Menorah.

I've been silient, 'til now. You see, I almost died. I entered the local mega-big hospital on November 19th, as per schedule, for surgery. The surgery began at 9:30AM. It lasted over 3 hours, and I almost died. I am home, now. I was in intensive care. I dropped 37 pounds and look as sick as I've been. I am resting, now at home, with my wonderful wife. I am weak. But, the outlook is very good for a full recovery. It will take some time, months, but - my goal is Memorial Day Weekend, May 31st ~ so, I have 5-6 months to crawl back. I had been having an occasional stomach ache and I went for tests. Tests showed a possible tumor, peanut sized. I went in for surgery to take a biopsy to see WTF it was. Well.....it was no peanut ! How about the size of a quarter...and it bio'd. as cancer !!! 10 percent of my stomach was removed. All, 100% of the "C" is gone. I still need 3 to 5 Chemo sessions, probably in January. Then, all will be fine. So, this has been my sudden life. From a small tummy ache that was almost ignored, to a near death experience, in a time frame of 45 days.

You bet I am thankfull to be home from the holiday. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-04-07, 09:23 PM
Wow Sandy....my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery! I admire how you've kept a positive (and witty) attitude throughout all of this, and even have a goal set for your "ok date".

Best wishes to you!

Brett
12-04-07, 09:23 PM
heres to a fast recovery :)

Crown Vic Owner
12-04-07, 09:26 PM
Man, good luck.

LS1Mike
12-04-07, 09:29 PM
Wow, man, heres to a speedy recovery

gdwriter
12-04-07, 09:35 PM
Hoover and I both send you our best wishes for your recovery.

Destroyer
12-04-07, 09:36 PM
Just crazy Sandy. I am just now realizing just how frail we really are and how things (healthwise) can go from great too horrible just like that. Sadly a friend of mine passed away on Thanksgiving day. He was only 42 and was not sick but out of knowhere it seems he spit out blood, fainted and hit the bathroom counter on his way to the floor and bled to death. Also lost another good friend just 6 months ago. Glad to hear you are doing ok.

AMGoff
12-04-07, 09:43 PM
Oh Sandy, thank goodness it was caught in time. You are in both the wife and mine's prayers. May you be blessed with the speediest of recoveries.

Just remember... you're not alone, we're all here for you.

Lord Cadillac
12-04-07, 09:43 PM
Wow! We almost lost you there! I'm really glad to hear that things are looking better. There's actually one good use for Goji Juice and that's helping chemotherapy work better. Do a quick search on it. Or somebody post details here. I'm on my PDA otherwise I would...

RightTurn
12-04-07, 09:53 PM
Blessings to you, Sandy.

AlBundy
12-04-07, 10:02 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery good Sir.

c5 rv
12-04-07, 10:17 PM
I sent a prayer up for you. Keep up the positive attitude. Don't read too many funny posts - bad for the stitches. Latkes and sufganiyots to you.

lawfive
12-04-07, 10:30 PM
I don't know ya Sandy but here's to ya, get better.

Ugh, cancer. Next to Alzheimer's, that's gotta be my greatest fear.

What was I saying?

creeker
12-04-07, 10:44 PM
It sounds like you are very confident in rallying around,so it will happen.
All the best.

Sandy
12-04-07, 10:46 PM
THANKS EVERYONE. JUST WAKE UP AND REALIZE, WE ARE ALL SO VERY FRAGILE. IT'S LIKE A ROULETTE WHEEL, AS TO WHO IS GOING DOWN THIS MONTH OR YEAR. MY OUTLOOK IS EXTREMELY GOOD. BUT BETWEEN NOVEMBER 19TH AND 22ND, IT WAS EXTREMELY POOR. NEVER TAKE HEALTH FOR GRANTED, EVEN IF YOU ARE 22 YEARS OLD. IT'S ONLY A NUMBER! HAVE A COLONOSCOPY AT AGE 48 AND THEN ANOTHER EVERY 2 YEARS.
I will never ever again raise my voice to my wife. Without her, I would not be here.
and
Thank all of you for keeping my smiling, and my mind active and off of my stitches pulling in 200 directions.

gary88
12-04-07, 11:15 PM
Best wishes to you and your wife.

smokiejoe
12-04-07, 11:22 PM
Sandy, best wishes on your recovery. I am gonna turn 50 soon and the Doc wants to scope my A*S. Needless to say I not happy about that sh*t, but after reading your post maybe I'll think about it. Nah!

There ya go, the moral of the story is that you never know, so if you want to treat yourself and get a Caddy, why not!

