Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1988 Sedan Deville Speakers

802 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  DesignKid 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I've done my fair share of searching the forums before I made this post. I recently bought my second Cadillac and am in the process of upgrading the current audio system. I don't anticipate putting any subwoofers in the trunk, but I do have replacement 6x9 and 4x6 speakers picked out. I also got a speaker wiring harness for all four speakers so I can always put the old factory ones back in if the time ever comes. I hopped in the trunk, and was in desperate hope that replacing the speakers would be as simple of a task as it was when I installed speakers in my 1980 Fleetwood Brougham. The Fleetwood speakers just had a bracket that kept them secure, but the Deville speakers drop in. From what I read it appears that I have to remove the rear seat. So, I did was previous posts said. I removed the cover in the trunk, and looked for bolts and nuts in the corners, and all around. I've had no luck finding such a thing. I also read that in some models you need to remove the entire dash when installing the 4x6 speakers. I guess I just need some clarity to installing speakers in this model vehicle. Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.