: coolant leak - drivers side

valle1018
12-03-07, 11:21 PM
I have a coolant coming from somewhere on the driver side in the rear. It doesn't appear to be the oil cooler or HCV valve or the bypass bridge. Any ideas what else it could be? Please tell me it isn't my head gaskets.

BLK98LAC
01-05-08, 05:05 PM
having the same problem with mine.

anybody know what it would be?

i got a guy looking at it and he said it might be some kind of control valve or the HG gone.

it just POURS from the drivers rear of the engine.

frank moran
01-05-08, 07:28 PM
I have a coolant coming from somewhere on the driver side in the rear. It doesn't appear to be the oil cooler or HCV valve or the bypass bridge. Any ideas what else it could be? Please tell me it isn't my head gaskets.

there is a steel pipe that runs from the center and back of the block just below the bridge over to the pass side, this pipe is about 2in in dia. and has an O ring that seals it to the block, just a thought??? I doubt its head gaskets.... any freese plugs in the area your checking?? you may want to lift the intake and really check the oil cooler, it sits in the block in coolent and is only sealed with RTV, there is also a small coolent hose that runs from the throttle body and attaches to the bridge area??

Boris
01-06-08, 08:44 PM
That steel pipe in the rear of the motor is the first thing I would check.
I just took it off my motor today and the o-ring was on it's last legs.
It was just starting to leak in my case and was a pain to track down but since I pulled the motor the repair will be easy.

It's held on with 2 bolts and the o-ring is on the pipe side of the mating surfaces.

ChaticCatera206
01-09-08, 05:48 AM
I got the same leak, been trying to track it down for weeks, no luck. So Im going to run some dye through the system and check it with a black light after a day or so.

jebfrank
01-09-08, 08:28 PM
Funny you guys mentioned this, I to think I have a very slow leak comming off the rear drivers side! It appears to leak a little right on the exhaust where the flange is. Please post if someone comes up with a fix.

davessss
02-02-08, 11:30 PM
i had the leak runs down the exhaust pipe on the drivers side. i checked the oil cooler, the metal pipe on back, the o-ring and everything is fine. after checking everything found the problem bad head gasket. i hope you dont have the same problem.

i am replacing the engine since i couldnt find a mechanic willing to replace th head gasket. now i am looking for the engine mounts with not very good luck.

livebait
04-04-08, 08:11 AM
has anyone found anything out about this leak that randomly cant be found