Playdrv4me
12-04-07, 11:26 PM
Sandy Im very sorry to hear about the diagnosis but extremely happy to hear it was all able to be removed successfully. You are tremendously lucky that you had the symptoms when you did. I will keep you in my prayers.

Jesda
12-04-07, 11:41 PM
Screw you, Cancer. You can't take Sandy.

77CDV
12-04-07, 11:45 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Sandy! Happy Hannukah!

Craig

DILLIGAF
12-04-07, 11:52 PM
Damn dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you beat that shit!

I found out tonight a good friend of mine has prostate cancer,their taking his prostate ASAP because he is so young.

ted tcb
12-05-07, 01:01 AM
Excellent news.
You've hinted that you had health issues ... thanks for letting us know how things are going.
Glad to hear the good news ... times like this, a good family and healthy attitude are the best
medicine in the world.

gdwriter
12-05-07, 01:05 AM
Screw you, Cancer. You can't take Sandy.:yeah:

Rolex
12-05-07, 01:16 AM
Sandy I'm lifting you up every day in my prayers. Be strong.

93DevilleUSMC
12-05-07, 01:41 AM
Good health and fast recovery to you, sir!

Night Wolf
12-05-07, 07:26 AM
Wow, I'm glad they got it out, you be in my prayers for a healty and quick recovery :)

slk230mb
12-05-07, 09:10 AM
Here's to a quick recovery. :cheers:

Sandy
12-05-07, 10:10 AM
Thank you, to everyone
Have have a tear or two in my eyes. 'Ya, it means alot.

IF you ARE 50, don't be a freakin' chicken as was I.
Have the damn colonoscopy. I had to have it ANYHOW, in the end,
and it's not bad at all. It's all over in 45 minutes and you are "out"
and feel nothing. You need to have it at 50 53 55 57 59.
When the polyup is small, they loop it with a wire and burn it off,
and remove it. You will feel 100% in 48 hours. If you don't do it
(like I) and it begins to grown, it WILL 110% turn Cancerous.
Now then, you will go thru what I am going thru. (and it's a
damn living hell.) FEAR will KILL you.

I have alot of pain, this AM, so I am signing off, til later.
bloated tummy, gas, gas, gas..oh, 'ya, and also gas.
Pulling stitches, and gas pains.

Cadillacboy
12-05-07, 10:25 AM
Blessings and my best wishes to you for speedy recovery :)

thebigjimsho
12-05-07, 11:37 AM
Best wishes, Sandy!!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-05-07, 01:27 PM
Oddly enough, I found out this morning that my Grandpa had an operation yesterday to remove some skin cancer from his ear. Prior to this morning, I did not even know he had skin cancer. So you can imagine how I felt.

My grandma (his wife) died of Ovarian Cancer back in late April '97.

TagApl4
12-05-07, 03:58 PM
So sorry to heard what u went through, but it is great to hear u r overcoming, stay strong, and u will make a full recovery, i'll put a place for you in my prayers.

Sandy
12-05-07, 05:31 PM
I am back awake. So many prayers, thank you all. Thank you for the kindness. I spoke to my Dr. My office appt is the 17th. He says, by everything I told him, (over the phone) that I am doing very very good.

I walked into the Hospital, Monday AM Nov 19th, age 60. Looking age 47. A few pounds to the + side, even nice complextion, 5' 10" tall - full head of dark brown hair & zero facial wrinkles, wearing nice dress slacks in tan and a dark brown ribbed shirt, awaiting my surgery @ 9:30AM.

At 10:44 my wife of 24 years & our 23 Y.O. son watched the monitor in the next-of-kin in surgery waiting room proclaim me as in grave condition! My son later told me that Mom vomited. At 12:37 I was removed to ICU Intensive Care Unit. I was upgraded to Fair. The next day, the 20th Nov. I was upgraded to Good (or stable). I was now in a semi-private room. On day 3 I was upgraded to Satisfactory, and THAT evening I was sent home!!

So, it's been a long & painful trip, since the morning of the 22nd. Still have some pain. Today, for the first time since Nov 17th (2 days prior) I ate solid food !! 3 slices of Rye Bread w/butter and a slice of tomato.

I look like condensed siht ! I've lost 37 pounds, my complextion is all splotchy in light & dark tones and I have a bruised nose, where I musta hit the operating table with my big Italian/Jewish nose.
I am still a bit bent over, and I have aged 12 years in looks from 49 to my real age of 60. Slam Bam it caught up.
Dr states all the Cancer was removed, but....to be sure 3 or 4 Chemo sessions await me, in January.
(More Fun).

