: Can't Find my Kitten Dammit......

DopeStar 156
12-04-07, 08:13 PM
I just brought home a 3 month old kitten to replace my recently deceased cat of 6 years. She went off exploring in my basement and now I can't seem to find her. She wasn't scared of me or anyone else, in fact she was purring and rubbing but now she's MIA. We even tried using our dog to sniff her out but all the did was piss on the floor and try to eat the cat food. She doesn't know her name yet but I named her Twiggy. Any tips on how to flush her out?

Wrestler07
12-04-07, 08:20 PM
Leave some water out for her but no food. When she gets hungry she'll pop her head out.

gary88
12-04-07, 09:05 PM
Leave some tuna fish out. Cats love that stuff and can smell it from a mile away.

Crown Vic Owner
12-04-07, 09:16 PM
put some milk out in the basement and put a TV down there?

DopeStar 156
12-04-07, 09:35 PM
Leave some tuna fish out. Cats love that stuff and can smell it from a mile away.

I actually had a can of 9Lives tuna out for about an hour and a half and it was untouched so I took it away......

DopeStar 156
12-04-07, 10:40 PM
Found her, she was asleep behind the steps behind a buncha boxes. She just wandered out, stretched, and mewed.

Finally..... Twiggy, born on September 3, 2007.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/Twiggy/twiggy1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/Twiggy/twiggy2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/Twiggy/twiggy3.jpg

gdwriter
12-04-07, 10:48 PM
Glad to hear it, Dope. Kitties are very good at hiding.

The day we brought home a kitten when I was a kid, we let her explore her new home. Couldn't find her for a while, then heard meowing in the utility room. I don't know how, but she had managed to work her way under my mother's upright freezer. Removed the grille, and there she was, waiting for us. That cat lived to be 18.

gary88
12-04-07, 11:19 PM
We have 3 cats, 2 of them are three and the other is eighteen. The eighteen year old seems like he's on his final stretch though. Although not as badass and energetic as dogs, cats are still great pets.

DILLIGAF
12-05-07, 12:18 AM
Cat napped on ya.It happens,glad the little sucker didn't get somewhere it couldn't get out of.That happens too

TomDeville
12-05-07, 01:24 AM
Good News Dope; (Long time Dude;
What it is?)

In any event;:kitty:
I was inclined to recommend,
as a meritorious lure, your b.o.
stankiest undershirt wiped with
some testicle fragrance & duly
placed strategically.

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2:
:cool2:

Night Wolf
12-05-07, 07:42 AM
I still have Mitten-Muffin..... my tiger-striped Manx cat that I've had since I was *3* years old! Yes, he is 17.5 years old now. He's at my parents house. I grew up with that cat, I remember taking him in for show and tell in pre-school. He was ALWAYS escaping from the house and getting into trouble, his records from the vet are huge as he's been thru alot.... IMO the prettiest and most loveable cat I'll ever know, there is just no replacement for Mitt. Manx cats are supposed to have an even shorter lifespan then normal cats too, but he's hanging in there.... tho now he is showing his age.

I have 2 cats myself, got them about a month ago, a mom and daughter, the mom is black, about 2.5 yrs old, and the daughter is black and white, about 5 months old.... the mom is a very loveable cat, very friendly, but the daughter is still scared of me, she runs away whenever I go near her. When I picked them up, the women was able to hold her.... I'm getting tired of the cat running away tho, I don't want it to be a scared cat... the only way I can touch it is if she is sleeping next to her mom and I go near and she'll let me pet her, but is very scared.... or, what I've been doing just to get contact berween us, is close the door behind me in a room and I can get her evuentally, and she won't try to fight me, but I can tell shes scared. Slowly she is allowing herself to come closer to me, but it's still a pain cause she keeps running away.

Playdrv4me
12-05-07, 10:09 AM
Kitties are very good at hiding.

Tell me about it, I certainly can't seem to find any.

thebigjimsho
12-05-07, 11:32 AM
Tell me about it, I certainly can't seem to find any.tru.dat