: Range Rover vs Audi Q7

Cadillacboy
12-04-07, 10:57 AM
I can't make up my mind .Which SUV out of these are better . I think Range Rover is like what a Rolls Royce does to car industry .I might be wrong too .
However I must admit Audi growin on me namely their AMLS victories with R10 catched my grip (look at relevance :lol: )
Audi Q7 is one of the coolest SUVs I have ever seen and I love their styling .
Range Rover is a great car it goes w/o saying that . What I didn't like it is you know they don't have digital A/C unit unlike Audi Q7 . Does that matter ?
Yep, it matters in my point of view namely considerin RR's previous version which is called P38 came with the digital goodies .
Range Rover's styling is very old fashioned when you compare it to Audi Q7 . I ain't keen on its talilights neither. Audi's looks nicer imo
While Range Rover prefers thinner door frames , Audi uses thinker .
I still think that you can't go wrong neither whatever you choose them .
Note: I exclude Sport version for Range Rover for this comparison

Jesda
12-04-07, 12:01 PM
2006+ Jag-powered Range Rover is pretty reliable. Previous years have issues.

Dont know about the Q7.

AMGoff will suggest the Pacifica.

Playdrv4me
12-04-07, 12:08 PM
Ok I voted for the Rover, but I gotta admit, the Q7 is a DAMN fine place to be... However, the fact that the U.S. doesn't have the short wheelbase version yet keeps it off my radar. The long one is just odd looking.

Still, there is nothing like the beautiful yet stodgy profile of the Range Rover. It's such a classic design.

Then you have abonimations like the RR Sport... just perverting the whole concept.

yellowxhoodie
12-04-07, 12:35 PM
first time i saw a Q7 i was amazed. what a beautiful car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-04-07, 01:41 PM
Either or....you really can't go wrong.

But where's the G-Class?

MisterBlue
12-04-07, 01:52 PM
If all you want is a cool-looking "boulevard performance" SUV, get the Q7. If you actually want to go off-road into the moguls, though, the Range Rover is far superior.

Of course, when you pull up at the stoplight next to a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8....

Cadillacboy
12-04-07, 06:31 PM
Nope, G Class looks so "prim" for me .It's like a German Humvee lol .Sorry Chad, I dissappoointed at you not havin this choice but only two these brands peak my interest .
However , GL Class is a cool one too for MB .

AMGoff
12-04-07, 10:54 PM
AMGoff will suggest the Pacifica.

That's just plain absurd (although the Pacifica is a decent vehicle for what it is)... had you said:

"AMGoff will suggest the Aspen," that would have made more sense...

However... I'll tackle the question at hand just to prove I can play well with all the other kiddies. Between the two, the Range Rover wins hands down... for the simple reason being:

What the hell's the point of an SUV if you can't take it off-road?

The Q7 lacks a transfer case, has paltry ground clearance, and even VW has admitted that their modified 7L platform was intended more for on-road use. Granted, while most snooty-hoots would never take their Rover off the beaten trail, the fact remains it can be done, and does so well. Then again, as said... it doesn't really matter because most people who buy SUVs (or pseudo-SUVs) don't really need them, they buy them to project some sort of image - the absolute worst reason to buy such a wasteful vehicle.

Now if you ask which one I'd actually drive - the choice is obvious - neither... that's why the good Lord gave us Jeeps.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-05-07, 12:32 AM
Now if you ask which one I'd actually drive - the choice is obvious - neither... that's why the good Lord gave us Jeeps.

Poor man's Land Rover.

How about the Touareg? :cloud9:
That's my choice of a luxury SUV that is designed for exceptional performance, on and off road. I'd take one with the Turbodiesel V-10, and let's get a full coverage warranty that's good until the year 3000. Because with a Volkswagen, especially one as complex as that one, you're gonna need it.

Playdrv4me
12-05-07, 01:37 AM
I like the Touareg alot, I just think the nose (at least until the 07 model), was very plain. The interior however is absolutely gorgeous, and is a dead ringer for the Phaeton.

The Cayenne on the other hand has the bad-boy looks on the outside, but has a WalMart interior.

AMGoff
12-05-07, 01:50 AM
If I'm going to have a "luxury-SUV," then it may as well be the original one... oh wait, I already have that... and it goes off-road too.