Now....If you are 49-53 and have NOT had your collonoscopy, don't be the schmuck I was. You are flirting with your life. Make an appt to do it. A colon or stomach polyup, does NOT hurt nor cause DISCOMFORT untill it turns cancerous! Then, it's almost too late. This was me. There are no clues, no hints. Only a Colonoscopy can "see" a polyup, and the Dr passed a loop into your @$$ and slips the small loop over the polyup and electrofies it off, and this fabulous machine then catches it and brings it out in a little tray. Then they test it for "C". At that stage 85% of the time it is NOT "C" >>> wait? It will be, if you wait. DO IT.

I wish I could thank each of you in person for your well wishes. 'Ya, it means a lot to me.
Happy Hanukkah / Merry Christmas & for us all a great New Year.
SANDY

HITMONEY
12-05-07, 06:22 PM
Wow Sandy... I am so very sorry to hear this, but I am glad to hear you are doing better.

You will have my prayers for a speedy recovery.

ejguillot
12-05-07, 07:52 PM
Sandy, while I don't know you, I do have you in my prayers. Fight the good fight and join the cancer survivor's club. :thumbsup:

Brett
12-05-07, 10:02 PM
Thank you, to everyone

IF you ARE 50, don't be a freakin' chicken as was I.
Have the damn colonoscopy. I had to have it ANYHOW, in the end

i think that is the only place they give it to you:p

Kev
12-05-07, 10:50 PM
Sandy! Glad to hear you are on the healing side of this! Thank God!

"The LORD bless you and keep you, the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Happy Hanukkah!

i think that is the only place they give it to you:pBrett! Rats!! You stole my punch line dude! :thepan: :crying2:

Destroyer
12-06-07, 01:30 AM
THANKS EVERYONE. JUST WAKE UP AND REALIZE, WE ARE ALL SO VERY FRAGILE. IT'S LIKE A ROULETTE WHEEL, AS TO WHO IS GOING DOWN THIS MONTH OR YEAR. MY OUTLOOK IS EXTREMELY GOOD. BUT BETWEEN NOVEMBER 19TH AND 22ND, IT WAS EXTREMELY POOR. NEVER TAKE HEALTH FOR GRANTED, EVEN IF YOU ARE 22 YEARS OLD. IT'S ONLY A NUMBER! HAVE A COLONOSCOPY AT AGE 48 AND THEN ANOTHER EVERY 2 YEARS.
I will never ever again raise my voice to my wife. Without her, I would not be here.
and
Thank all of you for keeping my smiling, and my mind active and off of my stitches pulling in 200 directions.
Sounds like you got off easy this time Sandy (relatively) and let this be a lesson to us all. Get your bungholes checked or they will sh*t on you. Dont know about you guys but in a few years I'm dropping them and letting the doc have his way. :thumbsup:

P.S.: Rolex dont get you panties in bind. This is not ragging on Sandy its just making a funny. Not saying you always take things the wrong way but......(you do). :eek:

Destroyer
12-06-07, 01:32 AM
Sandy! Glad to hear you are on the healing side of this! Thank God!

"The LORD bless you and keep you, the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Happy Hanukkah!

Brett! Rats!! You stole my punch line dude! :thepan: :crying2:Are we talking about LordCadillac?.:sneaky:

TomDeville
12-06-07, 01:41 AM
Dear Sandy:

I cannot express how pleased I am
by news of your anticipated recovery.

Everyone has been touched by
Cancer, in one way or another.

I Love your Wife for keeping you
with us. God Bless you my Friend.

Warmest Personal Regards,

TomDeville
:cool2:

JC316
12-06-07, 01:46 AM
Sorry to hear that Sandy, but I am glad that you are making a recovery. I know how that feels, because I was nearly dead 2 years ago with a bad infection due to my Crohn's disease. On top of that, my dad has lymphoma. I wish you a speedy recovery.

ewill3rd
12-06-07, 09:11 AM
Woof! Get better! Glad they got that handled, glad you are still alive.
I hesitate to say "okay" but I hope you are back to 100% soon.

Sandy
12-06-07, 04:21 PM
THANK YOU, ALL VERY MUCH

boricuacaddy
12-06-07, 04:49 PM
Wishing you a very swift recovery! Get well soon!

David

RunningOnEMT
12-06-07, 05:01 PM
Wow! We almost lost you there! I'm really glad to hear that things are looking better. There's actually one good use for Goji Juice and that's helping chemotherapy work better. Do a quick search on it. Or somebody post details here. I'm on my PDA otherwise I would...

get well soon sandy....

and goji juice tastes like pomegranate juice filtered through a dirty jock strap

Sandy
12-06-07, 11:29 PM
How do you know ?

I have been avoiding steping on the scale. I did it tonight. :eek::eek::eek:

I am exactly 200. I was 253 on Nov. 18th. I have lost 53 pounds in 17 days.

