: Uh problems...

rhatje
12-02-07, 06:55 PM
So ive been smelling burnt oil the past couple days while im driving so i decided to look under the hood today, not good, drivers ride rocker cover is leaking oil onto the exhaust manifold, not only that but i have a real bad steering wheel vibration comming from the front end, and im hearing some odd noises comming from the dif,

hope the gm used car warrenty covers all this :(:thepan:

Jon
12-02-07, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear :(

I see no reason why the warranty won't cover it. Just don't take "no" for an answer.

Let us know how it turns out.

LSCTS
12-03-07, 01:00 AM
My Lincoln LS did a similar thing at 90k and the factory wouldn't do anything even though this problem was a very large one for the 3.9 V8, so before I ripped it apart to change the rocker cover gasket I tried some bardhall (sp) stop leak (it conditions the rubber gaskets) I drove it for 2000kms with it in then changed the oil. Hasn't leaked since 150kms and counting!

dup's Cadi
01-10-08, 06:05 PM
Be happy that it is the driver side. The rocker cover on that side is a lot easier to get off, if you are doing it yourself. If you need any help with the DIY I can give you some guidance. I have done a few things to these cars.