: new Delco spark plug wires installed

TexasCadillac
12-03-07, 01:30 AM
I put new Delco spark plug wires on my 98 Deville yesterday. 4 or 5 days ago my car started a misfire, when idling every 3-4 seconds I could feel the misfire. I changed the plugs a week ago and the wires were stiff compared to the new wires. I could have damaged the old wires while changing the spark plugs. The dealer wanted 138 plus tax, I told them that rock auto would ship them for 116.00 they sold me the wires for 116.00 plus tax 125.00. It fixed the misfire and is running great and picked up a couple miles a gallon. Air and oil and filter next. TexasCadillac :)

Submariner409
12-03-07, 11:13 AM
Did the new Delco wire set have the proper spark plug boots installed ? Just a question 'cause a guy up the street bought an aftermarket set for the same car as yours and the wires had to be cut to fit and the boots crimped on.

Cadillacboy
12-03-07, 12:47 PM
Good luck with your tune up .BTW, since you mention some replacements , you shoud use OEM parts or WIX filters are great :)

TexasCadillac
12-03-07, 08:05 PM
Did the new Delco wire set have the proper spark plug boots installed ? Just a question 'cause a guy up the street bought an aftermarket set for the same car as yours and the wires had to be cut to fit and the boots crimped on.
Yes the Delco wires were complete with the boots on both ends. The are an exact fit. The only difference is the factory wires had each wire numbered for the right plug. The spark plug boots had dielectric grease in them to keep the boots from sticking to the spark plugs. I never buy the wires you have to put the ends on. TexasCadillac :D

TexasCadillac
12-03-07, 08:08 PM
Good luck with your tune up .BTW, since you mention some replacements , you shoud use OEM parts or WIX filters are great :)
Hi thanks, Delco is OEM parts but I use Mobile 1 oil filters or WIX. TexasCadillac :)

Ranger
12-03-07, 10:04 PM
Not an uncommon problem after moving old heat cycled wires around. I had the same problem (as have many others) after having the fuel rail recall done on my '97.