Gives 'ya an idea what I've been thru. :arghh::vomit:

Ranger
12-07-07, 12:32 AM
Just read this post Sandy. Sorry to hear it, but glad you are on the way back. Hope things continue to go your way.

Sandy
12-07-07, 12:58 AM
I've got Ranger on my side, now. Life has to get better :thumbsup:

HotRodSaint
12-07-07, 01:04 AM
You're in my prayers Sandy. :halo:

And Happy Hannakuh!

JC316
12-07-07, 01:14 AM
Goji is great stuff, but it does taste like ass.

MN-STS-LOVER
12-07-07, 02:24 AM
Best of luck to you! I will be praying for you. This touches very close to home! stay strong...chemo can be a bitch!

cadillacnick99sls
12-10-07, 12:14 AM
good luck and stay strong and positive. My mother was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months to live, that was in 1992 she went on with her every day habits working every day. fought through it and won. she is a strong fighting woman. there is always hope. just keep your attitude positive. your in my prayers.

Florian
12-10-07, 01:12 AM
from a guy with a 'survivor' gal, all the best to you in overcoming your "c"

F

DaveSmed
12-10-07, 01:51 AM
Here's wishing you a quick and complete recovery, glad to hear your feeling better!

Sandy
12-10-07, 04:56 PM
THANK YOU ALL, SO VERY MUCH

I really, really mean it. The Cancer is now out of me. THAT was what the 3 hour and seven minute operation was all about. I spoke with my Dr./Surgeon's partner today. I am told that the recovery time is slow. Memorial Day (May 30) was mentioned at the appox. time I will feel well. .6-months !
All of my stomach muscles were cut. Getting up, & outta bed takes 5 minutes. I walk around the house with a cane. I eat very little, as stomach gets full - plum full - on a piece of toast and one small egg. I drink alot of Mott's Apple Juice and Deer Park Water. Last nite I ate a hamberger (no bun) just the meat. I was stuffed after that !! :canttalk: My 1st face-to-face in person with my Dr/Surgeon is the 17th - next Monday. I assume he will examine the stitches..... It's now 2 weeks & 5 days.
In 3 days will be my Birthday. I am thankfull to just be alive. I will be 61.
I still have to have between 3 & 6 (??) sessions of Chemo, but there's no way it could be as bad as the surgery I endurred on the 19th Nov.
Kissing my wife and our 23 Y.O. son goodbye as they wheel you away to 3 hour surgery, and being certain you will NOT make it.... (as I was)..... is something I wish on nobody. The look of total devestation I saw on my Son's face is etched upon my brain >forever<.
Now,
Now I know, I will make it. :thumbsup::yup:

I love you guys. You always cheer me up. You ARE the Silver Lining you've heard about.

pimpin88
12-10-07, 08:20 PM
Sandy, sorry I'm late on this one, but I wish you best of luck and a speedy full recovery. Keep going for you goal, and you're in my prayers.

My_favorite_Brougham
12-10-07, 08:25 PM
You'll be back up and kickin' just in time to bring out the Sixty Special for the summer. Oh and Sandy, does your soap and water cleaning technique work on perforated leather? Don't mean to get the thread off track, but I've got a bunch of tiny holes (I assume for ventilation) in my white leathers, and I don't want anything bad to happen.

Don't mean to be a thread jacker. Get well Sandy! :thumbsup:

Greg

Destroyer
12-10-07, 09:11 PM
Soooooooooo, now that you have had a near death experience you will have a renewed outlook on life for sure. What new car will you be getting?.:)

Sandy
12-11-07, 11:54 AM
Probably none. Maybe in 2009.

I can't wait to feel good again, have the "3 to 6" sessions of Chemo behind me and take the Sixty out for a ride. She's backed into the garage, with her battery disconected, and covered with 3 quilted bed quilts. The garage does not leak and has no cracks nor holes. It is not heated.

Sandy
12-11-07, 12:15 PM
If you have BOTH perforated leather AND heated seats, I would NOT use my cleaning method, as the moisture from the water/soap might cause the electrics of the heated seat to short out. Better safe ... than sorry ~ :D

My_favorite_Brougham
12-11-07, 12:53 PM
Thanks, Sandy ...no heated seats for me ...but you go and get better. We can't have our "trickmaster grandioso" down for too long!

N0DIH
12-16-07, 01:35 AM
We will definitely keep you in our prayers too, sorry for the late read, I don't get too much time to lurk lately....

God Bless you and keep you!

Tom

"Time is the currency of life..."

Sandy
12-16-07, 07:13 PM
Thanks. I'm resting and waiting for this week with a "sit-down" with my Dr/surgeon. I ahve pounds of questions !