: OMG!! I hate that Ford Escape Hybrid commercial!!

hueterm
12-03-07, 09:36 PM
The one w/the snotty little girl who wants her dad to drop her off a block from the theater because all of her brainwashed little crumbcruncher friends will make fun of her if she's not in a hybrid.

She should get made fun of b/c her fool dad bought any Escape in the first place. The fact that he paid "X" thousand more dollars for the hybrid is just icing...

If I'd been the dad I would have turned around and walked back into the house and told her she was grounded.

:bomb:

Sinister Angel
12-03-07, 11:30 PM
The one w/the snotty little girl who wants her dad to drop her off a block from the theater because all of her brainwashed little crumbcruncher friends will make fun of her if she's not in a hybrid.

She should get made fun of b/c her fool dad bought any Escape in the first place. The fact that he paid "X" thousand more dollars for the hybrid is just icing...

If I'd been the dad I would have turned around and walked back into the house and told her she was grounded.

:bomb:

Get out of my head, thanks :)

Jesda
12-04-07, 01:11 AM
I like the car. Hybrids make more sense in utility vehicles.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-04-07, 01:16 AM
"Daaaaaaaadddy!!! Why can't we take the Prius???????" :crybaby:

Cadillacboy
12-04-07, 10:21 AM
:histeric: :rofl: :lol:

thebigjimsho
12-04-07, 10:54 AM
Only greenies can have kids that ugly...

Fire and Ice
12-04-07, 12:21 PM
Anybody remember the "fake" commercial for the Ka? It was and evil twin car that decapitated an unsuspecting cat. :lildevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJHsbVvGPaY

Craig

AMGoff
12-04-07, 03:42 PM
That commercial does annoy me as well... I wouldn't have grounded her though... I would have just smacked her and then made her walk her chubby ass to wherever she needed to go.

However... I agree completely with Jesda... while I'm not a Ford fan in the least... I do think hybrids make much more sense in SUVs/Trucks than they do in anything else. Because of which, the Escape does get phenomenal mileage... and despite what many domestic-haters say... being able to get 22mpg in a hybrid Suburban/Tahoe is really good as well.

It's certainly a hell of a lot better than some bloated, fugly hybrid Lexus that gets worse mileage than my Seville ...

Jesda
12-04-07, 10:51 PM
Only greenies can have kids that ugly...

LOL!!!!! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Playdrv4me
12-05-07, 08:32 PM
The Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon is on my radar...

Crown Vic Owner
12-06-07, 12:53 PM
Um, i blame the schools

I may have gotten kicked out of a enviro science class at one time when i wrote a 15 page paper on how a hybrid is not efficient and how global warming is actually caused by methane.

My aunts little one lives in a little prissy comminuity, and i hear her friends say stuff about how there moms have hybrids.

Of course, the crown vic, i just can do a few donuts in that and win over her friends in coolness factor.

AMGoff
12-07-07, 12:04 AM
Um, i blame the schools

I may have gotten kicked out of a enviro science class at one time when i wrote a 15 page paper on how a hybrid is not efficient and how global warming is actually caused by methane.

My aunts little one lives in a little prissy comminuity, and i hear her friends say stuff about how there moms have hybrids.

Of course, the crown vic, i just can do a few donuts in that and win over her friends in coolness factor.

And I'm interested to know what grade you received for the paper...

While methane is a potent greenhouse gas and while I'm the first person to stand up and argue the fact that climate change is cyclical and well beyond mankind's current capacity to fully understand... it's plain absurd to completely dismiss the negative effects that massive amounts of CO2 being dumped into the atmosphere can cause. While it is now known that natural methane production increases with the warmer it gets, that theory doesn't necessarily explain what caused the increased warmth which in turn causes the increased methane production to being with.

Regardless of all that... to make a blanket statement like "a hybrid is not efficient," is without merit. While long-term total cost of ownership hasn't been established yet and while hybrids are only a stop-gap solution for the interim, the fact remains they are efficient. We are talking about technology that allows 76HP 1.5L gasoline engine to attain highway speeds while returning 45mpg in the city or technology that even in minimal form, allows a behemoth like a Tahoe/Yukon to attain 22mpg... when ten years ago you'd be lucky to get 15mpg in the same vehicle.

A permanent solution? Of course not... that's why a company like Toyota better get on the ball and stop putting all of their eggs in the hybrid basket. But is it efficient? For better or worse, the answer would be a definite yes.

Jesda
12-07-07, 12:17 AM
Your long posts are not efficient!

/being an a-hole. jfwy :)

Crown Vic Owner
12-07-07, 12:36 AM
And I'm interested to know what grade you received for the paper...

While methane is a potent greenhouse gas and while I'm the first person to stand up and argue the fact that climate change is cyclical and well beyond mankind's current capacity to fully understand... it's plain absurd to completely dismiss the negative effects that massive amounts of CO2 being dumped into the atmosphere can cause. While it is now known that natural methane production increases with the warmer it gets, that theory doesn't necessarily explain what caused the increased warmth which in turn causes the increased methane production to being with.

Regardless of all that... to make a blanket statement like "a hybrid is not efficient," is without merit. While long-term total cost of ownership hasn't been established yet and while hybrids are only a stop-gap solution for the interim, the fact remains they are efficient. We are talking about technology that allows 76HP 1.5L gasoline engine to attain highway speeds while returning 45mpg in the city or technology that even in minimal form, allows a behemoth like a Tahoe/Yukon to attain 22mpg... when ten years ago you'd be lucky to get 15mpg in the same vehicle.

A permanent solution? Of course not... that's why a company like Toyota better get on the ball and stop putting all of their eggs in the hybrid basket. But is it efficient? For better or worse, the answer would be a definite yes.

I am not dismissing it.

I got a 0 on the paper and got kicked out of that school a bit later as they tried pulling the whole, while he has autisim, and i dont think he can make it in normal school, although i did score a 98 on the entrance exam to the damn place.

I wrote the paper because the teacher that i had was a full blown hippie, and not understanding of my arguements.

I shouldnt have stated the post above the way i did. I should say that i stated that methane is a major contributer to global warming, not that it is the lead one, and she dismissed that. I based the paper off of some speculation as the whole topic is controversial, and i also threw out some other reasons global warming has come about, and possibly being a byproduct of our evolution, and we are unable to stop it.

I mainly wrote the paper to call the woman a liar as she was, feeding pure BS down our throats that she could NEVER back up.

If you google the VW lupo, you will find a car that HAS hit 70mpg and not be a hybrid, and she said that it is plain out a lie. She told me i had to have a book reference of this to even get past a 0, and unfortunately, because the car is made in the EU, i was unable to get one here in the US.

It was a few years ago, but i do believe methane is a major contributor to global warming, if it is NOT caused by the earth itself.